Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea on the proportion but it was heaps.

I've always found it's just the same s**t over and over. Same type of photos, same hobbies and interests, same captions etc.

hinge_cliche-prompts-answers-questions-examples-01.jpg

It's boat **** season in Perth now. Fish in a barrel (well hoes on a boat) if you have a boat capable of getting to and from Rottnest Island.

According to many pictures I've seen, once features on people at the beach become indistinct, it's time for the boat people to remove all their clothes. Maybe that has something to do with it?

brb investigating cost of offshore boat

Missing 'I'm the type of texter who: will take 2 weeks to respond. lol!'

Girls must think that's cute or endearing or something.

It's a numbers game. If a girl gave you her number at the pub and then you saw her walk around and give it to every other guy there, you'd lose interest in the chase. Well that's what dating apps are. Show me someone who's 'not talking to other people' that isn't engaged in the conversation and I'll show you a liar.

Each to their own, though. If you want to string guys along and then park them to the side when something better comes along go for it, but I don't want to hear a bar of 'Why aren't there any nice guys? Why don't guys make an effort?' etc. Same applies if the sexes are reversed.

A mate of mine is Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber with girls. Unless he is deleted/blocked he'll just keep trying. As far as I'm concerned if you are trying to make conversation and get one word answers or no reply for days/weeks at a time then move on. If you suggest catching up with a girl and get doughnuts then move on.

According to many pictures I've seen, once features on people at the beach become indistinct, it's time for the boat people to remove all their clothes. Maybe that has something to do with it?

brb investigating cost of offshore boat

Most of them are daddy's boats.

I've met girls over here whose personalities change on the spot after finding out whether or not you have a boat.

'OMG you have a boat I love boats'
'Yeah got enough flotation devices already love, tell your story walking'

NB: Don't actually have a boat. Just wishful inner monologue.

Girls must think that's cute or endearing or something.

It's a numbers game. If a girl gave you her number at the pub and then you saw her walk around and give it to every other guy there, you'd lose interest in the chase. Well that's what dating apps are. Show me someone who's 'not talking to other people' that isn't engaged in the conversation and I'll show you a liar.

Each to their own, though. If you want to string guys along and then park them to the side when something better comes along go for it, but I don't want to hear a bar of 'Why aren't there any nice guys? Why don't guys make an effort?' etc. Same applies if the sexes are reversed.

A mate of mine is Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber with girls. Unless he is deleted/blocked he'll just keep trying. As far as I'm concerned if you are trying to make conversation and get one word answers or no reply for days/weeks at a time then move on. If you suggest catching up with a girl and get doughnuts then move on.
Yep. I made this point ealrlier in the thread, but peeps love their denial and oh your just touting incel this and that blah blah blah. Its pure validation for them, and thats what the majority seek. You (not you ) might not like it, but its hard fact when it comes to dating apps.

I'm a guy and I like validation too (no homo).

Also you'd be surprised how many guys do the whole drop their insta handle on their profile to try and hoard followers too.

Can't we just agree that people from all genders kinda suck?
Best post in this lot.

you know how many guys have insulted me because I rejected them? Too many and in fact some guys have left me on read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lame sh*t people think passes for personality traits. You like coffee? No way! Me too! Do you also inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide?

It's boat **** season in Perth now. Fish in a barrel (well hoes on a boat) if you have a boat capable of getting to and from Rottnest Island.
OMG! You like DOGS?!?! Me too!

I reckon its because its online.

Every pussy is a complete tough man behind a screen.

In general I agree. But that applies to anything online with a degree of anonymity.

In terms of dating apps there are a couple of things in play. Firstly, if you are on a dating app then it's implied you are looking to, you know, date. Anyone who pulls out 'I'm not looking to date, I just need to be my myself for a while' type s**t can get in the sea.

Secondly, the balance of power still lies with women for the most part. It's a numbers game for guys. Have to have the right photos and the right bio and swipe 100 girls to get 10 to match, then have to initiate conversation with 10 to get 1 to engage etc. and then once the conversation takes off you are ghosted/deleted. Girls can go on Bumble with one photo and zero bio can have 100 conversations going in no time by just saying 'hey'. Different dynamic.

I kind of figure going down the path of abusing narcissists on dating apps is like arguing with people in the comments section of a news.com.au article. Just go outside and get some fresh air. I once went on a date with a girl from an app, and on the date she gave me her number (I didn't ask). Next day I got a text saying she's not interested. My reaction was a Dr Evil 'riiiigggght', but I know others who would fly off the handle at mixed signals like that. Sun still rises, fridge still has beer in it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Plus she was kinda racist.

I guess it's nice to provide updates.

Update on influencer from a while back. As mentioned things were progressing real quick, we were both in pretty deep within like a 2-3 week period, was bizarre. She started going through some s**t mentally and had to pump the breaks - I was bummed but realized it was probably the right thing after stepping away from it for a while. She said she would reach out when she was feeling better but I was convinced I wouldn't hear from her again. Alas, she reached out last week and we caught on Tuesday night. She's moving to Thailand for a few months and wants to spend the rest of the year (2022) travelling around being a nomad. I guess with her job she can do that sort of stuff which is cool. We get along real well and like each other but there's just so much we're not aligned on so it's hard to ignore. Anyway, will catch her before she leaves and keep the door open whist she's gone. Complex girl.

6am swim girl - So this swim was on the Monday, as I said, legend of a girl - got along real well, smoking hot too. Anyway, she's 35 (6 years my senior), certainly didn't give off the casual bang vibe but anyway. Immediately after said swim she said let's catch up again this week, my week was absolutely chaotic and my only free night was Wednesday, which we agreed on. We're both pretty structured during the week - work, gym, early bed time etc. So we agreed to 6pm drinks, I'll drive and pick her up, be done by 8:30pm - easy. All goes to plan and it was a great date and honestly, I'm not expecting anything - pull up outside her place and she's just like "ummm... do you wanna come up?", I'm like dafuq, of course I wanna come up. Completely unexpected I didn't bring a rubber, so as she's getting out of the car I sneakily check the console and find one in there! Success. So that was that, we had a good time. Will definitely continue to see her.

Hot traffic controller - After being flaky as * for ages we finally locked down a date. She came over, I cooked some dinner, had a few drinks. She stayed the night, was standard really. Conversation was ok. Some of her lingo/banter was funny - can definitely see that she hangs with the ladz all day every day. Would be open to seeing her again but won't be going out of my way that much.

Have paused the apps for now, am busy with a few things and was just spreading myself too thin - becoming one of those campaigners that cancels dates and takes forever to reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back