Time for Sloane to be captain if he wants it?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tex had half the genuine mongrel the Fog has his presence and leadership would filter down the field..
Not hard enough to make the moments count.
Far too many times tex was seen and noticed walking head down back to position after opo goals when he could've been up the ground encouraging the team especially the young blokes when we had a few missing.

Get the FOG fit and roaming the half forward/flanks this kid has get the f#@k out of my way written all over him and will be captain before long.

Why not let the players decide who their captain is?
f66bd2e707105d883dd728b3dc92453e

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking from the outside, i reckon that Tex is one of the best Captains i've seen in the AFL/SANFL and I think in our current situation that the Club should not wait until later in the year for the players to have their say but rather that the AFC should immediately re-appoint Tex as Captain for next season ....... and maybe that's one scoop we could even leak to cockRoach

I cant stand how having a beer is made out to be such a big deal these days for a sporting identity.

Isnt Calton Draught an AFL Sponsor?

What is worse, having a beer or having a coke with 43 grams of sugar in a single can? Coca Cola sponsor 13 of the AFL clubs. Or a couple of Maccas burgers? 5 clubs are sponsored by Maccas.

Actually 15 clubs are sponsored by alcohol companies and all AFL clubs have at least one unhealthy sponsor.
Adelaide has the 4th most unhealthy list of sponsors in the AFL.

Its an interesting article: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1753-6405.12820

Just the other side I saw a fire truck carrying around a bunch of guys with music and dancing and everyone was clapping and cheering them. Turns out it was the Cuiaba soccer team here in Brazil who were just promoted to division 2. They ALL had beers in their hands and then 3 days later I went and watched a semi final match between Cuiaba and another team.

Sometimes I think in Australia we look way to damn hard for something to whinge about and make a big deal about. Its like we search for it. The preseason camp is one of these things. Its an angle to work in the media, its something easily blown up.

I was made to sit alone in an unheated hallway for hours during winter at school if I was a bad kid. I could hear the other kids having fun. I was made to pick up rubbish during my lunch break WITHOUT GLOVES!!! Or sit doing my work while the other kids got to play sports because they had finished their work already. I had to watch them have fun while I did maths... If I forgot my lunch, I just went hungry for a whole 6.5 hour school day. Absolute torture OMG what a world...These days that is some kind of child neglect!

Personally I would love it if Tex was the kind of captain who promoted responsible drinking, taught teens these days you can actually have a social 3 or 4 beers, you dont have to drink 15 and get maggoted...

Funny, leadership used to be about who was the best leader, not best player.

The only thing Sloane will bring to the role that Tex at present cant, is good media PR.

But if the club starts prioritising that it will be a sad day.

Tex is our man until he cannot lead. Not because Victorian media try to run our club for us.

Funny, leadership used to be about who was the best leader, not best player.

The only thing Sloane will bring to the role that Tex at present cant, is good media PR.

But if the club starts prioritising that it will be a sad day.

Tex is our man until he cannot lead. Not because Victorian media try to run our club for us.

One slight correction if I am allowed, it not just the Vic media, SA media has been front and center in particular 2 SA media people.

Tex is not responsible for the Collective Mindlessness stuff-up. Why mention it here?
What he might/not have said to Walsh in late 2014 or early 2015 is also irrelevant.

The negative posters in here seem to have forgotten that Walker was voted AFLPA Best Captain 2016/17 ie by his peers.
OK, Tex has had a poor year in 2018 after little-to-no pre-season, then playing injured and unfit, taken out for a mini-pre-season then brought back at least a week too early. That was not his fault. The coaches wanted him back for a hopeful, last-gasp attempt for a win that might have got us into the Top 8 (probably to make up the numbers like Geelong and Sydney did and the Top 6 teams are still in it). We were not Top 6 this year, but I wouldn't blame Tex for that.

All of our speculations won't make any difference, even if it's interesting to discuss.
The players and Pyke will decide who they want for Captain. I reckon that'll be Tex again, well, if he wants to do it.
P.S. I enjoyed the little parable about The Wisdom of SolomonPyke by Samcro24 ---
Pyke asked the team who should be captain.

So then Pyke declared Tex captain, as only the true leader of the AFC would rather give it to another than to see it tainted by the bullshit that is co captaincy. Here endeth the lesson.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

If Tex had half the genuine mongrel the Fog has his presence and leadership would filter down the field..
Not hard enough to make the moments count.
Far too many times tex was seen and noticed walking head down back to position after opo goals when he could've been up the ground encouraging the team especially the young blokes when we had a few missing.

Get the FOG fit and roaming the half forward/flanks this kid has get the f#@k out of my way written all over him and will be captain before long.
Yeah, He's like a young Tex.. Just smaller.

Just the other side I saw a fire truck carrying around a bunch of guys with music and dancing and everyone was clapping and cheering them. Turns out it was the Cuiaba soccer team here in Brazil who were just promoted to division 2. They ALL had beers in their hands and then 3 days later I went and watched a semi final match between Cuiaba and another team.

Sometimes I think in Australia we look way to damn hard for something to whinge about and make a big deal about. Its like we search for it. The preseason camp is one of these things. Its an angle to work in the media, its something easily blown up.

I've had some of my best games of ammo footy while nursing massive hangovers with no sleep. I'm not saying i condone it for a professional footy team.... but you're right, the wowsers (read media) will always find something to crucify players with. The horror!

I've never understood the Sloane over Tex argument. Sloane fads out of same games as much as Tex does. He can't handle a tag.

I think there are some small queries over Tex and the leadership group as a whole though, due to their lack of knowledge about players like McGovern (and probably others) having issues with the club. I don't think the strong leadership style suits some players.

Insulting to compare the output of Sloane to Walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back