Analysis Time for Fletcher Roberts to be the KPD he can be

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
(Yes I know we have a lot of other problems but...)

A big opportunity for you now Fletch.

I haven't been your biggest fan, but with Adams gone, there is a massive opportunity for you to not only establish yourself, but have a big say in our season.

Hope he backs himself in and proves a few of us (including me) wrong

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
I actually am a massive fan of fletch! Didnt wanr him dropped in the first place, but now I cant see him getting back in.

I actually am a massive fan of fletch! Didnt wanr him dropped in the first place, but now I cant see him getting back in.

Did you miss him out there on Thursday night ;)

Zephiisdaman

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2010
Whitten Oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sadly, he just isn't up to it. Say what you like to convince me otherwise but poor old Fletch ain't going to be the messiah.
I watched Hamling closely in Bris v Freo game and was spewing even more that he left. He did some outrageously good things in the game. The margin would have been greater if it wasn't for his efforts.
May, Lever and Allir should be major recruiting targets over the off-season. The loss of Moz is unthinkable really, my concern is that he will go over the edge of the cliff like Matthew Boyd or Josh Gibson. Then we will be truly f****d.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's breakfast time and this thread makes me wonder, What
does Fletcher Roberts have for breakfast ? What is the
breakfast of champions ? I have always felt sorry for
Fletcher Roberts as he was the guy who was not drafted,
but was an afterthought after a player returned to West
Australia for family reasons.

On a separate note had we drafted Xavier Richards last
year we would be in a better spot with our key position
depth. Xavier Richards is like the Bermuda triangle and
all the other mysteries of the world.

BulldogJake

All Australian
Jul 24, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fletch is a bit akin to a Matthew Croft defender if my memory serves me correctly - was only young during Croft's latter years.

A bit lethargic, doesnt do anything 'special' but does all the simple things as a defender well.

His start to the season was great imo, and then fell back a little and was a little stiff to be dropped.

He'll make it, and I have the confidence he'll consolidate his spot in the next couple weeks. Played juniors as a forward so can swing up forward like we did with Adams if needed.

Solid but unspectacular defender, good clubman, unobtrusively does his thing. Will never beat the best forwards 1-on-1 but understands the zonal marking thing.

He's not an Adams replacement but he's as good as we've got. Pretty sure he played in all four finals last year and did his job.

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Solid but unspectacular defender, good clubman, unobtrusively does his thing. Will never beat the best forwards 1-on-1 but understands the zonal marking thing.

He's not an Adams replacement but he's as good as we've got. Pretty sure he played in all four finals last year and did his job.

Nope missed the first two finals, was very lucky, come in against GWS because of their tall forward line and kept his spots for the Grand Final.

He is nothing like Matty Croft, whoever made that comparison. Matty Croft could mark and dominated the two's before finally getting a game.

If he ever gets to the level of Crofty then I'd be stoked. Long way off it at this point.

BRG93

The Beacon of BigFooty
Artist Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014
Aug 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He will be reborn as a Forward, Bookmark it

Back