Opinion Time to play Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a long way from convinced on him - but sometimes you gotta roll the dice - play him for a month - if no signs, move him on and we agree he had a shot.
A year in the VFL - where the standard is scrappy - wont prove anything.

All on the presumption he is doing everything asked of him, attitude is good and he is working hard behind the scenes.

What is the criteria for senior selection ??

If you can come up with a shortlist of key-points, you will then know whether Jaksch will get a game or not.

Jaksch can kick 10 goals in multiple weeks in the VFL and still wouldn't be considered for AFL selection.
I'm also certain that if he did get on a roll of such magnitude, he would be moved to the back line.

Anyway, I'm expecting the guy to get 1 game, probably in the middle of winter on a wet MCG..:p

I thought Moore was going to be the next Moore?
His dad was a 75 goal a year ff at the same age. He has shown little improvement in 2 year and hasn't really got any bigger. People can be suduced by the occasionally speckie into over eating players. Farcy needs to go back to the 2s and find some footy rather than being gifted games.

if it any consolation, I am pretty sure KJ could do as little as Darcy Moore at afl level
Tough call that one. DM is their go-to forward without many other options. At least we have Casboult as the go to. Then SOSOS then KJ in there. I reckon if he's going ok, needs a few weeks to see if he cuts it, in not. See ya, bring in the next in line.

Jaksch can kick 10 goals in multiple weeks in the VFL and still wouldn't be considered for AFL selection.
I'm also certain that if he did get on a roll of such magnitude, he would be moved to the back line.

Anyway, I'm expecting the guy to get 1 game, probably in the middle of winter on a wet MCG..:p
If Jaksch kicks bags of 10 in two consecutive VFL games, he will deserve a shot in the Seniors.

Tough call that one. DM is their go-to forward without many other options. At least we have Casboult as the go to. Then SOSOS then KJ in there. I reckon if he's going ok, needs a few weeks to see if he cuts it, in not. See ya, bring in the next in line.
He has White whose record at afl level is compatible to Levi's . Cloke had much better output to Moore last year but was overlooked for a 7 foot witches hat. Buckley mismanagement is no excuse. Players shouldnt be gifted games on potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seems pie supporters are at a bit of a loss with his second year blues as well

Do they ever stick him in ruck?

The kid is starving in the forward line because he's their only option and delivery is puss.

I suppose Buckley is hanging on for grim death and may not want to try anything.

Having said that they should win by plenty .

71hf3HV0YhL._AC_UL320_SR262,320_.jpg

Reckon he needs to put on a show today. If SOS is injured, there's a like-for-like spot begging for him to earn it.
I think Macreadie and Cuningham are the likely ins for Jack and Fisher.

If a forward is to come in, I think Harry gets a game before KJ.

I think Macreadie and Cuningham are the likely ins for Jack and Fisher.

If a forward is to come in, I think Harry gets a game before KJ.

Really like to know what Bolton & Co are thinking re: KJ & Harry

KJ hasn't even had a look in at any stage over pre season and early this year. My gut feel is MC don't think he is AFL standard

As for Harry, I'm keen to see him and think he will be a gun but think Bolton will be very patient with him. Just needs some time

Really like to know what Bolton & Co are thinking re: KJ & Harry

KJ hasn't even had a look in at any stage over pre season and early this year. My gut feel is MC don't think he is AFL standard

As for Harry, I'm keen to see him and think he will be a gun but think Bolton will be very patient with him. Just needs some time
A penny for MC thoughts.

Happy with your thoughts too Soapy.

I think part of the difficulty is team balance.

Many posters complain we are too tall in defence, and that is with Weitering playing forward.

If Harry or KJ come in, I cannot see it working with Casboult and Weitering playing forward also. The problem is I think they would get in each other's way, and this would affect confidence going forward and our ability to lock the ball in in our forward line.

With Jack, he is very clever and can switch from leading forward and drawing his man away to running towards goal and winning one out. And he doesn't generally get in the way of Casboult or Weitering and crumbs off them, etc.

Charlie pushes up the field and does most of his forward work around the 50 metre arc.

Wright did really well against Sydney and his crumb goal in the third was an absolute beauty.

My point is I see it working with Weitering going back, or Weitering having a rest, or Casboult injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back