News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

The fixture has to be redrawn because Richmond couldn't go to Queensland to play West Coast. New fixture has St Kilda going to Queensland to play Freo??? Have the rules now changed, or doesn't this make sense?
Freo would be leaving to go back to WA afterwards, no need to stay in Qld and continue to quarantine

Freo would be leaving to go back to WA afterwards, no need to stay in Qld and continue to quarantine
They are not allowed into WA without quarantine after being in contact with quarantining Victorians

can someone explain why St Kilda can travel to Brisbane without quarantine? In WA quarantining teams can play each other, but St Kilda vs Freo??? Is there an exemption from the Qld government? Thanks!
The QLD government has given the AFL exemptions. It’s what made the 11th hour switch to so many games and teams in Queensland

I mean I could be wrong! But that's what I think will happen.

After the current QLD and NSW hubs have played each other, they'll probably relocate to the other state and finish up the season there.

Which means no games in Vic, WA or SA until finals.
St Kilda are in SA in just over 2 weeks

I'd absolutely go watch an interstate team play another interstate team at Optus.
Pick a team I hate less than the other and cheer em on like they were the eagles.
I'd like to think the west australian people would get around the AFL and support the teams over here to make the Hub a success both as a spectacle and financially.

The way you West Australian’s reliably attend NBL games is evidence you’re starved for quality live sport over there.

QLD government has given the AFL exemptions. It’s what made the 11th hour switch to so many games and teams in Queensland
I thought they had exemptions to play each other though? Why change this round then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then I stand corrected!
They must be going to Qld before Monday then. I'm just surprised they can play Freo.

20 odd thousand at Adelaide oval will be nice for them though

Fremantle won't be returning to Perth. They now have six Victorian teams + 2 Sydney teams in Queensland to play.

Round 7 fixture has them back in Perth against the Eagles.

Vic teams will need to come to Perth and quarantine.

WA clubs have done their bit.

Round 7 fixture has them back in Perth against the Eagles.

Vic teams will need to come to Perth and quarantine.

WA clubs have done their bit.
Won't freo have to quarantine after playing St Kilda in quarantine?

I thought they had exemptions to play each other though? Why change this round then?
They changed this round because of the restrictions, but then our premier made extra exemptions to get the 6 teams and 6 vic games here. Basically just a power move by her that’s worked out 😂

Round 6 and 7 Fixture is crook. I love it, so unique. Would rather see Collingwood vs Hawthorn with some fans allowed than at an empty MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back