History Time for some ANZAC 'honesty' - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tell me more about your life as a dickhead.
I know you didn't actually mean it, but sure:

Joined army out of school.
Got married at 21 (11 year anniversary was last week - just a quiet one in).
Fostered an intellectually disabled girl for several years before she turned 17 and went into independent living - plan to foster again later.
Decided to go to uni and study to be a teacher a few years ago, so transferred to the reserves and work about a .5 load while studying full time. GPA is well into the 6s.
Have a beautiful daughter who is 18 months old - hopefully draft pick #1 for Carlton in 2033 or thereabouts.
Now sitting here on a Sunday evening reading a self-righteous twat's derogatory posts about people based on what seems like nothing of note. Good times.

I know you didn't actually mean it, but sure:

Joined army out of school.
Got married at 21 (11 year anniversary was last week - just a quiet one in).
Fostered an intellectually disabled girl for several years before she turned 17 and went into independent living - plan to foster again later.
Decided to go to uni and study to be a teacher a few years ago, so transferred to the reserves and work about a .5 load while studying full time. GPA is well into the 6s.
Have a beautiful daughter who is 18 months old - hopefully draft pick #1 for Carlton in 2033 or thereabouts.
Now sitting here on a Sunday evening reading a self-righteous twat's derogatory posts about people based on what seems like nothing of note. Good times.

Nice to meet you too officer.

It might be you are the exception that proves the rule. Or your incredibly thin skin might out you as reinforcing exactly what i said.

Either way. I hope you have got more enjoyment out of this discussion than i have.

Nice to meet you too officer.

It might be you are the exception that proves the rule. Or your incredibly thin skin might out you as reinforcing exactly what i said.

Either way. I hope you have got more enjoyment out of this discussion than i have.
I admire someone happy to go down swinging, but you're way off the mark again.

My hope is that you mature enough to be rid of your jaded catch-all beliefs before you grow too old and bitter to change. :thumbsu:

I admire someone happy to go down swinging, but you're way off the mark again.

My hope is that you mature enough to be rid of your jaded catch-all beliefs before you grow too old and bitter to change. :thumbsu:

I look forward to the day when the vast majority of the soldiers and recently retired soldiers (admittedly the ones im referring to are a bit younger than your age group) aren't racist violent nationalists. But i hold little hope.

View attachment 314941
Those damn non western arms suppliers

1888 - (19th) american president Rutherford Hayes:

The real difficulty is with the vast wealth and power in the hands of the few and the unscrupulous who represent or control capital.
Hundreds of laws of Congress and the state legislatures are in the interest of these men and against the interests of workingmen. These need to be exposed and repealed. All laws on corporations, on taxation, on trusts, wills, descent, and the like, need examination and extensive change. This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer. It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations. — How is this?

I look forward to the day when the vast majority of the soldiers and recently retired soldiers (admittedly the ones im referring to are a bit younger than your age group) aren't racist violent nationalists. But i hold little hope.
A better outcome would be to address the real issue here, over which those in the armed forces have no control - being sent by politicians who are in lockstep with a meddling super power, which doesn't give a **** about Australia, to wars in which we have no business being involved. Is it any wonder some come home ****ed in the head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My step brother is ex Duntroon, and the biggest legacy of his time in service is a monster drinking problem which has cost him two marriages, and is about to relieve him of his driver's license for a good few years.

Apart from a lot of poor behavioral issues in defense organisations which have come to light over the years, its a pretty stressful job. Being sent to war for political purposes is criminal. The damage it causes is terrible for the individual, families & communities.
The best advertisement for peace is to talk to guys who've actually been at the sharp end.

The army trains people to be dickheads. Its part of the culture particularly in the RAI.

Most current and recent serving soldiers are some of the shittest blokes you'll meet.

But really, why don't you explain why you like Anzac day so much? Try and win a few lefties over with that famous logic and reason you conservatives are so well known for.

Know a lot of us do you?

Most current and recent serving soldiers are just run of the mill people doing their job. But hey, slander the ADF with impunity if that gets your rocks off.

Know a lot of us do you?

Most current and recent serving soldiers are just run of the mill people doing their job. But hey, slander the ADF with impunity if that gets your rocks off.

Its not slander precious.

* for soldiers you blokes are some of the softest people getting around.

Asked the crybaby ironically...

Hardly crying "digger". Just pointing out that its kind of funny that babykillers get so upset so easily over a few words posted on a footy forum.

Like i said, most defence types are dickheads

Hardly crying "digger". Just pointing out that its kind of funny that babykillers get so upset so easily over a few words posted on a footy forum.

Like i said, most defence types are dickheads
Well and truly proven yourself a rubbish troll and even worse person. Well done.

You melted down pretty hard over a couple of posts from douglyzia :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back