List Mgmt. Time to demand Reid and Co. to be sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Enough is enough.
Our list in is an untenable and totally unacceptable condition.
We are paying the wages of two players currently playing at other clubs.
We gave away two first round picks for Bryce Gibbs who we are now talking about paying out his contract. A decision which will cost us for five years.
We are also looking at losing our reigning B&F as a FA, which just continues the trend of anyone decent trying to get out of the hell hole that is The Adelaide Football Club.
We are unable to attract players to our club.
There is now massive questions about our drafting results over the last three years.
Ports list managers and recruiters crap all over Hamish and Reid, it's just not funny.
To top it off, we have the Worst list in the AFL and have cap issues. Let that sink in. Even the stupidist die hard, blue haired happy clapper here who are in part responsible for allowing this to happen by giving cover to the inept crew at AF would have to be demanding heads roll.
There has to be a price paid for this situation.
I demand that Justin Reid, Chappy and Roo be sacked or step down.
We need to bring in a real list Manager and someone to oversee Hamish at draft time.

Brad Crouch wants to stay.

We are pushing him out.

Correct on Gibbs though. Not a good look when his family and the Gibbs families are tight. Reid did his job to get Ma and Pa Gibbs boy out of Melbourne.

Our club paid for that.

Obvious by his on field attitude and Twitter posting he never wanted to leave Carlton.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And your thoughts on his other trades than just the Gibbs one? I assume you would have preferred matching the contracts the guys below were given?

Lever (4 years on 800k)
McGovern (4 years on 750k
CEY (4 years)
Keath (4 years on 750k)
Greenwood (4 years)
Jacobs (2 years)
Pick 4 -> 6, 2020/1 (GWS)

or are these all wrong moves too?

You know Port's list managers also signed up Lobbe, Hartlett, Dixon, Watt, Motlop and Rockliff to long term, big money deals...or did these escape your memory?

Oh, and you don't like our recruits of recent years...Hamill, McPherson, Doedee, Fogarty, Sholl, Keays (rookie), McAdam, Schoenberg, ROB (rookie)?

Lay the blame on the poor development of our rookies, fitness and lack of assistant coaches over the last 3 years, not the selection.

Remember the Dangerfield trade? This was done by the same guy who signed up Jenkins to a 5 year deal. It's not Reid's fault he has to fix Noble's mess.

Enough is enough.
Our list in is an untenable and totally unacceptable condition.
We are paying the wages of two players currently playing at other clubs.
We gave away two first round picks for Bryce Gibbs who we are now talking about paying out his contract. A decision which will cost us for five years.
We are also looking at losing our reigning B&F as a FA, which just continues the trend of anyone decent trying to get out of the hell hole that is The Adelaide Football Club.
We are unable to attract players to our club.
There is now massive questions about our drafting results over the last three years.
Ports list managers and recruiters crap all over Hamish and Reid, it's just not funny.
To top it off, we have the Worst list in the AFL and have cap issues. Let that sink in. Even the stupidist die hard, blue haired happy clapper here who are in part responsible for allowing this to happen by giving cover to the inept crew at AF would have to be demanding heads roll.
There has to be a price paid for this situation.
I demand that Justin Reid, Chappy and Roo be sacked or step down.
We need to bring in a real list Manager and someone to oversee Hamish at draft time.

Let's just burn the club to the ground so we can all pick innercity Melbourne teams.

And your thoughts on his other trades than just the Gibbs one? I assume you would have preferred matching the contracts the guys below were given?

Lever (4 years on 800k)
CEY (4 years)
Keath (4 years on 750k)
Greenwood (4 years)
Jacobs (2 years)

You know Port's list managers also signed up Lobbe, Hartlett, Dixon, Watt, Motlop and Rockliff to long term, big money deals...or did these escape your memory?

Oh, and you don't like our recruits of recent years...Hamill, McPherson, Doedee, Fogarty, Sholl, Keays (rookie), McAdam, Schoenberg, ROB (rookie)?

Lay the blame on the poor development of our rookies, fitness and lack of assistant coaches over the last 3 years, not the selection.

Remember the Dangerfield trade? This was done by the same guy who signed up Jenkins to a 5 year deal. It's not Reid's fault he has to fix Noble's mess.
Oh yeah because everything is just peachy right now.

Agreed with OP, how many more drafts do we have to ruin before we make change? Our strike rate has been horrendous.

If we don't nail our picks in this years and next we might be fixed to the bottom of the latter for a long time.

Lever (4 years on 800k)
CEY (4 years)
Keath (4 years on 750k)
Greenwood (4 years)
Jacobs (2 years)

I felt Lever's negotiations were handled poorly from the beginning which put us on the back foot early and he went searching for what else is out there. I was happy to pay more for Lever and Gov and we would've had the money if we didn't have Gibbs. Likewise Charlie. I acknowledge Gibbs was likely an order from the board but they should've fought harder. The rest of the trades on point. Development has been bad but so has drafting. Hamill has shown glimpses meanwhile Jones and Ned struggling, is their development that much different?

Oh yeah because everything is just peachy right now.
There are 20 bigger issues at the club than how Reid and Ogilvey are performing. It's not their fault we are where we are.

It's the last 2 years (in particular 2019) where we wasted time thinking if we made the finals anything would happen.

It's the pathetic investment in coaching. Matt Rowell would hardly be able to get a kick in our midfield.

It's that Nicks and Kelly have to spend half their time answering questions about BS from our board members.

It's Nicks not having more than about 2 hours a week to coach the whole squad.

It's fitness levels.

The fact one of our forward coach can't count to 10.

Agreed with OP, how many more drafts do we have to ruin before we make change? Our strike rate has been horrendous.

If we don't nail our picks in this years and next we might be fixed to the bottom of the latter for a long time.

I felt Lever's negotiations were handled poorly from the beginning which put us on the back foot early and he went searching for what else is out there. I was happy to pay more for Lever and Gov and we would've had the money if we didn't have Gibbs. Likewise Charlie. I acknowledge Gibbs was likely an order from the board but they should've fought harder. The rest of the trades on point. Development has been bad but so has drafting. Hamill has shown glimpses meanwhile Jones and Ned struggling, is their development that much different?
Lever would have always gone fishing, or do you think his manager wouldn't have done the best for his client? We got a bloody good return for him.

I think we have seen lately that CC is in it for the $, looking to move to Melb for a bigger contract by what's been reported.

Brad Crouch wants to stay.

We are pushing him out.

Correct on Gibbs though. Not a good look when his family and the Gibbs families are tight. Reid did his job to get Ma and Pa Gibbs boy out of Melbourne.

Our club paid for that.

Obvious by his on field attitude and Twitter posting he never wanted to leave Carlton.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Brad wants to stay, we are seeing what we can get for him...very similar to the Wingard one!

There are 20 bigger issues at the club than how Reid and Ogilvey are performing. It's not their fault we are where we are.

It's the last 2 years (in particular 2019) where we wasted time thinking if we made the finals anything would happen.

It's the pathetic investment in coaching. Matt Rowell would hardly be able to get a kick in our midfield.

It's that Nicks and Kelly have to spend half their time answering questions about BS from our board members.

It's fitness levels.

We are deadset last and will go winless mainly because we have the worst list in the league

Reid and ogilvie need to go need to find better personal to look control this area

Maybe we can raid the pear

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's just burn the club to the ground so we can all pick innercity Melbourne teams.

The club is currently burning itself to the ground.

A season with no wins and an embarrassing percentage, 30% worse than the next team above us on the ladder.

It's fitness levels.

So you’re saying that a club which allows its list to become the worst, arguably, in AFL history can lay no blame at the feet of the list manager and head of recruitment? None whatsoever. That right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is currently burning itself to the ground.

A season with no wins and an embarrassing percentage, 30% worse than the next team above us on the ladder.
Not much left to burn down on the last photo I saw

Lever would have always gone fishing, or do you think his manager wouldn't have done the best for his client? We got a bloody good return for him.

I think we have seen lately that CC is in it for the $, looking to move to Melb for a bigger contract by what's been reported.

I think Lever was actually happy/content with Adelaide then we proceeded the open the bidding with an insulting offer. I also don't think we offered him as much as we could have re Gibbs.

I don't think we tried hard enough to retain Charlie and weren't willing to pony up even close what Brisbane were offering. Nor willing to give him the attention in the forwardline which he deserved.

So you’re saying that a club which allows its list to become the worst, arguably, in AFL history can lay no blame at the feet of the list manager and head of recruitment? None whatsoever. That right?
Is it actually the least talented list in history? I don't think it is, but you should look at why that is the case.

Is the person who finishes last in a F1 race necessarily the worst driver?

Is it actually the least talented list in history? I don't think it is, but you should look at why that is the case.

Is the person who finishes last in a F1 race necessarily the worst driver?
I honestly don’t even know what this means

I think Lever was actually happy/content with Adelaide then we proceeded the open the bidding with an insulting offer. I also don't think we offered him as much as we could have re Gibbs.

I don't think we tried hard enough to retain Charlie and weren't willing to pony up even close what Brisbane were offering. Nor willing to give him the attention in the forwardline which he deserved.
What do you mean by not giving him the attention in the forward line he deserved?

As a rookie (another Hamish crap pick according to the op), he played 71 ganes in his 4 years here...plenty of attention was given his way.

We should have ignored the other forwards kicking 50 goals a year and made Cameron the focus.

If you thought we should have got rid of Betts to make Cameron the focus in 2017...
What do you mean by not giving him the attention in the forward line he deserved?

As a rookie (another Hamish crap pick according to the op), he played 71 ganes in his 4 years here...plenty of attention was given his way.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Making Charlie the vocal point. Betts was rightly so the vocal point for a long time but a changing of the guard needed to occur and it would have never have happened while Betts was on the ground, regardless of how old or decrepit he was. Brisbane would drain the forwardline and let Cameron go one on one, never would happen at AFC. AFC didn't know the talent they had at their disposal.

It means development isn't Reid or Hamish's role.

That sits with the coaches, which has been the issue. And that's because of the management.
Yeah see I don’t buy it. I think it’s a combo of everyone.

Tom Doedee has developed beautifully. So that goes down as a shrewd pick by Hamish.

Jones struggling, that’s all the coaches fault.

Good deal for Lever - how good is Reid. Gibbs deal a disaster - oh that was someone else.

Every single person that works at that football club that is in any position of authority, is responsible for this mess.

Every single one - no exceptions

Making Charlie the vocal point. Betts was rightly so the vocal point for a long time but a changing of the guard needed to occur and it would have never have happened while Betts was on the ground, regardless of how old or decrepit he was. Brisbane would drain the forwardline and let Cameron go one on one, never would happen at AFC. AFC didn't know the talent they had at their disposal.
Charlie was our best player in the 16 and 17 finals series, how we didnt throw a lot of coin at him is bewildering, there is no foresight at the club whatsoever

Charlie was our best player in the 16 and 17 finals series, how we didnt throw a lot of coin at him is bewildering, there is no foresight at the club whatsoever
Charlie was obviously not in the Riccuito clique. Was smart of him to leave and very smart of Brisbane to target him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back