Time to land the next big fish

Remove this Banner Ad

Highly doubt we could shake either loose, but Oliver and Dunkley would be good fits in terms of age and style.

Would love Dunkley. There was whispers we had a crack at him a couple of off seasons ago from memory. Not sure he'd be that gettable, but I'd love us to be having a crack!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Would love Dunkley. There was whispers we had a crack at him a couple of off seasons ago from memory. Not sure he'd be that gettable, but I'd love us to be having a crack!

The Dogs love him to bits and rightfully so.

He'd be tough to extract, Bevo needs good examples and he's not the sort of coach to willingly go into 'rebuild' mode.

Ah good to see the old Richmond impatience sticks it's head up every now and then.

We have a range of inexperienced midfielders on the list, some we've had a glimpse of, others have yet to take the field in the season proper.

The likes of Graham Ross Stack & Bolton are gaining experience in the midfield and have shown glimpses of talent at times, but a combination of injury and not being played in a ball winning role. Then there are the likes of RCD & Dow to still be seen.

If those guys get to 50 odd games and are still struggling to establish themselves as genuine midfielders then we can start to panic but one poor game off the back of a 4 day turnaround plus a 3 hour flight the morning of the match isn't the time for that to happen.

Ah good to see the old Richmond impatience sticks it's head up every now and then.

We have a range of inexperienced midfielders on the list, some we've had a glimpse of, others have yet to take the field in the season proper.

The likes of Graham Ross Stack & Bolton are gaining experience in the midfield and have shown glimpses of talent at times, but a combination of injury and not being played in a ball winning role. Then there are the likes of RCD & Dow to still be seen.

If those guys get to 50 odd games and are still struggling to establish themselves as genuine midfielders then we can start to panic but one poor game off the back of a 4 day turnaround plus a 3 hour flight the morning of the match isn't the time for that to happen.

I agree with the fact some have overreacted a bit to the midfield effort from Saturday, but I do think we need to look at getting in a quality, big bodied insider.

Our on-ball age profile is concerning, we've come up trumps with Chol, Balta and Bolton who we would have pencilled in as 'hopeful maybe's' with a strong possibility we'd need a future big spend in one or both of those areas, so to me, the time is ripe to go hunting. It will add time the lifespan of our veterans by taking some pressure off and also give that extra time for those underneath to develop.

I agree with the fact some have overreacted a bit to the midfield effort from Saturday, but I do think we need to look at getting in a quality, big bodied insider.

Our on-ball age profile is concerning, we've come up trumps with Chol, Balta and Bolton who we would have pencilled in as 'hopeful maybe's' with a strong possibility we'd need a future big spend in one or both of those areas, so to me, the time is ripe to go hunting. It will add time the lifespan of our veterans by taking some pressure off and also give that extra time for those underneath to develop.
And there's a feeling that we've had success in the past few years despite our lack of midfield depth, generally conceding clearance numbers etc. It's not an area of the game you'd want to go further backwards in when Cotchin and Edwards retire (or start to miss more due to age and injury).

And there's a feeling that we've had success in the past few years despite our lack of midfield depth, generally conceding clearance numbers etc. It's not an area of the game you'd want to go further backwards in when Cotchin and Edwards retire (or start to miss more due to age and injury).

Yep, first we added a good KPF to fix that hole, now we've added a ruck division which can win HTA's it's time to develop a more offensive midfield. Bolton is a bloody good start, but we need to keep adding in this area.

They pantsed our stand in midfield , Lambert 5p , are you kidding me, he should be getting that a Qtr. I’m sure it’s not lost on our coaches that we need to find another mid like we’ve discovered Bolton. Put some time into RCD first then Dow to determine just how far away they are.
Lambert is cream
Always struggles to win his own ball if the rest of the midfield aren’t allowing him to get off the leash

Why isn't Caddy a contested midfielder?
He's lucky to be considered as any type of midfielder. We've desperately needed a Caddy type in the forward line all year yet he keeps getting pushed into the middle for no effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's lucky to be considered as any type of midfielder. We've desperately needed a Caddy type in the forward line all year yet he keeps getting pushed into the middle for no effect.
Yeah...I've just been reading elsewhere that he can't take the ball below the knees...which would be a problem...but with others salivating over boak and wines...caddy seems to me to be the same size and speed...probably more aggressive...I just wonder why he can't be a big bodied inside mid...have to be more so that than a wing...and I can see ther is no space for him any more in the forward line.
I guess I'll always love him for what he brought in 2017...seems like the next towner :(

Develop your own like we have done with rookie picks.

You can’t create a culture by pinching our players,the culture has to start at the club.

We built a culture then great players came not the other way round.

Gonna go out on a limb and say Dow will be elite. RCD probably your Hugh Greenwood type. I reckon we chase a promising early twenties type struggling for opportunities rather than a Reel Big Fish.
I’m thinking that’s more likely be how the cards will fall due to cashola being tight , there’s a few around interstate that we could shake loose should we be prepared to trade out a tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back