Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The one thing that surprises me is how little love there is for Jenkins. Yes, development wise he's a couple of years behind Kurt but I keep reading posts like 'he'll be an average to good footballer' and 'he simply doesn't have the tools to be as good as Kurt Tippett.' Yes Tippett is an elite contested mark and that can't be replicated but Jenkins is quicker, has a stronger level of endurance and provides a completely unique dynamic that Tippett didn't (not to mention the fact he's a beautiful kick, something Tippett never will be). Average footballers don't kick goals like the one Jenkins kicked against Carlton. As for replacing Tippetts ability to ruck, we just need to be smarter. Use a second man up at contests around the ground whenever Jenkins rucks and in centre bounces work on losing the taps (similar to when you're up against Sandilands).

Short term this is a loss and will impact on our tilt at a flag. Long term we could come out on top. Every game for Jerka next year, maximum value from the trade and target free agents that will improve our club.

We simply have to make the most of this situation.

Are we going to hear non stop that if he goes home it's ok?
He's driving up his price right now.. I wonder why he hasn't named a club and now all these others are involved....

* him.. Read some of the stories on Sydney's culture and the true spirit it takes to be a successful club and so on.. Buy in or piss off.. And spot on Patty Dangerfield :thumbsu:

There's been nothing said about going home at all.

Says to me that there have been some big offers from other clubs?

Carlton for instance have just missed out on Lynch. They could throw a heap of cash at him to lure him over, Mitch Clark style.

FFS do I have to say this again?

If we get him, it won't be because of money. We don't have the room. We aren't Carlton.

).

If not money then why Collingwood as opposed to us. Success?? Well he'd be moving from 1 losing prelim final team to another so he'd be hard pressed justifying becoming one of the biggest dogs in football for more success moving from us to you. So what then could it be? If it's purely about leaving Adelaidecause he doesn't want to live here and moving to Melbourne then we (and Port) have some serious long term issues in terms of retaing players and perhaps the AFL needs to scrap Sydney's extra cap room (since apparently the reigning premiers can afford to offer Tippett 1 million a season) and give Port and the Crows a player attraction and retention allowance.

The one thing that surprises me is how little love there is for Jenkins. Yes, development wise he's a couple of years behind Kurt but I keep reading posts like 'he'll be an average to good footballer' and 'he simply doesn't have the tools to be as good as Kurt Tippett.' Yes Tippett is an elite contested mark and that can't be replicated but Jenkins is quicker, has a stronger level of endurance and provides a completely unique dynamic that Tippett didn't (not to mention the fact he's a beautiful kick, something Tippett never will be). Average footballers don't kick goals like the one Jenkins kicked against Carlton. As for replacing Tippetts ability to ruck, we just need to be smarter. Use a second man up at contests around the ground whenever Jenkins rucks and in centre bounces work on losing the taps (similar to when you're up against Sandilands).

Short term this is a loss and will impact on our tilt at a flag. Long term we could come out on top. Every game for Jerka next year, maximum value from the trade and target free agents that will improve our club.

We simply have to make the most of this situation.
I rate Jenkins.. Very much..
Lewis Johnston is another that just needs to find his groove, has huge talent..

There is an underlying reason why we have lost Davis, Gunston and Tippett and it is now time to do something about it. (It has nothing to do with the current or previous coach).

We can now draw a line in the sand, appoint Patty and Rory as our on field leaders and start to build a new culture.

I don't think it's the club that's the problem...
More like the city.

I honestly don't think it's about the money at all. There's no doubt in my mind that Adelaide's offer was as good financially as he would find elsewhere (or very close to it). It's probably more about lifestyle. Let's face it - as a surfer - where would you prefer to live? Adelaide or the Gold Coast? The fact that his family lives on the GC is an added attraction as well.

He's a footballer mate; for 11 months of the year, what they do is pretty all consuming; it's not like he'd have time to go surfing on a regular basis, regardless of where he lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty shattered that Kurt is gone, will definitely set us back again next year.. whether its 800k or a million dollars a year, he'd be worth it to keep as he is super important to the structure of the team...walker smack and jenkins will need to take their games to another level for us to be contenders next year IMO...

Not going to hate the bloke for leaving if he was to go home but will definitely be getting the boos when he plays us thats for sure..on another note good to see danger so committed to the club with his tweet...face of the club and should be the captain in a year or two!!

Hopefully we'll be able to force the Suns hand into offering Pick 2. Then on-trade it to Melbourne (with maybe a player like Otten) to get Pick 3 + 13. Take hopefully Grundy at 3 (Or Toumpas as 1 will be at that pick), Macrae at 13 and Tanner Smith at 19. Thoughts?

Macrae will be long gone by pick 13. In fact I think he may go top 6.

Grundy and Smith seem realistic though.

Just in - Kurt Tippett's house in Adelaide has caught on fire and no emergency services are attending to the call.
house-on-fire.jpg

Is it me or did tippet and knights do a similar thing last time they signed contracts in 09? ask for shitloads and not produce (for whatever reason) and now have gone?

Every cloud has a silver lining, no matter what the colour.

Dangerfield could do with English lessons, but I guess with the money he will earn from football it's not critical.
I think we just need Dangerfield lessons. Even the English language is in awe of him

Pretty shattered that Kurt is gone, will definitely set us back again next year.. whether its 800k or a million dollars a year, he'd be worth it to keep as he is super important to the structure of the team...walker smack and jenkins will need to take their games to another level for us to be contenders next year IMO...

Not going to hate the bloke for leaving if he was to go home but will definitely be getting the boos when he plays us thats for sure..on another note good to see danger so committed to the club with his tweet...face of the club and should be the captain in a year or two!!

Have a look at Jenkins stats for this year compared with Kurt's both this year and last year and he is 2 years younger. Very minimal difference which is quite surprising. I have faith that when Smack puts it all together he will be a very good player and throw in Johnstone kicking 50+ goals in the sanfl.

And Tex will emerge as the best forward in the comp next year - not as athletic as Buddy but he is strong, imposing, he owns the forward line, and unlike Buddy has the mental fortitude to kick the clutch goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back