Universal Love Timmy’s mark of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't MOTY public decision?
Moty and got was a league decision,they ballsed it up and awarded it to the back-heel kick by Lloyd and people cracked the shits, so opened it up to the public.
Fans started voting enmasse for their favourite player/team, which then gave the award to a terrible play (I think it may have been daniher marking on the lead with very little jump over his oppon), so the league then made it a panel decision with "public Input"

The public got one vote

At the conclusion of the 2021 Toyota AFL home and away season, the AFL Game Analysis Committee will select the best three marks from a selection of 28 (the 23 round winners, along with 5 other contenders as determined by AFL Media). The best three will be based on a 5/4/3/2/1 vote given by each member of the selection committee.

Voting will open after the 2021 Toyota AFL home and away season for the 2021 Four’N Twenty AFL Mark of the Year and the overall winner will be selected by the AFL Game Analysis Committee (counted as 10 votes) and by public voting (counted as 1 vote).

The winning AFL player of the 2021 Four’N Twenty Mark of the Year will be announced at the 2021 Brownlow Medal.

I honestly thought the worst of the three won.

O'Brien flew and contorted his body, and held it despite a face down drop to the ground. Riewoldt's was back with the flight against a pack.

That was just a bog standard specky. Got great height and a second lift, but didn't have much else.

I honestly thought the worst of the three won.

O'Brien flew and contorted his body, and held it despite a face down drop to the ground. Riewoldt's was back with the flight against a pack.

That was just a bog standard specky. Got great height and a second lift, but didn't have much else.

Bolton's was the most aesthetic and 'spectacular' looking, but was by far the easiest mark of the lot. He got some serious height, but it was pretty much a routine speccy.

It's why I expected Bolton's to win. All show, no substance. AKA, the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My honest rankings from the candidates

1. Jack

2. TOB

3. Shai

Yeah as tough as it is, I loved TOB's more because he's a Hawk but type of mark that Riewoldt took is so much more impressive and rarely rewarded as highly.

Last edited:
Yeah as tough as it is, I loved TOB's more because he's a Hawk but type of mark that Riewoldt took are so much more impressive and rarely rewarded as highly.
Yeah I agree. I only took a look at Riewoldt's mark after seeing TOB's by way of comparison. Bias aside that Riewoldt mark is a ripper. No shame coming second to that.

Bolton's should have been a very distant 3rd to Jack and TOB's imo. Lower on the courage scale for starters.

Yeah as tough as it is, I loved TOB's more because he's a Hawk but type of mark that Riewoldt took is so much more impressive and rarely rewarded as highly.

Totally agree, Jacks mark was bloody courageous and spectacular. TOB was a horizontal to the ground and a long way up - miracle he didn't get hurt. Bolton's was spectacular but never in danger of getting hurt plus he had the sit. They got it wrong

Moty and got was a league decision,they ballsed it up and awarded it to the back-heel kick by Lloyd and people cracked the shits, so opened it up to the public.

That back-heel goal by Lloyd was one of the worst calls in memory. Not spectacular by any means and I was stunned when they nominated it. I may get shot down here, but I couldn't split Bolton and O'Brien. Hoped for O'Brien but not surprised Bolton got it. Let's face it. the mark was a beauty.

That back-heel goal by Lloyd was one of the worst calls in memory. Not spectacular by any means and I was stunned when they nominated it. I may get shot down here, but I couldn't split Bolton and O'Brien. Hoped for O'Brien but not surprised Bolton got it. Let's face it. the mark was a beauty.
Bolton's was amazing in real time. But every time you view it it loses a little bit of alure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back