News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

These hubs will work for now, but if Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth see a similar outbreak to what Melbourne is experiencing now (which is far from unlikely) then it could all turn to sh*t very quickly.

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen, for more reasons than just the continuation of the AFL season.
It's actually highly unlikely considering our residents don't seem to have flouted the rules as much as those in Victoria.

It's actually highly unlikely considering our residents don't seem to have flouted the rules as much as those in Victoria.
Yeah I wouldn't be assuming that, there are stupid people in every city and it doesn't take much for an outbreak to occur. 2 weeks ago I would have said it was highly unlikely that Victoria would be experiencing what we are now rather than, say, NSW.

These hubs will work for now, but if Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth see a similar outbreak to what Melbourne is experiencing now (which is far from unlikely) then it could all turn to sh*t very quickly.

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen, for more reasons than just the continuation of the AFL season.

as far as movement between NSW and Qld which this strategy depends on, either government would also be stuffing up NRL, and I'm not sure they'd do that politically

Over time we might see any payback either way which has been included

Round 7 being the derby at Optus also means the end of Freo's away run.

Has there been a longer gap in AFL history between a coach's debut game and their debut home game?
In terms of time, probably not. In terms of games, in 2018 Stewie Dew didn't get to coach at Metricon until his 10th match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I wouldn't be assuming that, there are stupid people in every city and it doesn't take much for an outbreak to occur. 2 weeks ago I would have said it was highly unlikely that Victoria would be experiencing what we are now rather than, say, NSW.

Western Australia, unlike NSW, has been without a single community transmission case for weeks.

As long as the quarantined hotel cases are properly dealt with (unlike the clusterf*** that we are hearing from Victoria), then I think stage 5 will arrive as anticipated later this month ie everything normal except travel outside WA.

#qldbias

Richmond based on the Gold Coast, we already have 3 Gold Coast players. All we need now is majority night matches on wet dewy grounds and we will be set.

#qldbias

Richmond based on the Gold Coast, we already have 3 Gold Coast players. All we need now is majority night matches on wet dewy grounds and we will be set.

Also havent lost at the Gabba for over 15 years or something. Definitely Tigers benefiting from #qldbias

Wondering if Dan Andrews has been in Gil's ear about a looming statewide lockdown, which wouldve effectively ended the season, giving them a chance to GTFO while they still can.

All 10 AFL clubs relocated, Melbourne Storm relocated and I'm assuming Victory and City are playing out of NSW?

I think the afl should just call it a day for 2020 unfortunately.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back