Time to wind ASADA up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we get right onto it and wind up ASADA now we might be just in time to cop a full ban from the Rio Olympics for all our athletes!

Lets go for it, that way we can enjoy the Olympics without having to switch from the last 2 minutes of the gold medal game in the basketball with the teams tied, to catch the first qualifying round for the synchronized swimming as AUSTRALIA takes to the pool!

Dank obviously saw thread title and thought he'd do his bit. Different type of wind up though.

Well I don't think it's at all fair to call the tribunal members corrupt or compromised, but I think that sporting bodies are ill-equipped to adjudicate anti-doping cases. They just lack the experience. I think that's a much more likely reason for the tribunal applying the wrong burden of proof than any calls of bias.

Yeah the baseball thing was odd to say the least.
Or they are dumb as.

If we get right onto it and wind up ASADA now we might be just in time to cop a full ban from the Rio Olympics for all our athletes!

Lets go for it, that way we can enjoy the Olympics without having to switch from the last 2 minutes of the gold medal game in the basketball with the teams tied, to catch the first qualifying round for the synchronized swimming as AUSTRALIA takes to the pool!

Brilliant!

In 2012, the BBC created 16 new digital channels to cover everything. We were stuck with Ch9 and their braying pack of idiots.

Brilliant!

In 2012, the BBC created 16 new digital channels to cover everything. We were stuck with Ch9 and their braying pack of idiots.

Shut up you heathen.

Don't tell me you didn't immensely enjoy the mother & father of Bogan Australia, Bec Wilson & Ray Hadley, opining poolside each night about the great Aussie Olympic Spirit.

Retract please.

Most of you just dismiss my arguments as if I don't know what I am talking about. Few have actually pointed out, line for line, the holes in my argument. Maybe because you can't.

At least I think for myself, and don't get all my info on ASADA and WADA from the sporting media. I mean, they wouldn't bend the truth to sell newspapers and have an agenda, would they?

Most of you just dismiss my arguments as if I don't know what I am talking about. Few have actually pointed out, line for line, the holes in my argument. Maybe because you can't.

At least I think for myself, and don't get all my info on ASADA and WADA from the sporting media. I mean, they wouldn't bend the truth to sell newspapers and have an agenda, would they?

Per chance good sir, have you ever partaken in a microwave meal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.jpeg

Maybe because the basic premise is so flawed, it's a waste of time going line by line. And it's laughable that you claim your position is independent thought - although your odd arguments do suggest you aren't getting actual information from anywhere, so maybe you did make it up and it's a total confidence that you are parroting Essendon and their chosen media mouthpieces.

I am beginning to think that there is no need for ASADA.

But, you say, who is going to go after drug cheats in Australian sport?

Well, WADA showed that they can do in one year what it took ASADA four years to do- get a conviction against the Essendon players.

ASADA took three years to get through the Essendon case, only for the players to be found "not guilty". It was only when WADA stepped in that Essendon players got rubbed out.

That undermines ASADA, and shows that they aren't keeping up.

Also, why did ASADA not once, during the entire investigation, not interview Stephen Dank? He could be a key witness to the whole thing, and interrogating him could have sped up the process considerably. But then, there isn't enough media coverage if they do that, as opposed to taking down tall poppies.

Also, Nathan Bock got off. Chip LeGrande says that "ASADA were too tired and overwhelmed by the Essendon case". Oh well, then, if they aren't up to it, maybe wind them up, and let WADA take over, who have more people and money at their disposal.

Winding up ASADA would save taxpayer money. Malcolm Turnbull is looking for ways to save money. Wind up ASADA, give WADA its cases, and then save that money to strengthen Australia's economy. There is no need to keep an incompetent national drug body for simple symbolism, so that Australia can beat its chest about how strong they are against drugs.
You are my second favourite poster after Akka. Glad you have tuned into this epic debate:thumbsu:

Worst thread ever

Agreed.

And this coming from a bloke who started a thread a few years back (with poll) asking if people agreed with me that Fremantle's guernseys were too loose.

Still dirty it got deleted...

It certainly needs to be:

a. appropriately funded
b. properly staffed

and

c. be subject to full public scruitny.
Regarding c - it pretty much is. They have to front up to Estimates like any other public funded body (and for the goofballs on BF that think that McDevitt appeared before a 'special committee' formed to expose his evil anti Essendon leanings a month or so back - GTFO and learn how Government actually operates in Australia) and they are subject to the same FOI laws as any other federal agency or Statutory Authority - and must table their expenditure etc via PBS and annual reports each year under the PGPA Act each year like any other federal agency. What more is anyone expecting? Better understanding for brave brave AFL footballers? Seriously. Give me a ******* break.

You truly don't have the foggiest what you are on about. Nobody knows where to start line for line pointing out the holes, because your argument is all hole and no understanding whatsoever. It would be as dreadful as chalking up a victory over a 4yo.

Where did Akka go anyway? I miss geoblocking

Considering the ferocity with which other threads have been closed on this board, it is quite bemusing to see this one allow to fester.
I like it. BF needs to allow 1 lunatic thread to survive per board. No more than 1 at a time though. This one is shaping up as a stayer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back