Time for DRS in Twenty20?

Should there be DRS in Twenty20 cricket?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it odd that two forms of international cricket use DRS and one doesn't.

I'm on board with DRS being introduced. Maybe 3 reviews per team, used across both innings. I.e. if you bat first and go full Shane Watson then no complaining when a a plumb LBW isn't given when you are bowling.

People point to the speed of the game but did anyone watch the Heat vs Sixers BBL semi? * me that dragged on and on and on and it wasn't DRS' fault. And the umpires still review no balls and spend minutes at a time checking whether or not the fielder's foot touched the rope so DRS won't make a big difference to the flow of the game.

It's fairly expensive to install the system on all grounds I believe
Most T20s, domestic and all, are played on regular international grounds though.

The Thunder play at Spotless and there's a match in Geelong this summer but otherwise it's the same usual grounds.

3 would be ridiculous..

1 is enough, stops them being used 'tactically'.

Whether it's 1/2/3/100 I like the idea of getting a total number of referrals for the whole game.

If you get to the 19th over without using your lone referral and have a decision go against you, you'll use it. If the rules say that wasting that referral means you don't get one in the second innings I think it will stop people using them tactically. At least in the first innings.

No. It slows down the game. I'm all for it in other formats, but T20 cricket is about being a fast paced attention grabber. 20 overs isn't a fair amount of time to test cricket skill anway, talent is needed, but so is a large amount luck, and it never was designed for that. The umpiring doesn't have to be perfectly fair.

No. It slows down the game.
Does it really? A couple of minutes max isn't a big deal.
The umpiring doesn't have to be perfectly fair.
Imagine the offended if a final was decided by a ball call. Now imagine your team copped it. I'd be pretty annoyed!

Does it really? A couple of minutes max isn't a big deal.
You've got to remember the audience here, they often don't understand the game much. You need action at all times. That's why the BBL is smashing the A-League. Even small breaks will affect it
Imagine the offended if a final was decided by a ball call. Now imagine your team copped it. I'd be pretty annoyed!
I don't know many people that are genuinely affected by results in T20s. If my team wins it's 'cool', if the lose its 'whatever'. You have to remember your audience. They don't understand the game too much. It's hard to care about the result when you don't understand the game anyway. Try watching a game of baseball, or a sport you've never seen before, pick a team, and see if you care whether they win or lose.

You've got to remember the audience here, they often don't understand the game much. You need action at all times. That's why the BBL is smashing the A-League. Even small breaks will affect it

I don't know many people that are genuinely affected by results in T20s. If my team wins it's 'cool', if the lose its 'whatever'. You have to remember your audience. They don't understand the game too much. It's hard to care about the result when you don't understand the game anyway. Try watching a game of baseball, or a sport you've never seen before, pick a team, and see if you care whether they win or lose.
How is BBL smashing the A League?
People only go because its cheap, DRS referrals would be the most exciting part of most BBL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attendance's mean zero. Bbl is cheap, that's why people go. A leagues only on fox and SBS, bbl is on free to air. 24,000 people went to Carlton v collingwood aflw game. The average vfl, wafl, sanfl game might get 1000, does that make aflw a better game?

People only go because its cheap, DRS referrals would be the most exciting part of most BBL games.

I would say actually the average price to go to a Big Bash game is around $30.00 in Sydney. ( I happened to have paid around $90.00 to watch the Sydney Smash) The average price to an A-League fixture about $20.00

Don't think there is too much differences in price, but I still reckon the cricket Big Bash would be slightly higher though.

Get rid of the cartoon s**t full stop ,no one can tell me what I see,its bad enough they tell us what we're allowed to say,

I thought DRS was or included the cartoon crap that sometimes shows us a completely different path from what we've just seen live or on slow replay,hence the comment,.
If I'm wrong for being off the mark,sorry,If you now realize what I meant then you are the newest member of the nuff nuff club

I thought DRS was or included the cartoon crap that sometimes shows us a completely different path from what we've just seen live or on slow replay,hence the comment,.
If I'm wrong for being off the mark,sorry,If you now realize what I meant then you are the newest member of the nuff nuff club
I've always wanted to be a member of a club, I'll take it.

Back