Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an SRP thing, but I've often found these two things have limited correlation.

Most of the indepedent, successful women I know wouldn't identify as feminist.

SRP? Maybe this isn't the right thread for this conversation, but I'm curious as to what you feel feminism is and why most independent, successful women you know wouldn't identify as feminists if you asked them?

SRP? Maybe this isn't the right thread for this conversation, but I'm curious as to what you feel feminism is and why most independent, successful women you know wouldn't identify as feminists if you asked them?
I remember Bishop say she wasnt a feminist on Q&A because she was an individual not part of a collective or some s**t like that

SRP as in this board https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/society-religion-and-politics.46/ sorry.

Feminism the dictionary definition and feminism the political movement are distinct things. They may theoretically share some beliefs with the dictionary definition of feminism, but largely disagree with the label insofar as I can tell.

Feminism the dictionary definition and feminism the political movement are distinct things. They may theoretically share some beliefs with the dictionary definition of feminism, but largely disagree with the label insofar as I can tell.

Appreciate the response, it's definitely a topic I'd explore over a beer, however on an internet forum where people have opposing views it's inevitably going to end up as a s**t slinging contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think i have posted this before

every girl who swipes right on a guy will get a match as every guy swipes right on every girl beforehand.

if you wanna be different, and pique her interest, then join up, drop the range of km to lowest you can,and swipe right on one girl only and then put it away for a few days. do not open it.
then, open it and you will find the ones that appear first up are girls who have swiped right on you even if out of your range (and when they did they didn't get the match straight away - it confused them). but now when you swipe right, you get the match notification as do they and you know they are interested and probably relieved that you finally swiped right.

* me it is so sad that this is what 'dating' has become, tricking an app to make yourself look more desirable.
I'm so glad I'm not on these apps anymore. They are just as poisonous for the mind as social media.

I got banned from Hinge for stating I don't date fat chicks, feminists or bogans. Not sure if I was reported by fat chicks, feminists or bogans but from my brief usage it seemed a car wreck of a dating app so no loss.
I don't understand why people feel the need to state this publicly. If you don't swipe right on fat chicks/feminists/bogans you won't match with them, so it's easy to control.

I don't understand why people feel the need to state this publicly. If you don't swipe right on fat chicks/feminists/bogans you won't match with them, so it's easy to control.
It was an experiment. Before the profile was blocked it had like 3-4x MORE matches than a neutral profile with exactly the same photos and description. So more women found it more attractive, but melted snowflakes in the process.

Seems like the woke generation have infected this board too.

It was an experiment. Before the profile was blocked it had like 3-4x MORE matches than a neutral profile with exactly the same photos and description. So more women found it more attractive, but melted snowflakes in the process.

Seems like the woke generation have infected this board too.
but who did it attract ?

Out of Curiosity i used a boost set my area to Melbourne 160km and swiped on everyone

Close to 100 matches since then, a lot of fake Asians looking for Visas, but about 10-15 real girls who are talking

Seriously * this app

This is an SRP thing, but I've often found these two things have limited correlation.

Most of the indepedent, successful women I know wouldn't identify as feminist.
I would have thought any independent, successful, reasonable person would believe in feminism in terms of what it's supposed to mean.

I don't attend rallies, wear/share the slogans, and I don't feel like I've been particularly or significantly wronged in my own life as a result of being female, but I still believe in feminism at its core. Particularly as a global cause.

I would have thought any independent, successful, reasonable person would believe in feminism in terms of what it's supposed to mean.

I don't attend rallies, wear/share the slogans, and I don't feel like I've been particularly or significantly wronged in my own life as a result of being female, but I still believe in feminism at its core. Particularly as a global cause.

Apparently plenty of women don't. As I said, there's a distinction between the dictionary definition and the political movement, and even the dictionary definition you're thinking of could easily just be egalitarianism.

This idea that you must believe in feminism is quite the fallacy.

There's a difference between feminism in its dictionary form and what feminazis have turned it into. Like any topic, people take it too far and turn the majority off completely. Not because the original message was wrong but because the idiots who took over ruined it

BLM riots in the US is a perfect example

Gender equality we have. There are laws against not paying women for the same work men do etc but now you have the 'feminazis' who believe a woman should be president just because woman. Or you need more women CEO's because vagina. That's wrong. Hire on merit, treat everyone equally, the original feminist movement asked for this equality. The next lot took it too far and now many consider 'feminism' a negative thing, even many women

Last edited:
There's a difference between feminism in its dictionary form and what feminazis have turned it into. Like any topic, people take it too far and turn the majority off completely. Not because the original message was wrong but because the idiots who took over ruined it

Gender equality we have. There are laws against not paying women for the same work men do etc but now you have the 'feminazis' who believe a woman should be president just because woman. Or you need more women CEO's because vagina. That's wrong. Hire on merit, treat everyone equally, the original feminist movement asked for this equality. The next lot took it too far and many consider 'feminism' a negative thing, even many women
I agree, there is some bullshit law now in australia that there must be a certain female representation on boards of company which is a bit of a joke

That's an odd example given the riots finished weeks ago and Black Lives Matter remains widely popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back