Time for Hartigan to be dropped

Hartigan is a spud

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

On the game day thread, you were the main one bagging him, you do it every single week!
Just like rabbit - Crouch, marty- Doedee, you have an irrational dislike for Hartigan.
Opposition supporters notice it every week as well. I’m just one of the few crows fans posting it.

You seriously can be comparing the speed of hartigan and otten can you? Seriously?

As I said, I will leave the otten argument for another day as I know some trolls will focus on just that .

The round 2 team I listed doesn’t even have otten in it but of course that’s what you focus on, well done on turning it into a otten vs hartigan discussion while making it seem like that’s my point of view simply because there’s no other justification for hartigan being in the side. just making the point that hartigan is slower to move the ball on than otten and only ever kicks sideways, so if you have a problem with how fast otten moves physically you should have a problem with how fast hartigan moves the ball. Both equally detrimental qualities, but at least otten can go forward or back, hits targets and can spoil.

Lets do some match ups with your back 6

Brown 181cm 81kg. Talia 197cm 98kg. Cheney 186cm 93kg.

Seed 189cm 87kg. Kelly 190cm 89kg. Laird 172cm 81kg.

VS

Begley 188cm 89kg. Daniher 200cm 97kg. Stewart 199cm 95kg, looking at him last night more than 95kg.

Stringer 192cm 92kg Hooker 199cm 101kg. Mcd-Tip 171cm 80kg.

You have Talia as the only player over 190cm. Kelly at CHB at 190cm??

There would be some pretty basic forward entry tactics if you were Woosha.

Lets do some match ups with your back 6

Brown 181cm 81kg. Talia 197cm 98kg. Cheney 186cm 93kg.

Seed 189cm 87kg. Kelly 190cm 89kg. Laird 172cm 81kg.

VS

Begley 188cm 89kg. Daniher 200cm 97kg. Stewart 199cm 95kg, looking at him last night more than 95kg.

Stringer 192cm 92kg Hooker 199cm 101kg. Mcd-Tip 171cm 80kg.

You have Talia as the only player over 190cm. Kelly at CHB at 190cm??

There would be some pretty basic forward entry tactics if you were Woosha.

It's round 2 changes. What you are talking about is hypothetical retrospective changes. Do the same thing for next week with my match ups. Which is what I did. I'm waiting...

And you do know we lost last night with those match ups that you were happy with? Maybe if we had smaller more attacking players they wouldn't
have had the dominance they had and got the supply that they got.. But that's all hypothetical now. Our Defense failed last night. That's not hypothetical.

And you realise we can move players around, right? Like McGovern going back if we are getting dominated like we were last night if we were still to get dominated like we were last night with the hypothetical back Iine i proposed for round 2 that you have weirdly applied to round 1 .

Different opinion is great but unfortunately a stupid thread is a stupid thread.

Yes and unfortunately stupid comprehension of round 2 changes applied to a round 1 match are still stupid as well. Let's stick to talking about the footy instead of going for cheap shots. If you think it's stupid explain why. Which you have admittedly attempted to do. But blanket statements about dropping a player of Hartigans quality as "stupid" just dumbfounds me. He's a battler at best. And under pressure, and in big games he's a proven liability imo. Why persist with that when you know he will let you down when it matters?

We need someone way more nimble on Riewoldt. Besides that, last year we contained those type of players with really solid team defence. I’m wondering whatever happened to our team defence and then I remember...Smithers. :'(:'(He and Laird had special understanding.
And Lever. Like he’s a flog and maybe not good 1v1 but he was pretty bloody good at clearing the area. We’ve basically lost 2 of 3 play makers. That was our method, slingshot from defence. The game plan was built around it. What Now back to Sandos contested game. No Brad for half a season. :(

It's round 2 changes. What you are talking about is hypothetical retrospective changes. Do the same thing for next week with my match ups. Which is what I did. I'm waiting...

And you do know we lost last night with those match ups that you were happy with? Maybe if we had smaller more attacking players they wouldn't
have had the dominance they had and got the supply that they got.. But that's all hypothetical now. Our Defense failed last night. That's not hypothetical.

And you realise we can move players around, right? Like McGovern going back if we are getting dominated like we were last night if we were still to get dominated like we were last night with the hypothetical back Iine i proposed for round 2 that you have weirdly applied to round 1 .

Yes and unfortunately stupid comprehension of round 2 changes applied to a round 1 match are still stupid as well. Let's stick to talking about the footy instead of going for cheap shots. If you think it's stupid explain why. Which you have admittedly attempted to do. But blanket statements about dropping a player of Hartigans quality as "stupid" just dumbfounds me. He's a battler at best. And under pressure, and in big games he's a proven liability imo. Why persist with that when you know he will let you down when it matters?

What games did Hartigan let you down in last year?

If we went in with a smaller back 6 we would have had a much bigger loss last night .

We were 20 points up at three quarter time last night, our midfield let them have repeat inside 50 entries in Q4, Essendon had the ball inside their half for 70% of the last quarter. Essendon had a huge amount of inside 50's, pretty hard being a key defender under those circumstances. Obviously our defence were beaten in the last quarter, but our midfield failed, which resulted in too many forward entries for Essendon. Tough to hang the blame on Hartigan.

Keath is injured who would you have picked instead of Hartigan to play KPD with Talia against Essendon's big forward line?

If we went in with a smaller back 6 we would have had a much bigger loss last night .

We were 20 points up at three quarter time last night, our midfield let them have repeat inside 50 entries in Q4, Essendon had the ball inside their half for 70% of the last quarter. Essendon had a huge amount of inside 50's, pretty hard being a key defender under those circumstances. Obviously our defence were beaten in the last quarter, but our midfield failed, which resulted in too many forward entries for Essendon. Tough to hang the blame on Hartigan.

Keath is injured who would you have picked instead of Hartigan to play KPD with Talia against Essendon's big forward line?
Round 2 match ups, where are they. Go away until you put the work in you did for the pointless comparison of the round 1 game. Like you, I can't be "arsed" reading through your crap if you can't have a legit conversation.

People who barely watch us are suddenly the greatest experts on our players?

The idiocy of this deserves special recognition :thumbsu:

Well clearly they know their own players and can see a weakness every week, and it's Hartigan. Like you said we aren't going to agree.

Same. Talia looks like he’s running in quicksand.
'Apparently' Talia was sick this week.

I'm aware that this does seem to happen an awful lot. Crows player performs awfully - then suddenly it emerges they had a mystery illness/injury. Perhaps he's been sick for 12 months?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm aware that this does seem to happen an awful lot. Crows player performs awfully - then suddenly it emerges they had a mystery illness/injury. Perhaps he's been sick for 12 months?
Maybe the cat should take him to the doc.

Could actually be true. Was called as being a late omission but fronted up so possible sickness this week, but has looked slow to me since blowing up after chasing Buddy.

Irrational because it's different to your opinion? Why is it irrational to drop Hartigan? Is he un droppable? Is he a superstar?
Irrational because it will weaken our side... but I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You need to ask yourself a question, why does just about every other Crows supporter disagree with you... Perhaps because you are being irrational. ;)

Where's the round 2 match ups?

Round 2 back 6 for me is;

Kelly, Talia, Brown
Laird, Hartigan, Doedee

Keath is injured who would you have picked instead of Hartigan to play KPD with Talia against Essendon's big forward line last night?

Look, Hartigan had a shocker the other night but let’s not act like he hasn’t deserved a spot.

With Keath injured he was an absolute lock for the 2nd key defender. Could have gone with Otten yes, but Hartigan was a consistent presence in the back 6 last year and did more then enough that year to warrant a place in RD 1.

I opt to slowly work him out of the team for Keath when he’a fit as Hartigan doesn’t do much for us offensively and we already have Talia who owns that role in the team. Hartigan is a necasary evil for now however he’s a good enough squad player and I don’t mind seeing him in the team if required.

LOL. What knowledge and insult. Stop already, I told you, the first cookie convinced me Hartigan is a star. You're a genius . If only I had been offered a cookie earlier I would have seen how good he really is and would have seen through all his failed spoil attempts while his opponents take chest marks, and all the times he allows the ball over the back, all the times he takes 30 seconds to kick it sideways and do nothing but slow us down. You win, your superior cookie knowledge has convinced me . Hartigan IS undroppable.

I am a genius, and a great baker

Have a cookie

What you lack in football insight you more than make up for with cookies, I will give you that.
t3pYCn.jpg

I feel dumber for reading this.

Go back to the main board where opposition fans (who are probably laughing at you behind your back instead of to your face like in here) can cuddle you and tell you that you're right, Hartigan is a spud and never deserves to play AFL ever again.

We'd be 0-22 with your suggestions on defensive structure. I really wonder if some people actually watch AFL and understand how teams work instead of watching it specifically to pick out "oh noes Hartigan did a whoopsie! Time to change our entire back 6 despite it working well enough to get us into a GF last year because I hate Hartigan!"

No, I don't blindly call for so called whipping boys to be dropped and constantly overreact at every possible opportunity. Nor do I create stupid threads.

Ironic that you've also pointed to an example at wanting a player dropped as a point of argument to bring somebody down. Maybe you should look in your own unkempt backyard.

Nicely formed, concise comeback though. From somebody who cries at 'personal attacks' :)

Back