BigLefty

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Double Blues, Seattle Supersonics
What do we do with Kurt? I dont think anyone saw the Kangaroos concussion so who know what happened there? but both his hits against port and WC were prety darn solid.

Does he have an issue? is he prone to concussions now?

Or is it simply bad luck that he's copped some serious shots to the noggin the last few games?

I had this worry with Hendo a few weeks ago. you just cant carry blokes into games if they will be subbed out the first timethey cop a whack.

Having said that, it's almost worked to our advantage the last two games that he has been subbed early. i think because the opposition end up too tall in defence, and we look to deliver the ball inside 50 more precisely.

I'd still rather a fit Tippett in the game though.

What do we do with Kurt? I dont think anyone saw the Kangaroos concussion so who know what happened there? but both his hits against port and WC were prety darn solid.

Does he have an issue? is he prone to concussions now?

Or is it simply bad luck that he's copped some serious shots to the noggin the last few games?

I had this worry with Hendo a few weeks ago. you just cant carry blokes into games if they will be subbed out the first timethey cop a whack.

Having said that, it's almost worked to our advantage the last two games that he has been subbed early. i think because the opposition end up too tall in defence, and we look to deliver the ball inside 50 more precisely.

I'd still rather a fit Tippett in the game though.
Thats the way i see it,at this stage.

Walker is back next week so maybe leave him out.

just plain bad luck.

reckon he was close to coming back on, like to hear some clarification from the club on the concussion test. he will play next week.

Thats the way i see it,at this stage.

Walker is back next week so maybe leave him out.

i hope so. they were two very solid hits. this probably sounds wrong, but i was a bit relieved when Waters looked in trouble aswell. it kinda validated for me that it was a legitimate hit and not a "soft" concussion.

Without knowing absolutely anything about concussion, you'd assume that after a knock you'd be more susceptible to another one soon afterwards - the same as any other injury.

Can we afford to give him three(?) weeks off to make sure he is completely right? I know he's being passed fit now but just because modern medicine can't find it, doesn't mean that nothing's wrong.

Without knowing absolutely anything about concussion, you'd assume that after a knock you'd be more susceptible to another one soon afterwards - the same as any other injury.

Can we afford to give him three(?) weeks off to make sure he is completely right? I know he's being passed fit now but just because modern medicine can't find it, doesn't mean that nothing's wrong.

We've discovered you don't no anything about concussion or Flu immunisations, so what exactly are you studying at Med school Carl? Stethoscope modelling? :p

Think we need to consider 2 weeks without Tipp, Jenkins taking on the tall role and either Lynch or Johnston to come in and replace Tipp and provide a second option when Jenkins is rucking

It's annoying because I'd really love to give Kurt a week or two off...

But not now. Not with our most important minor round game coming up next weekend.
It is quite annoying for sure, however remember that we smashed the Cats last time without Tex Walker... So this time it may be reversed roles in that Kurt gets a seat and Walker provides the role of key forward. Sure it would be nice to have both of them out there, but from the indication of the last time the Cats played us, I would be confident that Kurt would not be needed to defeat them at their home!

Oh and I just noticed, good signature you got there! ;)

It's annoying because I'd really love to give Kurt a week or two off...

But not now. Not with our most important minor round game coming up next weekend.
He's turning into Justin Koschitzke ATM!:eek:Seriously with Tex back we should look at giving him a few weeks off. (as long as he re-signs for us)

Worrying comments from Carl of late. Pushing too hard for the ultimate shot in the dark theory.

You're stressing me Caz!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should give him a fortnight off from footy. We are going to make the finals now so there is no point in us getting him another succesive concussion so that he misses our finals games. Send him to Arizona or wherever they get sent to come back fighting fit

I think he should sign for the highest offer.

He should wear this...
helmet.jpg

It is quite annoying for sure, however remember that we smashed the Cats last time without Tex Walker... So this time it may be reversed roles in that Kurt gets a seat and Walker provides the role of key forward. Sure it would be nice to have both of them out there, but from the indication of the last time the Cats played us, I would be confident that Kurt would not be needed to defeat them at their home!

Oh and I just noticed, good signature you got there! ;)

Walker was playing when we last played the Cats. He kicked 3 goals.

Worrying comments from Carl of late. Pushing too hard for the ultimate shot in the dark theory.

You're stressing me Caz!
Keep going with the cryptic stuff.

It makes it even easier than usual for everyone to ignore you.

Certainly becoming a concern now, maybe get him cherry ripe have a couple of weeks off, we can't have him dragging this issue into September, we have numerous goal scoring options and Walker back next week, perfect timing l guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back