Roast Time to put a line through Jake Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Cromulent

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
Feb 11, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He somehow had a worse player rating than Josh Jenkins yesterday. He is absolutely not AFL standard.

C8TgsCxUMAAB5-N.jpg

At the very least he needs to go back to the SANFL and be told his only focus is tidying up his disposals.

Bit harsh. He's always been depth quality player. We need depth players. Plus he's had sweet FA AFL games experience.

People were writing off Hartigan early too. Inexperienced players are inconsistent. No doubt back to SANFL to find form, but to put a line through him now is just dumb.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stupid thread. Only 2 games into his second stint at AFL level after a year and a half in the magoos and only 12 games of AFL in total. He has shown plenty that he can cut it long term. He just needs to develop. No one is saying he doesn't need to work on his game but to suggest put a line through him is plain moronic. Not everyone is a star in their first few years of footy. At present he is a good depth player that can cover injuries.

Stupid thread. Only 2 games into his second stint at AFL level after a year and a half in the magoos and only 12 games of AFL in total. He has shown plenty that he can cut it long term. He just needs to develop. No one is saying he doesn't need to work on his game but to suggest put a line through him is plain moronic. Not everyone is a star in their first few years of footy. At present he is a good depth player that can cover injuries.
It's the Bigfooty obsession with being the 1st to call "he's no good".

Bit harsh. He's always been depth quality player. We need depth players. Plus he's had sweet FA AFL games experience.

People were writing off Hartigan early too. Inexperienced players are inconsistent. No doubt back to SANFL to find form, but to put a line through him now is just dumb.

Plenty of time to improve imagine if the power hadn't persisted with Pittard he was a train wreck that came good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel he is an honest player whose career would be extended at another club. I feel he will get limited opportunities at the crows once injured players return. He lacks skill and his decision making is suspect under pressure.

He beat Vader to it , that's some sort of achievement on this board.;)
Please don't compare me to Vader. I'm so incredibly insulted right now.

It's all well and good calling him a depth player, but when your depth players are not performing when called upon, they are not being useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't compare me to Vader. I'm so incredibly insulted right now.

Kelly has been on our list since 2013. That's 4 and a bit years to break into the senior side, which has he done 3 times. Each of those 3 times, he was dumped shortly after due to his deplorable skills.

It's all well and good calling him a depth player, but when your depth players are not performing when called upon, they are not being useful.
Still makes you no different to me. I give them a decent period of time to prove themselves. It's just that most people around here won't concede that a youngster just doesn't have it until they've played a minimum of 40-50 games.

This. X 10.

So many 'players must be good in their first 5 games or they're not afl standard' children on here. Kelly's old man was a great player and he could well become one too. Genetics counts for a lot. Give him at least a season FFS!

Still makes you no different to me. I give them a decent period of time to prove themselves. It's just that most people around here won't concede that a youngster just doesn't have it until they've played a minimum of 40-50 games.

Spot on.

Roast is a bit harsh but I've always doubted his ability to be a decent AFL player. He's almost as limited as Dawson without the size.

Not gonna hang him, he puts in 100% effort every week. He's just not good enough.

Roast is a bit harsh but I've always doubted his ability to be a decent AFL player. He's almost as limited as Dawson without the size.

Not gonna hang him, he puts in 100% effort every week. He's just not good enough.
Yes Shorty spot on does give 100% but is not and never was a AFL standard player especially once we clear a few injuries we have many more talented youngsters in squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back