Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who have had success on these apps what were the key factors? Equal share of starting the topics within conversation? Did you send the first message? I just joined hinge and matching has been far easier but getting over the next hurdle is an issue.

Last few nights I've spent chatting away only for it to get late and be left without any response, do you follow it up the next day or take the hint?

Unfortunately there are no set rules that work. From my experience girls dont reply either because (1) they have so many matches and are overwhelmed (but do like you), (2) they are just busy with work/life, (3) they dont see it going anywhere. It really depends on the vibe of the texting whether you follow up. If it was going really well and she seemed really interested, I would follow up - just to see if she was busy. But if I was confident something is there, I wouldnt be too desperate and give her time (in case she is just busy). If the chat barely got off the ground, she probably was never super keen and has moved on. I guess you can still follow up but I wouldnt expect much of a response.

I also find its very personal on how people like chats to start on Hinge in particular. Some girls hate the whole "hey, how was your weekend" and prefer you to ask a question about one of their pics or use some sort of funny line. Others see it the other way. A really obvious one that I dont mind is just asking about their dog or similar - name or whatever. Inevitably the girl loves the dog to death so she's happy to start there.

Also, dont want to generalise too much but if the girl is a professional (lawyer, accountant etc) the more traditional questions like "how was your weekend" work fine and they are less keen on the "banter". If its a younger girl or someone who clearly gets out abit - you can be more adventurous with how you start the chat.

Got to talking with a really lovely chick, unfortunately she is working 12-13 hour days six days a week. We called each other a few random times but it's been mostly chat. I think she was going to suggest I come round last Sunday but caught up on housework and napped on the couch instead.
We are not talking to the same chick are we?
Went out a lovely evening plans to catch up
-But couldn't allign timetables, she cancelled on the day of next meet up.
Am getting sick of the run around. Tentative plans to meet up weekend and see how it goes. No one's fault but things kind of lose momentum

I've spoken to her after work and she sounds utterly exhausted. There's no way I'm putting pressure on her to meet up on the only day she has to get everything else in her life sorted. And it's been established (by me) that we'd be friends only in any case.

In other news, having a late lunch with someone else tomorrow. Yay me. Should be interesting.

Got to talking with a really lovely chick, unfortunately she is working 12-13 hour days six days a week. We called each other a few random times but it's been mostly chat. I think she was going to suggest I come round last Sunday but caught up on housework and napped on the couch instead.
Got her number? Her life sounds like mine at the moment. We could have a beautiful relationship where we never talk or see each other :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back