News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Christmas Island
It doesn't need to be Christmas Island. If you can maintain quarantine there you can do the same in one of the capital cities.

I don't think there is an international airport on the island so there would have to be transfers made to and from the island which just increases the chances of getting the virus spread.

The only real problem has been the guards in Victoria doing the wrong thing. If they tighten this up, then it should be OK.

It doesn't need to be Christmas Island. If you can maintain quarantine there you can do the same in one of the capital cities.

I don't think there is an international airport on the island so there would have to be transfers made to and from the island which just increases the chances of getting the virus spread.

The only real problem has been the guards in Victoria doing the wrong thing. If they tighten this up, then it should be OK.

In Melbourne, take over the hotels at the airport. With few flights coming in and out, close the few access roads and carefully monitor quarantine at source. Harder for people to sneak out as it's a long way from anywhere.

In Melbourne, take over the hotels at the airport. With few flights coming in and out, close the few access roads and carefully monitor quarantine at source. Harder for people to sneak out as it's a long way from anywhere.

Quarantine them at Meekatharra, its got a runway suitable for Jumbo aircraft.

Lots of surplus Dongas available in the area.

Looking at the case numbers and clusters today, I think we’re about 3-4 days away from a “Time for the NSW based teams to leave NSW” thread 👀
Good we cannot play for s**t at giants stadium

"She said the AFL was looking to book hundreds of hotel rooms over the next two months in a boon for the accommodation sector, but she said the health of Queenslanders would be paramount."

Players who already took families sitting pretty right now - Cant take them to Perth though. But once quarantine is over the gold coast theme parks etc are open

Players who already took families sitting pretty right now - Cant take them to Perth though. But once quarantine is over the gold coast theme parks etc are open
Are families allowed to do that? How does that fit into the AFL protocols? Are the players allowed to go as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are families allowed to do that? How does that fit into the AFL protocols? Are the players allowed to go as well?

Im thinking along the lines of nine weeks in queensland, and reports hundreds of hotel rooms being booked. surely if the theme parks are open, its a safe environment. Maybe they could have a day just for AFL families?
But truth is, I don't really know. But keeping the AFL people separate just for 'optics' sounds a bit over the top.

but of course things change on a daily basis

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the Bulldogs took every single child as well as their partners for those who have young children. Although it sucks being away from home for an extended period of time, I'd much prefer to be on the GC for the foreseeable future given Melbourne's lockdown. They always have the option of heading home if feel they can no longer live out of a hotel room.

Brisbane going to laugh their way all the way to a home GF.

They're looking good.

Like us, they get to stay in their own beds while oppo are in hotels/hubs etc.

I could live with a GF at the Gabba, I just hope it is during the day.

Playing at the Gabba last year didn't help them in Finals and probably will be less an advantage this season with the majority of teams being based in Qld for rest of the season.

I think what hurt them in finals was their style.

In 2019 Brisbane was 18th for using the corridor, and scored majority of their goals from stoppages, rather than turnovers.

Also - Big forwards win big games, and Brisbane had an over reliance on Cameron, who was playing from the goal square like an undersized key forward and this got exposed in finals against Richmond and GWS.

That isn't really the profile of a team that can win in September (or October for that matter).

I think they have done really well to implement a style and brand of footy that will stack up.

Personally I think Brisbane are now favourites for the flag, followed by West Coast and then Port Adelaide.

Once the two weeks are up, all rules applying to QLD club players will apply to VIC club players too. The same rules that applied to VIC club players in VIC before they moved. If the AFL allows for theme parks, then yes they can. The families were pretty free to do as they pleased from memory. Having the parks open just for the AFL on a Tuesday/Wednesday may be an interesting thought exercise.

"She said the AFL was looking to book hundreds of hotel rooms over the next two months in a boon for the accommodation sector, but she said the health of Queenslanders would be paramount."

I get Annastacia's positioning this as a win for her own state because after all they're the people that vote her into power but I can't stand her. "We're saving those poor soles and giving them something to watch".

I'd prefer the rest of the country help with saving lives right now than playing political games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back