Time to talk about Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo uses the club as his personal plaything. Would not be suprised to find out he has made a lot of money, shady or otherwise, out of his position.

He will never go and for that reason we will continue to be s**t.

When you hire people, you look at their previous employment performances.. That’s just standard recruiting procedure..
Burton, Hass and Hart’s previous performances have been anything but impressive, even shown to be not to the level required..
Question is how do they get a job when Fagan says he wants the country’s best program?? Doesn’t that mean you get the best??
He’s taken his eye off the ball. ESports, Baseball, Women’s AFL..
Is it a coincidence that the current top 4 do not have a women’s team?

WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB! Do we have to worry about politics and being inclusive and every other cause out there? Can we just get back to what we are supposed to be about..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Burton is 100% Roo so the poo we are now in is 100% on Roo

The cat in the hat. That was hard to read for my feeble mind. Totally agree with you. I want to see all ex-players removed from this club especially Roo, Smart, Burton, Clarke.

Regarding Roo: I remember people here, including me, being very happy when Roo first became involved at Board level. We were happy with his decisions to bring in Walsh and Fagan, and everything looked great. Unfortunately, things have gone downhill. Two big mistakes, possibly on Roo’s recommendation, were hiring Burton and Hart, who both failed at their previous work places. Roo would have the Club’s best interests at heart, but his friendship has blinded him to these two guys’ faults. Someone needs to stand up to him now, and move Hart and Burton on, along with some others who just can’t get the required results.

Regarding membership: I didn’t renew my m/ship this year, after being a member for 20 years. I thought someone from the Club might have been in contact, just checking why. But then I realised they have people queuing up, and couldn’t care less if members drop out. Plenty more where they came from. As a member I never felt appreciated by the Club, and think sponsors come first, with members almost being an afterthought.
Surprised they didn't still contact you to buy raffle tickets.

This is a poor reflection on the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, fellow AFC fans and members, PLEASE, do not fall for this stunt.

Who do this mob think they are fooling?

Club legend on the board! Nothing else has changed, but look folks, we're accountable now! We brought someone in from the outside (who just happens not to have spoken a word of criticism about any of us!!)

How many more years will this buy Trigg, Chapman and the rest of the board? Five? 10?

Get fu*cked.

And Roo... Don't get me started on you. You've said nothing about our off-field predicament. NOTHING. If you can't beat em, join em hey?

Mmmm.. the above from June 2014... after the announcement of Roo on the board.

As much as I love it when I’m right, this isn’t about me (well, not entirely..)

Roo might be a very small part of the problem, but to go after him before you go after the chairman, and a couple of the more senior members of the board, is foolhardy. We have some very stupid people at our football club. People who wouldn’t know what constitutes a premiership-winning football club if their asses were on fire.

Roo was given a spot on the board to appease the “agitators” and take the heat off some of the other faceless people responsible for where the club is at. Don’t ever forget that, and don’t fall for it.

Personally I think Roo stays. I think Burton and Haas have definitely cocked up, but our predicament can't all be blamed on them. I'd like to see more scrutiny on the match-day coaching panel - the segment highlighted on the Ch 9 Footy Show on Sunday where Hawthorn got clearance after clearance highlighted yet again we react far too slowly, both in the coaches box and on-field. I'd be more inclined to look at the midfield / ruck coaching roles and even Pyke (as he's fast becoming NC #2). If I look at our injured list, I think we have two if not three of our best forwards missing, Gov, Lynch and Knight (arguably - certainly an upgrade on who we have in now), in the midfield, Sloane and BCrouch and in defence (Laird, Smith and Brown). Of these really only Knight has succumbed to the hamstring "awareness" curse, although better management of Sloane and BCrouch could be argued. All the others have sustained in game injuries. I think every one of these players are pretty much walk-up starts in any side, possibly bar Knight. Any side would be struggling with this sort of quality missing.
I also think this crap about Collective Minds has been completely blown out of proportion by flogs like that muppet McClure who has zero idea of how these things work. I did do a few of these type of sessions in previous employment, and YES, it is uncomfortable - and is designed that way. I witnessed one chap divorcing his wife straight after one such event, and others who immediately resigned from their jobs. These courses / camps are designed to sort out the wheat from the chaff, so some folks will inevitably struggle with some of the findings (there's an element of facing up to what others think of you which can be very confronting), and then either taking these on board, or recognising your failings and doing something about it. I can see why we tried it, as I think the coaching staff wanted to ensure anyone taking the field had each other's back and played the team game, rather than capitulate as we did during the grand final (and often this year).

Roo needs to stay but change , he's the only one with enough clout to get anything done

He helped get us to a GF with his appointments , then failed

He needs a chance to redeem

Burton and Hass need to go as well as all senior assistants other than Francou

Let Pyke employ the rest of the assistants for next year

I've heard Roo was the only one ripping into Burton last year and the only one trying to do things about it this year. Buyer's remorse? Or the only board member trying to fix things?

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
He has been vocal about our fitness levels in the recent past, plus he knows he was the one who hired Birdbrain. Protecting his reputation on that one.

This is why I think we will see change, theres so many giant egos down there that wont allow their names be attached to this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back