Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A FEW GOOD MEN

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
oh, sorry I couldn't be arsed going back 250 pages

what was it?

"Equivalent to the compensation we would have received if he went to Gold Coast two years ago". We wouldn't have received "the Ablett Compensation" so look for mid to late first round draft pick or player equivalent.

If Mitch Clark was worth pick 12 then Kurt is worth pick 1, 2 or 3. This aint gunna happen.

P.S. Spackler, Kurt signed the deal three months after Craig left.

Just keep repeating, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
We are likely to lose Wellingham, and probably another player (potentially a Dawes). Plus we will have 3 players on the Vets list. Apparently we have a bit of room to move. Maybe it's not just about the money for Tippett?
I honestly don't think it's about the money at all. There's no doubt in my mind that Adelaide's offer was as good financially as he would find elsewhere (or very close to it). It's probably more about lifestyle. Let's face it - as a surfer - where would you prefer to live? Adelaide or the Gold Coast? The fact that his family lives on the GC is an added attraction as well.

crowsarethebest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
*s sake. Our forward line/ruck will take a hit in quality for sure. Gotta target a mobile big man who can ruck and play forward. Lycett/Gorringe/Giles or whoever the hell we can get. Leaves a big hole. I'm actually shattered, but I guess the writing was on the wall the more he delayed the decision...

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I would have been more annoyed if he were to stay, to be honest. With this Jenkins will be in the side regularly and possibly Johnston too.

Now time to throw money at good players.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
so it wasn't necessarily about going home.
He's still possibly 1 head knock away from retirement, needs to get as much out of this career as he can.

Chances are he's heading for early onset dementia as it is now.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
No, it was about leaving Adelaide.

Thousands of people choose to leave Adelaide each year because they'd rather live somewhere else.

Davis and Bock were money. They were happy they were the ones chosen to receive the expansion club prize. Tippett and Gunston was a simple "I don't want to live here."

J_Crow

Senior List
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I honestly don't think it's about the money at all. There's no doubt in my mind that Adelaide's offer was as good financially as he would find elsewhere (or very close to it). It's probably more about lifestyle. Let's face it - as a surfer - where would you prefer to live? Adelaide or the Gold Coast? The fact that his family lives on the GC is an added attraction as well.

As much as I love Adelaide, I don't hold it against any young man with good looks and a shed load of money who has an opportunity elsewhere.

No different to young minds going elsewhere for the money/lifestyle, and that would be happening on a daily basis.

Oct 9, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Equivalent to the compensation we would have received if he went to Gold Coast two years ago". We wouldn't have received "the Ablett Compensation" so look for mid to late first round draft pick or player equivalent.

If Mitch Clark was worth pick 12 then Kurt is worth pick 1, 2 or 3. This aint gunna happen.

P.S. Spackler, Kurt signed the deal three months after Craig left.

Just keep repeating, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,

source??

The Crows Truth

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Watago's
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Magnificent AFC
At least this frees up ****loads of cash! Lets go shopping for a straight shooter!

Oh **** off and take your surfboard with you Kurt!
Yep.

The Karma Bus would now dictate a certain GWS fullbacks shoulder being irreparably damaged whilst delivering the "knock out" blow to a certain FF d######'s cranium early next year

The Crows Truth

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Watago's
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Magnificent AFC

Thousands of people choose to leave Adelaide each year because they'd rather live somewhere else.

Davis and Bock were money. They were happy they were the ones chosen to receive the expansion club prize. Tippett and Gunston was a simple "I don't want to live here."

Unfortunately correct. A structural disadvantage that I can't possibly see how we overcome

eurodono

Senior List
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIverpool, Glenelg, Chicago Bulls
Spot on what Danger just tweeted "But u have to want to be apart of the footy club"

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS

Mate - don't most of them leave for career opportunities?

ergo - it's about the money.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Gold Coast's #2 pick is the most attractive nugget amongst the supposed interested clubs. Let's hope that it is where knucklehead wants to go.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm actually more relieved than disappointed. I liked Tippett, but no way was he worth $800k. I'd pay Franklin that kind of money, but not Kurt.
Couldn't agree more. Based on last few seasons, worth $550,000 tops.

It's an unfortunate fact of the evolution of the sporting landscape.

More and more players are playing purely for the money and club loyalty is a declining factor in players decision making processes. This evolution has just seen its latest incarnation is the Free Agancy in which more and more players, drafted from interstate especially, will start to drift away to home states. The old days of one club careers are slowly becoming more and more of a memory.

We have to come to terms with the possibility that we may lose Danger to Free agency in a few years to Geelong. It's the way of the sporting landscape in the 21st century.

A FEW GOOD MEN

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is an underlying reason why we have lost Davis, Gunston and Tippett and it is now time to do something about it. (It has nothing to do with the current or previous coach).

We can now draw a line in the sand, appoint Patty and Rory as our on field leaders and start to build a new culture.

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has to be ALL about the money if he considered going to your mob! Hope the Pies enjoy the salary cap review coming its way if they pick Kurt up.

If we get him, it won't be because of money. We don't have the room. We aren't Carlton.

What else is there to attract him to the club that treated Mick so poorly and is willing to place premiership players on the scrap heap in order to get him.

Malthouse agreed to it. Not sure how we treated him poorly, he had been at the Pies for 10 years without a premiership when it was agreed to. But, this topic has been discussed 100 times before (and it's off topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back