Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
WEll they want drop Tex or Betts so very unlikely
Eddie 14th on the goal kickers, Tex 18th. 18 teams.

Maybe the club realises you need the midfielders getting the ball to your forwards because if there is one group that’s got to be held accountable for our second half fade outs against Geelong and Port it’s the midfield.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eddie 14th on the goal kickers, Tex 18th. 18 teams.

Maybe the club realises you need the midfielders getting the ball to your forwards because if there is one group that’s got to be held accountable for our second half fade outs against Geelong and Port it’s the midfield.

Do you think they realise that, well Adelaide BF don't, never one word about Crouch, Crouch or Sloane on here

What is wrong with our elite Midfield Elite

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you think they realise that, well Adelaide BF don't, never one word about Crouch, Crouch or Sloane on here

What is wrong with our elite Midfield Elite
You haven’t either.

Our midfield is too the same. No one is explosive in there and the spread is poor. That’s why we need Jones to play and come on because that’s what he offers. Instead we threw Douglas in the middle, * me, how backward is that?

We don’t have enough players we rotate through there.

We don’t play a tagger when other clubs do. I would like to have seen Port with Gray subdued, instead he smashed us ....again.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The difference is Sloane never gives up!
Not one fan in here has ever suggested he be dropped even when he was tagged heavily last year, whereas the other bloke...
So at which part did Tex give up? Or which game? I’ve never heard he gives up.

When you refer to him as the other bloke it’s clear you’re one of these posters who have a dislike for Tex and yet you can’t see the obvious, our midfield did not provide our forwards with the opportunities in the second half.

Tex got smashed for the GF and yet Sloane was smashed by a kid and let him kick 3 on him. He played a big part in us losing that game. He can’t break a tag which is pathetic for an “elite” midfielder.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You haven’t either.

Our midfield is too the same. No one is explosive in there and the spread is poor. That’s why we need Jones to play and come on because that’s what he offers. Instead we threw Douglas in the middle, fu** me, how backward is that?

We don’t have enough players we rotate through there.

We don’t play a tagger when other clubs do. I would like to have seen Port with Gray subdued, instead he smashed us ....again.

You said in the other thread Jones offered as much output as douglas Wht the F would you want him in

He struggles he is 18 first year in, yeak lets play him on Gray or maybe danger next time come on are you serious

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So at which part did Tex give up? Or which game? I’ve never heard he gives up.

When you refer to him as the other bloke it’s clear you’re one of these posters who have a dislike for Tex and yet you can’t see the obvious, our midfield did not provide our forwards with the opportunities in the second half.

Tex got smashed for the GF and yet Sloane was smashed by a kid and let him kick 3 on him. He played a big part in us losing that game. He can’t break a tag which is pathetic for an “elite” midfielder.

No player gives up, that is just absolute crap

But youre right Sloane needs to break a tag or wiil never be classed elite

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You said in the other thread Jones offered as much output as douglas Wht the F would you want him in

He struggles he is 18 first year in, yeak lets play him on Gray or maybe danger next time come on are you serious
Do I really need to spell it out? One is a kid who offers something our team doesn’t have and whose projectory is upwards. Douglas is finished and has been s**t in 4 games. But hey he’s a fave.

Did I say Jones to tag Gray? But he did do a good job on Neale.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do I really need to spell it out? One is a kid who offers something our team doesn’t have and whose projectory is upwards. Douglas is finished and has been s**t in 4 games. But hey he’s a fave.

Did I say Jones to tag Gray? But he did do a good job on Neale.

Neale destroyed us the entire game and was BOG stop trying to make crap up

I agree if we aren't interested in winning bring in Jones if we want to win don't bring in JOnes but also drop someone with similar output as you suggested in douglas

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Neale destroyed us the entire game and was BOG stop trying to make crap up

I agree if we aren't interested in winning bring in Jones if we want to win don't bring in JOnes but also drop someone with similar output as you suggested in douglas
Neale ended up with 38 touches and at half time had somewhere around 25-28 touches, I’ve tried to find it but can’t. Our coaches even post game referred to the job Jones did on Neade after half time.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Reality is our contending for a flag days are over. its the right time to use the R word.
Round 1 next year must have Mchenry, Jones, Pick 2 2019, Fogarty, Stengle and Butts in our best 22! just play the kids like Port have done.
Mackay, Douglas, Otten & Hunter to be delisted and the likes of Knight, Gibbs, Atkins and Poholke maybe put on the trade table.. and Betts and Jacobs to consider hanging the boots up.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reality is our contending for a flag days are over. its the right time to use the R word.
Round 1 next year must have Mchenry, Jones, Pick 2 2019, Fogarty, Stengle and Butts in our best 22! just play the kids like Port have done.
Mackay, Douglas, Otten & Hunter to be delisted and the likes of Knight, Gibbs, Atkins and Poholke maybe put on the trade table.. and Betts and Jacobs to consider hanging the boots up.

What about TEx

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
"Rebuild" can be done very quickly if done correctly. We have the nucleus of a decent side but we need to get games into those players and take the right ones in this draft.

Talia, ROB, Crouch x2, Milera, Laird, Brown and Smith all played on the weekend and are very very capable even if some are out of form.

Keath if we keep him is another, Lynch hopefully has a few good years left in him and Doedee will be back next year.

This is where it gets tricky.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm really concerned about our 25 and unders. Hopefully we have some diamonds in our host of untrieds because if we don't, it will take 5 years of good trading to plug our gaps. I'm feeling abit nervous about our 2016 and 2017 drafts.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm really concerned about our 25 and unders. Hopefully we have some diamonds in our host of untrieds because if we don't, it will take 5 years of good trading to plug our gaps. I'm feeling abit nervous about our 2016 and 2017 drafts.

Don't be concerned they were recruited by Hamish we will have a premiership if not this year it will be next, we just need to get rid of campo him and birdman they are the whole reason this club is stuffed, oh yeah and mackay and douglas if they weren't around we would have a 3 peat by now

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have some really talented and capable U25’s. Whilst they have some experienced players helping out, they essentially have ownership of the 2’s who are currently sitting top of the ladder.

Bottom line is that, sadly, we just don’t trust them

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
We have some really talented and capable U25’s. Whilst they have some experienced players helping out, they essentially have ownership of the 2’s who are currently sitting top of the ladder.

Bottom line is that, sadly, we just don’t trust them
I like your optimism, but Tex Talia Sloane Jacobs Betts is a tough ask to replace

And that set of stars capped out at a single GF appearance and never seriously contended other than that

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like your optimism, but Tex Talia Sloane Jacobs Betts is a tough ask to replace

And that set of stars capped out at a single GF appearance and never seriously contended other than that
Sure it’s hard to imagine those guys being replaced, but they can and will be. Clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn do it, and they recover.

Just have to have the courage and trust to do it.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Sure it’s hard to imagine those guys being replaced, but they can and will be. Clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn do it, and they recover.

Just have to have the courage and trust to do it.
Hawthorn recruited Mitchell and O’Meara, they didn’t do it with picks 20+

Geelong recruited Danger and still have Hawkins and Selwood, the only star from a draft pick is Kelly

Which team replaced their stars with players drafted 10+ and didn’t skip a beat?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hawthorn recruited Mitchell and O’Meara, they didn’t do it with picks 20+

Geelong recruited Danger and still have Hawkins and Selwood, the only star from a draft pick is Kelly

Which team replaced their stars with players drafted 10+ and didn’t skip a beat?

Geelong rely heavily on mature age trades or recruits infact they wouldn't be in the eight if it wasn't for that

Danger
S Selwood
Stanley
Ablett
Tuohy
Kelly
Rohan
Henderson
Dahlhaus

Back