Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinge is by far the better application if you can be f’ed with it. Unfortunately, I can't at the moment.

Have had some interesting experiences on Tinder, though. Met some great people, had a few other not particularly great experiences.

One of the weirder ones was a girl I chatted to for a few months a few years back. We hit it off, and went on a few dates and whatnot. As we spoke more, she mentioned she was home-schooled in her last few years of high school. Coincidentally, I also found out she was subscribed to the YT channel of the girl I went to formal with (she had 300k+ so it made sense, but still a wild coincidence). The part where it gets a bit strange is that she mentioned the school she had gone to prior to being home-schooled that happened to be a school a number of my close friends had gone to, and would have been in the same grade as her at. Anyway, we gradually stopped talking. She wasn't being particularly responsive to my messages, but would randomly get in-touch (i.e. the main time I can remember was right before Valentine's Day or some such), but I'd figured it wasn't going anywhere by then, and eventually we stopped talking.

There was a few other strange things that I won't get into on here that I was talking about to one of my aforementioned close friends that had gone to the same high-school. She asked for her name and to see pictures, and she had NFI who the girl was. She brought it up when we were with a few other friends from said school, and they all also had NFI who she was. A few weeks later, I found out she'd seemingly blocked me on FB and Tinder. Didn't really bother me, but had no clue why. We'd never argued or anything, and I hadn't mentiond the school thing as we weren't really talking anymore.

To this day, I'd be convinced she was a fake account if I hadn't gone on multiple dates with her. Although there was a few eyebrow raising things, there was no obvious red flags until the whole schooling thing, and I'd enjoyed hanging out with her. I still don't have a clue as to what the go was there.

Was she formerly a he back in the school days ?

Was she formerly a he back in the school days ?
Nah. All-girls school and from a conservative Japanese and Chinese family.

Last edited:
Also, handy tip for any Samsung users. The Google Opinion Rewards app will send you enough 10-second surveys to be able to occasionally have enough play store credit to get a free boost (or if you have any other use for the play store).

I, for the most part, wait until I have enough credit, use one and get a few matches, and don't really bother swiping much again until I can get another.

Good way to occasionally get a few matches without having to put too much effort in, or having to actually spend money on this shite.

Matched with this girl told me to add her snap

Shes a bit of a campaigner

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-131041_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-131041_Snapchat.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 336
Some girls just legit hate it if you ask any questions.

And then they wonder why guys ghost them all the time.
100 percent or they can ask us anything buy we can't ask them anything

I got asked my dick size because apparently I'm too ugly too date but if my dicks big enough we could *, I asked her boob size because I don't date fat chick's with no rack

Wait might have been something else that pissed her off

By September 7th 2021, Tinder is making the following changes to the benefits that come with our Tinder subscription tiers:

Tinder Plus® will no longer include free Super Likes or a free monthly Boost
Tinder Gold™ will include 5 Super Likes per week instead of 5 Super Likes per day
Tinder Platinum™ will include 5 Super Likes per week instead of 5 Super Likes per day

Remember 5 superlikes every 6 hours then 12 hours then 24 well 5 a week make em count

Wait till it becomes 5 per month

In fairness, 'what brought someone so cute to tinder?' is stupid ******* question.
Well she was being a campaigner before then, so i was trying to work out if i could fob her off or not haha

By September 7th 2021, Tinder is making the following changes to the benefits that come with our Tinder subscription tiers:

Tinder Plus® will no longer include free Super Likes or a free monthly Boost
Tinder Gold™ will include 5 Super Likes per week instead of 5 Super Likes per day
Tinder Platinum™ will include 5 Super Likes per week instead of 5 Super Likes per day

Remember 5 superlikes every 6 hours then 12 hours then 24 well 5 a week make em count

Wait till it becomes 5 per month

Super Likes are everything in standing out from the crowd

35 a week down to 5 a week. Amazing

If you are currently subscribed you are unaffected.

Super Likes are everything in standing out from the crowd

35 a week down to 5 a week. Amazing

If you are currently subscribed you are unaffected.
Yep, went from 140 a week 70 to 35 to 5

Guarantee in the next year you will get a 5 a month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broke up with my partner after 4 years together (amicably) about 2.5 months ago now, not really a big believer in waiting around so got on the apps and got myself back out there pretty quick. It's been busy, everyone is craving some sort of connection. Was on Bumble, had some success on there but seems much more for people looking for something serious, so I've been on Tinder and Feeld.

Lockdown has really streamlined the whole dating process.

Date 1: Walk around Albert Park or the Tan
Date 2: Dinner at someones house (if date 1 goes well).

Given the curfew it's highly likely sleepovers occur as well (yes I've been having multiple bubble buddies during lockdown, I want to get laid, sue me). No $150 cocktail bills, no stressful 'um ah do you want to come back to mine' situation. Can show off some cooking skills and enjoy a night in together.

Voice memos have been a game changer for me. Get off the apps and into WhatsApp or any other platform that allows voice memos as quick as you can. It's less intrusive than a phone call yet accomplishes far more than never-ending texting convos that mostly lead nowhere. My thought process is that if somebody is confronted by, or can't reciprocate a voice memo, then they have no intention of meeting up.

For all the horror stories people have, i haven't really had any. The worst I guess was a recent walk, we both struggled for conversation by about the 4km mark. The next day I thought I better message her and thank her for the walk but tell her I'm not interested, but i was already unmatched.

Last edited:
Voice memos have been a game changer for me. Get off the apps and into WhatsApp or any other platform that allows voice memos as quick as you can. It's less intrusive than a phone call yet accomplishes far more than never-ending texting convos that mostly lead nowhere. My thought process is that if somebody is confronted by, or can't reciprocate a voice memo, then they have no intention of meeting up.

For all the horror stories people have, i haven't really had any. The worst I guess was a recent walk, we both struggled for conversation by about the 4km mark. The next day I thought I better message her and thank her for the walk but tell her I'm not interested, but i was already unmatched.

Yep, good call!

I bet they are...

ha.

i was on there partnered with my ex looking for a third for ages, I remember signing up and we had about 100 likes within the first day.

now that i'm on there as a single male i'm lucky to get about 1 like every few days. however the strike rate is very high given the nature of the app. for example i've only chatted to about 4 girls the past 3 weeks but met up with 2 of them pretty quick.

tinder is a waste of time mostly.

I did the same (I think I have a pretty smooth voice, so that helps), until I got a reply once of "So I've not told you this yet but I'm deaf". They were chill about it though.

To celebrate being out of lockdown I went on a date a day for five days in a row this week. A successful exercise all in all, even if I was pretty drained by the last couple. I've appreciated I should follow my instinct more - I was keen for three and decided to give the other two a chance, and in the end am going on second dates with the three I was already keen on (one locked in, the other two are just negotiating a time at the moment). A root out of one, ending a far-too-long drought, and make out sessions with the other two, it was a good week and nice to be back to dating, yeah!

I did the same (I think I have a pretty smooth voice, so that helps), until I got a reply once of "So I've not told you this yet but I'm deaf". They were chill about it though.

To celebrate being out of lockdown I went on a date a day for five days in a row this week. A successful exercise all in all, even if I was pretty drained by the last couple. I've appreciated I should follow my instinct more - I was keen for three and decided to give the other two a chance, and in the end am going on second dates with the three I was already keen on (one locked in, the other two are just negotiating a time at the moment). A root out of one, ending a far-too-long drought, and make out sessions with the other two, it was a good week and nice to be back to dating, yeah!

Getting back to some quality content now the restrictions are coming down

Had a date with an influencer a while back - off Bumble.

Date ended awkwardly af half way through - I was in an open relationship at the time (which she knew about), we had dinner and all going well and all of a sudden she buzzes out saying she thought she was open minded enough to go through with something like this but she's not comfortable. Asked me to leave and the whole thing was just unbelievably awkward.

Anyway we both followed up the next day, no hard feelings on either side. She reiterated that it was nothing I did, just my situation. Have chatted every now and then ever since but very platonic. I told her I was recently single and hinted at being keen to catch up again - she quickly shut it down and said she's enjoying being friends. Whatever.

The other night she sends me a voice memo on instagram super keen to catch up. Said she previously had heaps going on and wants to explain it all over a dinner. So catching up tomorrow night.

I think she's crazy and I hate the whole influencer scene but I'm a shallow campaigner and want the validation and clout.

Last edited:

Date ended awkwardly af half way through - I was in an open relationship at the time (which she knew about), we had dinner and all going well and all of a sudden she buzzes out saying she thought she was open minded to go through with something like this but she's not comfortable. Asked me to leave and the whole thing was just unbelievably awkward.

Anyway we both followed up the next day, no hard feelings on either side. She reiterated that it was nothing I did, just my situation. Have chatted every now and then ever since but very platonic. I told her I was recently single and hinted at being keen to catch up again - she quickly shut it down and said she's enjoying being friends. Whatever.

The other night she sends me a voice memo on instagram super keen to catch up. Said she previously had heaps going on and wants to explain it all over a dinner. So catching up tomorrow night.

I think she's crazy and I hate the whole influencer scene but I'm a shallow campaigner and want the validation and clout.
I mean.. if she’s a successful influencer she’s probably making 40k a month minimum.. be shallow and enjoy the expensive outings for content!

Went well I think.

Smart girl.

Will catch up again.

Got a date with a hot as fu** traffic controller on Sunday. Should be some seriously stimulating conversations.

She'll be all about the banter then. Brush up on the latest events on Love Island.

Date ended awkwardly af half way through - I was in an open relationship at the time (which she knew about), we had dinner and all going well and all of a sudden she buzzes out saying she thought she was open minded enough to go through with something like this but she's not comfortable. Asked me to leave and the whole thing was just unbelievably awkward.

Your required by BF law, to come back and report what happened..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back