Physics Time Travel - Will it ever be possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have this theory that the past present and future all exist at once. Only problem is our consciousness can only access it in a specific sequence one "moment" at a time. An unworldly being may be able to view our universe with all its space, matter and events from beginning to end kind of like browsing on the internet

As for whether time travel is possible there is nothing in the laws of physics that prevents it.
So what if we built a "time machine" maybe something similar to a particle accelerator (lets say a circular tube about the size of the MCG) but instead of particles we propel a person in a capsule around the tube faster than the speed of light. If we are able to overcome Einsteins theory about mass becoming infinite at the speed of light in theory time should then run backwards for that person.Then what would happen to the time machine if it didnt exist at that point in the past the person travelled to? I reckon it would possibly explode like my brain is about to just thinking about all this

Maybe we can't travel back in time, but it would be nice if we could watch history on TV or something. Like a livestream right into Hitler's bunker, so we can see for sure if he shot himself or he got snuck outta there and moved to Argentina.
There is a novel by Stephen Baxter that pretty much covers that arc.

The Light of Other Days - Wikipedia

There is a novel by Stephen Baxter that pretty much covers that arc.

The Light of Other Days - Wikipedia
Cheers dude! That looks really cool.

I haven't really dived into any modern Sci Fi authors. Was a huge fan of Arthur C. Clarke in my youth though, will chuck this on the reading list :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back