Time to ban live export once and for all

Remove this Banner Ad

Like you care.

You were on the greyhound thread a while ago advocating the stupidly cruel s**t those greyhound trainers were doing.
Are you still bitter about the thrashing I gave you over the natural training methods of greyhounds using pests?

Is the reason we go with live exports because it is cheaper than slaughtering meat in Aus and freezing it for the journey?

I would be very surprised if live exports is simply not basic economics.

A few dead animals is cheaper than slaughtering them in Aus and freezing them for a long ship journey.

I agree that animals shouldn’t be tortured by I believe this is the first step in your push for the total banning of all meat products.

So be it.

Have you seen those animals on the ships gasping for air? It doesn't just have to be torture, the condition many animals are kept in are heart-breaking to behold.

Their barbaric treatment at the end of the voyage for the sheep and cattle is just as bad. It's lose/lose for the animals.Anyone bagging that barbaric faith?

b1c0d7790ed1207832913a92b897b6bc60f6c202.jpg

b5a6d553606b9e10fa3ca2bb41e6b4bee352dbc1.png

Maybe so! But they also support the fruit loops from the Middle East and their tradition!

Gotta love those lefites

You saw what Julie Bishop was wearing on her head in Iran right? She displayed obedience and conformed by wearing a black hijab / headscarf in accordance with their religious law.

Terribly cruel but not worth destroying an industry over!

So what if it's the end of the industry Lebbo? It's not the end of the world it's just change.

This isn't worth it and a pox on the farmers anyway for sending their animals overseas to die on these ships or be beaten before having their throats cut in a strange land. It's so wrong, there's nothing right about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Wilkie is a dickhead. He’s already been found out in Parliament for asking stupid questions and taking too long to ask questions. He also said in 2003 that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and then back flipped and wanted John Howard criminally charged over the invasion!

Andrew Wilkie is a dickhead. He’s already been found out in Parliament for asking stupid questions and taking too long to ask questions. He also said in 2003 that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and then back flipped and wanted John Howard criminally charged over the invasion!
Even if true how does that have anything to do with live export in 2018?

I'm all for banning it. I dislike other nations enjoying our meat/products. Especially at the expense of the health of 1 sheep or more.

If it wasn't for the sake of a mere 10 or so companies that distribute Australian meat overseas. No one could have it and it would be all ours.

There is no need for live export.

Yes our labour is too expensive and yes some markets will close to Australia because it's not suitable for some religions. The compromise is slaughter in Oz, Quarter the carcass and have a qualified cleric or jew to pray, then cold ship and then butchered in the country of destination. Meat is best weeks and weeks after death, so essentially we are providing a better product.

If some markets close, so be it. It's time to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back