Time for a spell Tex

Remove this Banner Ad

In the 14 games before his injury, he'd kicked 40 goals including a bag of 8, at the age of 23. He was certainly tracking that way.
Kicked a few when he came back as well including 5 (I think) against Hawthorn at the MCG, but ultimately his body wouldn't get right for him.

I remember the Monday after the showdown he injured himself, listening to two Port supporters at work gloating how the best thing that came out of the win was that they'd not only dented our finals hopes but also injured some of our better players, and Hentschel so bad he wouldn't be able to have an impact the following year either because it was so late in the current season.

tex looks in need of a rest. He is no longer attacking the ball with gusto and once again is being led to the ball and not approaching the marking contest with
Any authority. I thought clurey
Took him to the cleaners and he was a liability with his lack of influence in the game and lack of defensive pressure. It might be a good opportunity with a trip to
Perth to rest him and bring back bad bustling billy based on his SANFL form. I don’t think he is the answer
Long term But he could be a better option this week. We said we would manage tex During the year. This is the perfect opportunity
Your OP turns out to be prescient, well done.
There was a fair bit of speculation about Tex's reduced output over the last few weeks. Some said he was injured or carrying a niggle of some kind. Others speculated that the newbies who supply Tex are getting "tired", which I have trouble understanding since I expect them to get better in terms of strength, match fitness and skill level, not worse.
If their pre-season fitness 'wears off' after 5 or so rounds that's a poor reflection on the fitness staff, isn't it?

Nicks doesn't want to turn it over 40m out, he prefers to turn it over much closer to goal as defending that is easier.
This!
Nicks does not want the ball turned over on or around the Crows' 50m arc, which would result in scoreboard annihilation. The bomb-it-deep tactic means the ball is turned over deeper in our F50 (or we score), which uses up more time and means the opposition have to move the ball an extra 30-40 metres to score themselves.
The Crows still lose, but they lose by less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back