Media Time To Move The SFA Grand Final Away From SFA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I've had enough of this Australian club bias from the SFA.

Earlier this season, Cloud_ and the SFA Park consortium signed a deal keeping the Grand Final there until Season 57. If this isn't the most blatant piece of Australian-centricness I've ever seen, then I must be blind.

Keeping the Grand Final at SFA Park disproportionately affects foreign teams such as the Las Vega Bears, Sin City Swamprats and Gold City Royals (who are of course based out of the small unincorporated community in Kentucky). The fact that the last three flags were won by non-Australian clubs is a simple statistical anomaly. The previous seven were won by Australian clubs. The Swamprats won a flag based out of Alberton, and haven't won one since relocating. This perfectly proves my point.

This weekend, Roys FFC will have an unfair and unnecessary advantage. The Swamprats are used to playing in the warm summer of Nevada, but will instead be playing in the cold, dark winter of Australia. This is simply unacceptable. It's time to play the Grand Final at a truly neutral venue and stop this blatant favouritism from the SFA.

I propose a location on the equator for a year-round weather conditions. Malabo, Equatorial Guinea is a wonderful spot for a new stadium. Perhaps instead of all this talk of drafts and celebrating the achievement of quality posters, we should direct some funds towards the construction of the brand new SFA Park v2.0, known as DC Stadium for commercial purposes.

As a knowledgeable and experienced poster round these parts, please respect my excellent opinion.

Just for the record, the name of the nation is Sweet. What is this Australia you speak of?

Needs to get his lore together if he wants that EKA.

Hasn't played a game yet and hates the stadium. Why does it matter anyway kdavva74? You're never going to be in a grannie anyway. Well unless you leave the Royals you might

Hasn't played a game yet and hates the stadium. Why does it matter anyway kdavva74? You're never going to be in a grannie anyway. Well unless you leave the Royals you might

#straightsets

#straightsets
tenor.gif

Just for the record, the name of the nation is Sweet. What is this Australia you speak of?
To nudge the nerd level up around the 9k mark, the nation is actually Hindealla. Sweet is the name of the city.
yYEqYcd.jpg

You can't win at this game (just ask the Wonders).

We used to play our grand finals at Dun Lop Stadium, a neutral arena in the inner northern suburbs of Sweet, kind of nearby to the ground the Royals use (or used at that time, not sure if they are still located there).

Is this lore available in text format or is it all stored in your head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To nudge the nerd level up around the 9k mark, the nation is actually Hindealla. Sweet is the name of the city.
yYEqYcd.jpg

Oh, so that's why we don't have State of Origin.

Does that mean it's actually Suburb of Origin?

And what the hell is the rest of the Hindealla doing?

yYEqYcd.jpg

Bloody confusing calendar.

Is this lore available in text format or is it all stored in your head?
I remember in the past trying to search down the details of Dun Lop Stadium, but struggling. It came up in one grand final week, then we had arguments about whether it was always held there, or elsewhere, or whatever. I tried to collate some info from old posts but not sure if I succeeded. I will dig around.
It was the same season I scratched up a kind of seating plan for the one grandstand and offered seats to all non-participating forum members to pick a spot. Probably about 2007ish.

Oh, so that's why we don't have State of Origin.

Does that mean it's actually Suburb of Origin?

And what the hell is the rest of the Hindealla doing?
We tried suburb of origin once. footy fumbler (what;'s his latest name? edit ok it's 3121 premiers ) split the town into quarters and then looked at where the grounds fell. Wasn't a raging success, unfortunately.

Last edited:
We tried suburb of origin once. footy fumbler (what;'s his latest name?) split the town into quarters and then looked at where the grounds fell. Wasn't a raging success, unfortunately.

I think I know what needs to be done for S26.

Bring back the map! Bring back the lore! It's about tine we reclaimed Sweet!

Well done kdavva74

You’ve managed to resurrect Mobbs with a thread.
Judging by the 56 posts in the Grand Final Match Thread he's already had a bit of a jolt. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back