Time to stamp out the Staging & Diving

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said don't have an issue with it, been happening for 100 years. If you can get yourself or your side an advantage good on you.

In the Thomas case the umps are on to him now and he never gets a free, so Karma has got him.

Bigger issues in the game than a few playes diving /staging each week.
Not when a team loses a GF because of it.

In buddys case correct the real problem
'That guys like Davis, Rance and co hold and scrag him all game and get praised for it, so he has to resort to amplifying contact to get a sniff of a free

Pay the 5-6 frees missed his way last night ends the issue

What about if Hogan dives/stages and win you a GF?
I don't think you'd have a problem with it.
I'd have a problem with it. It's a blight on the game and it's weak. It's tantamount to cheating, and it's used as a method to get an advantage when you shouldn't be doing it. If the umpires don't pick it up, it's a problem. That's the job of their bosses.

I'd have a problem with it. It's a blight on the game and it's weak. It's tantamount to cheating, and it's used as a method to get an advantage when you shouldn't be doing it. If the umpires don't pick it up, it's a problem. That's the job of their bosses.

Exactly, it's the job of the umpires to adjudicate correctly as hard as it may be at times.

Ps: if Melb won a flag from it I think you'd be the only Melb supporter that would have an issue with it.

Exactly, it's the job of the umpires to adjudicate correctly as hard as it may be at times.

Ps: if Melb won a flag from it I think you'd be the only Melb supporter that would have an issue with it.
The umpires have too much on their plate, too many rules to interpret and manage. They definitely need to pull players up when they see it, but the poor blokes can't always get it right. The players do it to take advantage.

Betts needs to be taught a lesson for staging, his dive when Vince touched him lightly was disgusting

It's f,,,,,, simple, STOP brain dead umpires who continue to pay frees to obvious knee dropping head ducking cheats. Actually todays western derby could be used as a training video for umpires.

Yes, I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to tell if a player is milking a free or genuinely tackled high. Don't blame umpires though, they're umpiring how they've been instructed to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back