Time to get positive. Things aren't as bad as they seem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some food for thought

we are 15th for contested possessions

we are 8th for uncontested possessions

we are 9th for marks inside 50

we are 17th for clearances

we are 15th for center clearances

we are 6th for rebound 50's

we are 18th for tackles

we are 16th for one percenters

we are 13th for inside 50's

That is all pretty damming on our mids i would have thought.
tbl, your post misses one stat......we are 1st for kick-ass ruckman dominance.....that being the main reason we are not 13th - 16th for ladder position too.

Last edited:

tbh, your post misses one stat......we are 1st for kick-ass ruckman dominance.....that being the main reason we are not 13th - 16th for ladder position too.

15th for centre clearances and 17th for clearances overall are outrageous stats given Goldy leads the league in hit outs.

I want LT in there more - small forwards can make a real impact in there (like Rioli) given they are so adept at reading a crumb.

Some food for thought

we are 15th for contested possessions

we are 8th for uncontested possessions

we are 9th for marks inside 50

we are 17th for clearances

we are 15th for center clearances

we are 6th for rebound 50's

we are 18th for tackles

we are 16th for one percenters

we are 13th for inside 50's

That is all pretty damming on our mids i would have thought.
Wowee im not much of a stats fan because so many games the team that wins loses all of the key stats but they are ridiculously bad...
The only stat we are doing ok is rebound 50s and that was one we were at the top end last year and we made a prelim..

And also we seem to lose the inside fifties alot yet our conversion rate we do ok...

Last edited:
We're outta form, think of the upside to the stat's.
So, "Time to get positive. Things are as bad as they seem, but if we get better, they won't be." ? ;)

I'll leave it here now. I know when I was a glass half type of guy, I didn't like this stuff.

Fingers and testicles crossed that the season picks up as we all hope.

I think we're on track for top 4. How would your attitude change if we win the next 2 games? Wells and Dal to come back, maybe even Garner, Mullett or Harper to add some X factor ?

15th for centre clearances and 17th for clearances overall are outrageous stats given Goldy leads the league in hit outs.

I want LT in there more - small forwards can make a real impact in there (like Rioli) given they are so adept at reading a crumb.

I want there to be 8-9 capable players going through the middle

Wowee, so this hasn't exactly gone according to plan.

The whole point of this thread is to see the upside. Believe it or not, these blokes still know how to win. The rest will come together, they're fixable things. Stats are meaningless unless youre talking about the win/loss column. At the end of the day that's all that matters.

We're 3 and 3 after a tough start. It's an even ledger. So you can look at it two ways.

Glass half empty, or glass half full. I'm going to encourage the latter.

So, "Time to get positive. Things are as bad as they seem, but if we get better, they won't be." ? ;)

I'll leave it here now. I know when I was a glass half type of guy, I didn't like this stuff.

Fingers and testicles crossed that the season picks up as we all hope.

We are outta form and sitting a game out of second.

We probably couldn't play much worse stat wise, so there is huge room for improvement, even just back to the levels we were at last year.

THe guys that we do have standing up right now aren't the normal ones we turn too, when the ones we do turn to get back into form (it'll happen) we will be a stronger team.

I'm confident of a victory Friday night.

I think that we will see a stand made in the West the following week. Its gonna come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that I find remarkable is that at times we can move the ball really well. We move it quickly without runners like wells and dal santo. Once these two go and a bloke named boomer retire we will be in a bit if trouble in this area.

And who do we have in the twos for this run? Harpers gone, Mckenzie may as well be. I guess we have mullet to go with some of the recent recruits.

Yeah we need Mullet back in and if his first game back in the VFL is anything to go on.. Hopefully he will be back in 3-5 weeks...

Goldie could go down, Ben Brown has done one ACL already.

People, it is more likely it can get a lot worse fast, than a lot better.

Hope browny is ok...he deserves a good run at it more than anyone else on the list. The people's player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back