News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have missed the Queenslander worried about his state, all I see is WA people trying to take pot shots.

If you actually go back to my original post all I said was to those acting like someone getting their nails done was the end of the world was actually not when you have people down here going to work after being tested positive and going to the shops after getting tested.

You go ahead and tell me how the former is as bad as the latter though and tell me again how I am losing against these morons.

Not saying either is as bad as the other. But no one likes someone who "one ups" another, and to be fair, all covid cases start with some innocent act that gives one other person the disease, and on and on you go until 700 people a day get it. That's how it works.

They have been let into Queensland because it is giving the Qld economy a kick, it is all about money

No it's because of Pauline Hanson threatening to take the Queensland government to court.

Now we are seeing Clive Palmer doing the same thing except with WA.

You are 0-2 and you want to go again?

We have 800+ age care positive cases right now and likely very few of them survive, the fact you are jumping up and down about what a footballer's partner is doing or a grandparent taking their grandchildren to a holiday park expecting anyone from Victoria to care right now is laughable.

All you are doing is revealing yourself to be a pathetic human being.
Haha if I'm keeping score im actually 10-0 up over you at the moment. you've just shown yourself to be incapable of understanding how selfish some WAGs are being. The problem is you ONLY care about Victoria, which shows from your half assed attitude about the virus. The QLD government cares, the AFL cares. Not everything's about your state.

Why are hair salons and dreamworld? Open then if they aren't deemed safe by the Qld government?
They are open because Queensland has had no community spread for 103 days so locals and visitors from some states can do all of those things. Queensland has stopped Victorians travelling to Queensland because of the high level of infections in Victoria. They agreed to let AFL teams from Victoria and their families come to Queensland with strict rules and protocols to be followed. If they aren't then a WAG from Victoria visiting a beauty salon is a significant risk at the moment.

Haha if I'm keeping score im actually 10-0 up over you at the moment. you've just shown yourself to be incapable of understanding how selfish some WAGs are being. The problem is you ONLY care about Victoria, which shows from your half assed attitude about the virus. The QLD government cares, the AFL cares. Not everything's about your state.
All up in arms over a hair salon visit but no care in the world about hundreds dying in Victoria.

I think that says enough about you as a person for me to say I'm out, have a nice life.

They are open because Queensland has had no community spread for 103 days so locals and visitors from some states can do all of those things. Queensland has stopped Victorians travelling to Queensland because of the high level of infections in Victoria. They agreed to let AFL teams from Victoria and their families come to Queensland with strict rules and protocols to be followed. If they aren't then a WAG from Victoria visiting a beauty salon is a significant risk at the moment.
If it was mrs cotchln then yes, everyone else has been up there for near a month now and is not a risk to the Qld public, it actually makes no sense for them to be still under lockdown.

All up in arms over a hair salon visit but no care in the world about hundreds dying in Victoria.

I think that says enough about you as a person for me to say I'm out, have a nice life.
Oh shut up, you're putting words in my mouth to suit your narrative. Its horrible what's happening in Victoria and not once have I said otherwise. You've been absolutely schooled by everyone in this thread, you haven't made a single good point and you just go back to "poooooor old victoria, how can you be such a shitty person". You come across as a teenage girl that's just been dumped. Grow a pair, get over it, not everything is about Victoria.

If it was mrs cotchln then yes, everyone else has been up there for near a month now and is not a risk to the Qld public, it actually makes no sense for them to be still under lockdown.
FFS. They're only in the state on an exemption, are you so stupid you cant comprehend that? Lockdown doesn't matter, they're only in the state because the qld government allowed it. Not following the correct protocols should have had the people booted out of the state.

Genuine question, why did the AFL not bite the bullet and just accept some byes and move the whole competition to WA, SA and NT? These States and Teritory have had the lowest infections since the beginning and Queensland was always at risk as the movement of people up and down the east coast is a lot greater than the movement of people east-west.

Just seems a strange decision that is at risk of backfiring badly.

Hindsight of course is a wonderful thing but the Queensland decision must have had some benefits I can't see

Genuine question, why did the AFL not bite the bullet and just accept some byes and move the whole competition to WA, SA and NT? These States and Teritory have had the lowest infections since the beginning and Queensland was always at risk as the movement of people up and down the east coast is a lot greater than the movement of people east-west.

Hindsight of course is a wonderful thing but the Queensland decision must have had some benefits I can't see

The AFL will never cede any power or influence to SA and WA even if it means greater risk of shutting down the competition.

The whole thing is bizarre. It would be like the NRL overlooking a hub in QLD.

Theres no free movement between WA and SA/NT Ok if games are every 2 weeks

Theres no free movement between WA and SA/NT Ok if games are every 2 weeks
It's only entering WA where there is a restriction, from NT and WA it's free movement into SA.

But as David Bondo said above, I think it is unfortunately just a SA/WA/Vic control thing and has nothing to do with logical. The AFL's reluctance to allow for a SA or WA hub could end up costing the league significant $$.

Even having players housed on the Gold Coast would be costing the league far more $ than if they were in a hub in Adelaide purely based on the cost of housing and provisions being more expensive on the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only entering WA where there is a restriction, from NT and WA it's free movement into SA.

But as David Bondo said above, I think it is unfortunately just a SA/WA/Vic control thing and has nothing to do with logical. The AFL's reluctance to allow for a SA or WA hub could end up costing the league significant $$.

Even having players housed on the Gold Coast would be costing the league far more $ than if they were in a hub in Adelaide purely based on the cost of housing and provisions being more expensive on the Gold Coast.

for the first 'hub' WA and SA had significant barriers to there being a hub there (but now those states are CV19 free so its worked well for them)

Maybe the AFL built a working partnership with queensland and felt much more comfortable with Vic teams there. both QLD and NSW have multiple stadium options too. I dont think it was any more complex than that. And accommodation would have been competitive in price.

Oh shut up, you're putting words in my mouth to suit your narrative. Its horrible what's happening in Victoria and not once have I said otherwise. You've been absolutely schooled by everyone in this thread, you haven't made a single good point and you just go back to "poooooor old victoria, how can you be such a shitty person". You come across as a teenage girl that's just been dumped. Grow a pair, get over it, not everything is about Victoria.

How many posts have you made now sooking about what a WAG is doing in QLD? 100+, How many have you made on those infected people not remaining isolated? 0. I am not putting words into your mouth mate, I am using the evidence you yourself have provided me and it's clear as day you are only here to push an anti-vic agenda and don't give two shits about this virus or the effect it is having.

Now this is the 3rd? 4th? maybe even 5th time you have had to quote my conversation with someone else to interject yourself back into a conversation you had already lost, just give it a rest already you are embarrassing yourself.

You are 0-2 and you want to go again?

We have 800+ age care positive cases right now and likely very few of them survive, the fact you are jumping up and down about what a footballer's partner is doing or a grandparent taking their grandchildren to a holiday park expecting anyone from Victoria to care right now is laughable.

All you are doing is revealing yourself to be a pathetic human being.
Jesus H Christ, what a fk selfish POS you are, can't begin to imagine how many Carlton supporters dont agree with your stupid attitude, your an embarrassment to yourself and the club you support.
Sticking this guy on ignore, he's the epitome of an oxygen thief.

Jesus H Christ, what a fk selfish POS you are, can't begin to imagine how many Carlton supporters dont agree with your stupid attitude, your an embarrassment to yourself and the club you support.
Sticking this guy on ignore, he's the epitome of an oxygen thief.
Good riddance, take your sooking with you

Rd 13 announced:

Friday, August 21
Gold Coast v Carlton, TIO Stadium, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, August 22
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Port Adelaide v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval (FOX) 4.05pm ACST

Essendon v Richmond, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST

Fremantle v Sydney, Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST

Sunday, August 23
Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 12.35pm ACST

Brisbane v St Kilda, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST