Mod. Notice Time to step down

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for all the work and effort you put in to being a mod. Hope to still see you around the board in the future.

Well done bigfella, as I can appreciate all the behind the scenes work you have put in to ensure this board continues to be the best on bigfooty.

I can vouch for your words that it gets to a point you need a quieter time after moderating, but will come back reinvigorated.

In the meanwhile, enjoy your spare time with family & other interests.

Cheers mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great job Allefgib

Balanced, fair and dedicated. Mature attitude to conflicts. Good balance between taking the role seriously and at the same time understanding that we're all here for fun. Certainly put in the time. Provided wise council for me which I appreciate. Handled some delicate issues well too.

Moderated through the transition on BigFooty where it's become high volume, 24 hour access, more emotional, more stream of consciousness post every random thought that enters your head posting which brings with it some challenges. No doubt this has changed the dynamic of the board but I still think the tone of the board is fairly healthy (most of the time), partly due to attitudes like yours. There certainly doesn't seem to be a Posters vs Moderators vibe which can rear its head at times on boards like this.

Gib shoes to fill!

Great job Allefgib

Balanced, fair and dedicated. Mature attitude to conflicts. Good balance between taking the role seriously and at the same time understanding that we're all here for fun. Certainly put in the time. Provided wise council for me which I appreciate. Handled some delicate issues well too.

Moderated through the transition on BigFooty where it's become high volume, 24 hour access, more emotional, more stream of consciousness post every random thought that enters your head posting which brings with it some challenges. No doubt this has changed the dynamic of the board but I still think the tone of the board is fairly healthy (most of the time), partly due to attitudes like yours. There certainly doesn't seem to be a Posters vs Moderators vibe which can rear its head at times on boards like this.

Gib shoes to fill!

Well played

If it weren't for Allefgib, I wouldn't have had a chocolate muffin.

Thanks champ!

I'll just email you next time I feel like trolling ;)

Hi folks - it's time for me to move on from being a mod of this great board.

Bit like stab before me, I've probably held on too long. It's a weird feeling. You sometimes end up spending most your time on the boards reading/modding for a period of time that you get to a point you're not participating as much and wonder why you're here.

I've had a super busy year and work and home life are not getting any less busy anytime soon. I've also got a few other interests for my downtime these days that coming on bigfooty hasn't been the be all and end all for my personal time anymore.

I'm a huge fan of the mod team you'll be left with. They have been doing a great job for you guys already and I know it will continue.

Like many mods who step down I expect I'll be around far less than I used to be. For a time. If history is a leading indicator... I'll be back on a more regular basis at some point in the future :)

Thanks for all your support, and more importantly your contributions over the years. This place kept me going for a footy connection when I lived OS and I feel I've paid it back somewhat now. Many say its not what it used to be. They're probably right. But you know what, the place is what the people who want to be here make it. If you want it to be something different - be the change you want to see in the world ;)

The remaining mods will kick off whatever process they want to follow for getting the next person in. I'll help out through finals and then hand over the reins after that.

Ciao :)
Good innings Bigfella:thumbsu:...welldone.
It did cross my mind that this thread was posing the question should DMac, vB and Thommo shut up shop though.

bigfella!!! NOOOOOOO!!

been one of the great mods of this board (no disrespect to any past or current mods) and your replacement will have a hell of a task replacing you :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back