TIME to book GF flights ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Mrs wanted a dirty weekend away back in May so I booked 28th - 30th Sept in Melbourne. Used points to get business class fights at a ridiculously good deal at the time . Same with the hotel Walking distance to MCG. If Eagles are in the Granny its just icing on the cake .
Hope your missus actually likes football :)

So.. registered for ballot. Say I get lucky and score two tickets. Others have flights booked but no tickets. Is it possible for deals to be done? (Assuming we win net week). Which is the better option - to have the flights or the tickets but not both.

So.. registered for ballot. Say I get lucky and score two tickets. Others have flights booked but no tickets. Is it possible for deals to be done? (Assuming we win net week). Which is the better option - to have the flights or the tickets but not both.
Would rather have tickets and no flights.

There are other ways across the Nullabor

I’ve registered for ballot but didn’t realize had to register barcodes one by one. If by miracle we manage to get the four do we then get the chance to pick seats together? If there’s any left after everyone else picked over the carcass!! How much does it cost to upgrade to priority 1 next season does anyone know?

I’ve registered for ballot but didn’t realize had to register barcodes one by one. If by miracle we manage to get the four do we then get the chance to pick seats together? If there’s any left after everyone else picked over the carcass!! How much does it cost to upgrade to priority 1 next season does anyone know?
Umm... You didnt - you could put up to 8 barcodes in the box. Then on the final page, you select adult, kid or concession as matches each barcode, and then there's 1 transaction on your card. Not 4.

You don't get to chose seats, you get allocated them.

So if you registered and paid for them separately, and were lucky enough for all 4 to be successful - it'd be extremely unlikely they would be together. Though if they are standing tickets, that wouldn't be an issue.

Umm... You didnt - you could put up to 8 barcodes in the box. Then on the final page, you select adult, kid or concession as matches each barcode, and then there's 1 transaction on your card. Not 4.

You don't get to chose seats, you get allocated them.

So if you registered and paid for them separately, and were lucky enough for all 4 to be successful - it'd be extremely unlikely they would be together. Though if they are standing tickets, that wouldn't be an issue.
Oh bummer. I tried everything to put them in together but it kept telling me the barcodes were invalid. Oh well prob won’t get anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For next time: 1 barcode on each line (press enter between) in the one box.
Add on to what Oak79 said, the best method is to put all barcodes on a text file, one barcode on each line. Then copy and paste them onto the ticketek box. This will be easier as WCE email gave you all barcode with comma separation.
Also note: If you have problem in the registration process in MS Windows 7, 8 or 10, try using different browsers or try Android OS instead.

mayo4 the only consolation is that if you’re priority 2, it will be easier to get 4x solo tickets than it would’ve been to get 4x together

As for becoming priority 1 - the cheapest way would probably be to buy a Vic Platinum Membership (no waiting list either ).

Had sit up seats on the train in 05 . Didnt sleep for the 3 days it took. Paid extra for a sleeper on the way back. Sleeping on the train way to go. I dont recommend sitting.

Just checked now and it's cheaper to fly to Adelaide in GF week and then catch the Overlander train to Melbourne. Much less taxing too.

Would rather have tickets and no flights.

There are other ways across the Nullabor
Agreed.

Drove over in 05 and 06. Great experience if you can get the time of work. Drove from Canberra in 15 (only 6hrs drive) which is also easy.

Now I live 20 minutes walk from the G so will be a little more straight forward this year.

The key is always the tickets. Then transport, then accomodation.

Just checked now and it's cheaper to fly to Adelaide in GF week and then catch the Overlander train to Melbourne. Much less taxing too.

You should price up flying to Canberra and renting a car. Only a 6 hr drive from the nations capital and good roads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back