Computers & Internet Tinder Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo.

On my profile I have 2 photos from holidays in 2017. And a few photos from stuff in 2019.

But all the immediate photos are from the last 3 months. And they all say when they are from.

The first person had 5 photos, all from 2010, all don't look nothing like her at all.

Oldest I've seen is 2012, in 2021. And it was the main photo, and a social media profile photo etc.

I don't think I look drastically different to 9 years ago (not totally grey or bald or 30kg heavier) but that's just taking the piss. If you don't have any good recent photos then take some, there's only so long you can hold on to that one favourite photo where you think you look good.

Oldest I've seen is 2012, in 2021. And it was the main photo, and a social media profile photo etc.

I don't think I look drastically different to 9 years ago (not totally grey or bald or 30kg heavier) but that's just taking the piss. If you don't have any good recent photos then take some, there's only so long you can hold on to that one favourite photo where you think you look good.
I have a variety of photos because I rotate between stubble, beard, clean shave, head of hair or shaved head.

But I also send photos on bumble. Its never bumble I have this issue its always Tinder.

I'm fairly sure the last time I used Tinder there was a function where if you both agreed, you can do a Video call on the app.

With technology these days I wouldn't met anyone in public without doing a quick Video call just to make sure you are talking to the person you think you are.

I'm fairly sure the last time I used Tinder there was a function where if you both agreed, you can do a Video call on the app.

With technology these days I wouldn't met anyone in public without doing a quick Video call just to make sure you are talking to the person you think you are.

i just don't get the need for a videocall or the paranoia.

as somone who met my partner on tinder 7 years ago and went on multiple tinder dates before that, meet in a public place for a coffee or a drink and try and enjoy yourself. don't get overly familiar before you meet in person.

if you aren't attracted to them or their photos are old don't speak to them or see them again.

why is it such a big deal?

i just don't get the need for a videocall or the paranoia.

as somone who met my partner on tinder 7 years ago and went on multiple tinder dates before that, meet in a public place for a coffee or a drink and try and enjoy yourself. don't get overly familiar before you meet in person.

if you aren't attracted to them or their photos are old don't speak to them or see them again.

why is it such a big deal?

While I can understand both arguments, this is the way.

I've probably been 50+ first dates over the years and only one or two genuine catfish, chances are pretty low and you get better at picking up the warning signs.

3 dates with cute hinge girl. Good vibes all round. Went to each others places, chilled, was pretty solid. We make plans for a 4th.

Ghosted. Ya gotta love it.

Was she giving any hints that she was just after something casual?

This app’s glitches are just too much for me now. I receive notifications of new apps or messages but go in and don’t see them - I have to download and reinstall the app each time to see what I’m replying to.

Meanwhile, Hinge also has gone weird, as I just suddenly stopped receiving any likes. I don’t think I’m overly attractive but am content with the amount of people who I find attractive who do find me so. But while I acknowledge Hinge comes and goes in waves, it’s just stopped for a month now - no matching likes, no people liking me. Nothing. To see if maybe I’m just out of fashion I changed my preference to all genders and all ages, just to see if anyone would throw me a like. No twinks with daddy issues, no cougars looking to pounce at someone young-ish. I don’t think I’m deluded, but I think there’s something wrong with the app (I swear I’m not hideous).

So now Bumble, always my least utilised app, has become the little app that could. Weird world.

The bearded fireman with the motorbike finally responded to her.

Ghosting someone who knows where you live is a bold move.

Will likely cross paths too as we work in the same area and live 5 minutes apart.

I'm going to give her the middle finger if I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 dates with cute hinge girl. Good vibes all round. Went to each others places, chilled, was pretty solid. We make plans for a 4th.

Ghosted. Ya gotta love it.
Why don't you be honest with the fine folk of bigfooty and detail what happened at her place.

dumb-dumbrr.gif

Latest tinder match turned out to be a woman I occasionally see at the local coffee shop.
Saw her today (sort of recognised her) said hi how's is it going briefly on my way out as she was arriving.
Next minute unmatched.

Awkward flirting stories content right here

Meanwhile, Hinge also has gone weird, as I just suddenly stopped receiving any likes. I don’t think I’m overly attractive but am content with the amount of people who I find attractive who do find me so. But while I acknowledge Hinge comes and goes in waves, it’s just stopped for a month now - no matching likes, no people liking me. Nothing. To see if maybe I’m just out of fashion I changed my preference to all genders and all ages, just to see if anyone would throw me a like. No twinks with daddy issues, no cougars looking to pounce at someone young-ish. I don’t think I’m deluded, but I think there’s something wrong with the app (I swear I’m not hideous).
Hinge algorithms will push you to the back of the stack for frustratingly long periods. They want people to buy boosts etc.

A potential hack though: I often pause my account for various reasons. Every time I pause for a period of a few days or more and then unpause I get a little flurry of likes. It seems doing this definitely bumps up your visibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back