News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally. Unfortunately many people go to those events because they think it's a "scene" and want to display their woke bonafides.

‘yes but are they really people,who come from those public housing blocks, or party with them.

the timing for incubation is wrong

the authorities say there is little connection

posters in here trying to make some moral connection with diseasetransmission are wasting their time and everyone else’s.

we have 6 weeks of ‘lockdown’ in metro Melbourne much like last time with a major exception

being outside not in large congregations is perfectly OK, so long as you don’t exit the lockdown area. It’s simply low risk. We know that now

Watching AFL 360 with Treloar and Riewoldt talking about starting life in a hub - anyone would think these campaigners are marching off to war. Somone want to tell these princesses that 4 other clubs have been through the process and didnt need 100 questions and a media bath of sympathy?
Don’t believe these players asked for sympathy. They were purely on the show because they get paid for their apppearances. Sounds like their responses rankled you?

Don’t believe these players asked for sympathy. They were purely on the show because they get paid for their apppearances. Sounds like their responses rankled you?

I think there has been a huge difference in terms of ability to understand the sacrifices players made.

West Coast players have been hit from pillar to post for expressing the difficulty of leaving their kids and partners at home without any certainty on the time frame and conditions in which they return home.

In comparison, the way the media has treated the players at Vic clubs leaving like heroes going off to war underscores the differences in the way those two cohorts have been covered in the media.

The empathy gap between how the two cohorts were treated really was quite astounding

I think there has been a huge difference in terms of ability to understand the sacrifices players made.

West Coast players have been hit from pillar to post for expressing the difficulty of leaving their kids and partners at home without any certainty on the time frame and conditions in which they return home.

In comparison, the way the media has treated the players at Vic clubs leaving like heroes going off to war underscores the differences in the way those two cohorts have been covered in the media.

The empathy gap between how the two cohorts were treated really was quite astounding

Well actually they havent. Unless you made a point search out every slightly negative comment. your 'woke war' with Richmond is doing neither club any favours

There’s been no sense of that on this forum.

In fact, all I’ve read on the last few pages of this thread in relation to Riewoldt and Treloar have been negative toward their attitude.

As for the media, I saw last night on 360 the acknowledgment by the hosts that it would be hard. Just as they acknowledged it when the original hub took place. Sure there’s outliers at both time’s (Kornes calling hub one players entitled and soft and Dermie questioning players this week) but these guys are paid to have opinions that are heard.

Well actually they havent. Unless you made a point search out every slightly negative comment. your 'woke war' with Richmond is doing neither club any favours

Can you explain what you mean by this, I genuinely don't understand what you are trying to get at.

In fact, all I’ve read on the last few pages of this thread in relation to Riewoldt and Treloar have been negative toward their attitude.

As for the media, I saw last night on 360 the acknowledgment by the hosts that it would be hard. Just as they acknowledged it when the original hub took place. Sure there’s outliers at both time’s (Kornes calling hub one players entitled and soft and Dermie questioning players this week) but these guys are paid to have opinions that are heard.

On monday Robbocop said he didnt think viewers were interested in the trivia of hubbing and quickly moved on to his regular scripted rant which is the most turn off able moments on fox footy.

Actually Robbocop we are more interested in (hub life) than you and whatever fake monday outrage you have chosen

But people's opinion in the media appears largely shaped by which team they are talking about:

Here is an example of media reports early on when West Coast arrived on the Gold Coast. You'll see there is a complete lack of care or empathy. The general tone is "Well, yeah it's unfair, but don't crack the sads about it"

I anticipate many Victorian clubs having similar issues on field that West Coast had. I'll be interested to revisit the issue with you next week and we can see what the media response to clubs struggling to deal with the circumstances they confront.

But people's opinion in the media appears largely shaped by which team they are talking about:

Here is an example of media reports early on when West Coast arrived on the Gold Coast. You'll see there is a complete lack of care or empathy. The general tone is "Well, yeah it's unfair, but don't crack the sads about it"

I anticipate many Victorian clubs having similar issues on field that West Coast had. I'll be interested to revisit the issue with you next week and we can see what the media response to clubs struggling to deal with the circumstances they confront.
Media are drumming up outrage. WA and SA teams the guinea pigs. Way it looks now it's hubs for the rest of the year or year is cancelled. Possible for 2021

the teams who won the last three flags being canned in media for exactly the same thing(s) which are uncommented on for other clubs?

That the tall poppy sindrome in action. If WCE and Richmond posters buy into it, it will continue.

Especially now their return is unknown.
Lucky AFL got those Vic teams out on Monday.
If they had of dithered any longer their would be no season, with Melbourne locked down for 6 weeks.

The sooner the AFL grows some balls and hubs all teams in one state, with AFL ready grounds ie QLD, has Gabba,Metricon and Cazalys ready to go With fans.
Allow families to quarantine then join players in apartments to normalise family life.
Do their 5 day turnarounds to condense time away.

Then reassess a few weeks out from finals.

No way Vic will host finals this year.
Once out of lockdown in Vic they have to Stage out.

Simple risk management for the AFL to continue this season.

Just do it AFL.

If the lockdown in Vic continues the question will be......Will the AFL cancel finals because the GF cannot be held at the "G". Nothing would surprise me at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with your sentiment.

However if Richmond or Collingwood don’t perform in the next four weeks, I’d expect similar commentary on them. There’s already been questions on richmonds leadership in the media over the last few weeks. I wouldn’t imagine that is going to abate.

If they had of dithered any longer their would be no season, with Melbourne locked down for 6 weeks.

The sooner the AFL grows some balls and hubs all teams in one state, with AFL ready grounds ie QLD, has Gabba,Metricon and Cazalys ready to go With fans.
Allow families to quarantine then join players in apartments to normalise family life.

Just do it AFL.

Telling them to do what they are already doing? I hear families are already in apartments. Once WA allows FIFO to states except VIC it will be as normal, but Vic clubs are spread across the four NSW QLD grounds.
In a few weeks it will feel like home to most clubs, and the season will continue

Agree with your sentiment.

However if Richmond or Collingwood don’t perform in the next four weeks, I’d expect similar commentary on them. There’s already been questions on richmonds leadership in the media over the last few weeks. I wouldn’t imagine that is going to abate.

Already have significant personell issues, injuries, suspensions etc

Telling them to do what they are already doing? I hear families are already in apartments. Once WA allows FIFO to states except VIC it will be as normal, but Vic clubs are spread across the four NSW QLD grounds.
In a few weeks it will feel like home to most clubs, and the season will continue
NSW cases are increasing as is community spread there.

The reason for closed borders at this time has always been about community transmission.

If they hub in QLD, it decreases state border issues.Travel costs are cut.
The only state that has 3 AFL grounds already used in fixtures.

NSW cases are increasing as is community spread there.

The reason for closed borders at this time has always been about community transmission.

If they hub in QLD, it decreases state border issues.Travel costs are cut.
The only state that has 3 AFL grounds already used in fixtures.

QLD and NSW won't ban AFL teams moving between because theyd have to do the same for NRL, and they wont do that. Brilliant by the AFL under the circumstances.
By product is the WA and SA govts don't have the leverage they thought they had.

I dare say that without victorian tourism there woud be bargain accommodation to be had around queensland though. Sydney not so much
One problem is if they left Bris LIons and Gold coast there the entire season, it really would have been unfair. As it will work out theyll probably have 80% games based there. Going nicely under the radar it seems.

QLD and NSW won't ban AFL teams moving between because theyd have to do the same for NRL, and they wont do that. Brilliant by the AFL under the circumstances.
By product is the WA and SA govts don't have the leverage they thought they had.

I dare say that without victorian tourism there woud be bargain accommodation to be had around queensland though. Sydney not so much
One problem is if they left Bris LIons and Gold coast there the entire season, it really would have been unfair. As it will work out theyll probably have 80% games based there. Going nicely under the radar it seems.
And yet, that is the norm for some Vic based teams.

Qld is monitoring the comm7nity spread closely in NSW and will close the border if needed.
AFL need to ensure ALL players are safe in one bubble.

Just do it AFL.

Not every player has a trophy wife. Many would be stuck in Melbourne having to work. What will be worse is if they shut schools down and all of a sudden you're a single parent, working and trying to home school.

If the lockdown in Vic continues the question will be......Will the AFL cancel finals because the GF cannot be held at the "G". Nothing would surprise me at the moment.

They won't cancel it, they will simply start a bidding war between QLD/NSW/WA and bank the 50 million + gate receipts to recoup the cost of hubs.

You're comparing apples and oranges I think mate.
Jack and Adam are part of the 360 family :rolleyes:

I like both of them TBH though.
There is a difference for the Vic based players though with Victoria being placed in lockdown again.
Having said that, I thought Jack's general demeanor on the show was pretty disappointing.

Black Lives Matter was a protest against systemic racism, which is rife in Australia and kills Indigenous Australian and other people of colour.

Protesting was the exact opposite of selfish.
SELFISH DURING COVID STILL SELFISH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back