Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney 900k to 1m what a joke.

But sounds his most likely destination according to SEN.

Has been for two months.

Doesnt Sydney have a whole bunch of players going on the vet list?
That wouldve freed up heaps of salary room.
They are going to be powerful next year, but dont forget 1 more concussion and they are screwed.

I mentioned on the other forum a few weeks ago that a board member at the club had mentioned that they thought he was gone then and that it was nothing to do with club but that he just didn't like Adelaide and particularly didn't like the media here (which is understandable). He also mentioned then that Collingwood could well be the smoky in the deal. It makes sense when you think about it, Collingwood would have looked at their finish this year and realised that they have a brilliant midfield still but that ruck and up forward they were let down. Those that don't think Tippett is worth the money here should just imagine having Dawes instead and suddenly he seems a lot more attractive. It is definately a worry though that our club, wich has hardly lost a player up to a few years ago, has suddenly lost 4 genuinely great key position players in 3 years. Davis, Bock, Gunston, Tip and Maric make up the spine in a pretty handy side and we simply can't have this level of defection continue if we want to stay successful.

There are two positives out of this. And one huge negative of course.

The positives are we no longer have to worry about whether the next concussion that Kurt suffers ends his career. We also don't have a very expensive decoy in our forward lines, taking up the best or 2nd best defender who would ordinarily get Walker (and double teamed possibly).

Of course the negative is we lose a very good mark, a versatile player and a pretty good marketing tool.

I'll miss seeing Kurt line up for the Crows but I'm not sure how I'll feel til I see what we get in return.

we could giles a KPD and outside midf and fit them all within Tippets salary.
A forward line of Walker/Jenkins/Giles resting/Johnston seems much better in terms of spreading the load.
Tippet leaving could be a blessing...

If it was up to me and tippet asked more than 500k a yr i would of told him to find a new club.
Seriously cant believe the club offered him 800k, isnt that more than Franklin is earning :eek:

That fwd line is WAY too top heavy. Jenkins or Giles. And probably not Giles as he doesn't offer enough as a fwd.

Very unfortunate that Kurt has left, he has been a very good player and unlike those who are comparing him to Gunston, Kurt has given us some great years of service. But now we have a decision, we must push hard for decent compensation. We must push for pick 2 or a young SA player and the compensation the Suns will get for losing Josh Caddy (expected top 10 pick).

Our list now requires a tall forward/relief ruckman, tall defender and an outside midfielder, we have 800k to fill these needs. A real opportunity now exsists for Jenkins, McKernan, Johnston and Lynch. I'm still of the belief one or two of these needs to be trained as a CHB.

If Jenkins wants to be the Key Forward he is going to have to develop his tap work and body positioning in the ruck.

well I hope the crows invest more game time in Josh Jenkins why tippet wasnt dropped and jj bought in to the side during the finals beats me but i expect to suprise a lot of people next season

Jenkins!! Good luck to Tippett on which ever team he ends up playing for but I've wanted Jenkins in our 22. This is great news to me.

P.S Dangerfield for Prime Minister.

Forgive me but I don't understand all the hate for Kurt.

For whatever reason, the bloke just wants a change. He's done his time at AFC and for the most part, he's done it well.

I think we all knew long ago that Kurt was gone, but would it really have been better if he came out and said so before now? I genuinely don't think so. We didn't really want honesty, we just wanted him to sign. I don't know what other people were expecting him to do in that situation.

If it's all about money for him then that's now the next clubs problem. We shouldn't want anyone like that at our club. But I can't blame a bloke for something that corrupts so easily. That's money folks.

His first two finals matches this year were awful, it looked like he didn't want to be here. I could maybe understand the hate about that, but he more than redeemed himself in that prelim.

It's a big loss, but even if he stayed, we'd be wasting money on a bloke who doesn't truly want to be here. It's the right time to say goodbye, hand outstretched and a thank you for your services to AFC.

Thanks Kurt. Good luck in Vic, NSW, WA, QLD, wherever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For whatever reason, the bloke just wants a change. He's done his time at AFC and for the most part, he's done it well.

I think we all knew long ago that Kurt was gone, but would it really have been better if he came out and said so before now? I genuinely don't think so. We didn't really want honesty, we just wanted him to sign. I don't know what other people were expecting him to do in that situation.

If it's all about money for him then that's now the next clubs problem. We shouldn't want anyone like that at our club. But I can't blame a bloke for something that corrupts so easily. That's money folks.

His first two finals matches this year were awful, it looked like he didn't want to be here. I could maybe understand the hate about that, but he more than redeemed himself in that prelim.

It's a big loss, but even if he stayed, we'd be wasting money on a bloke who doesn't truly want to be here. It's the right time to say goodbye, hand outstretched and a thank you for your services to AFC.

Here Here! He isn't the first player to leave a club and he won't be the last.
I'm disappointed (he's ruined my day honestly) but it's his decision. He needs to live with it.

Of course we would have preferred him to inform us of his decision earlier. If we were ever a chance at Goddard, it would have been pretty handy to know that Tippett wasn't going to be around, so we could have said "hey Brendon, how does $800,000 a year sound?". But seeing as the selfish twat couldn't make up his ******* mind (apparently :rolleyes:), we'll never know if that was a possibility.

thank god this s**t is over.

not unhappy to see him go. i hope the AFC play hardball at the trade table.

Agree that JJ is viable but not so sure about Smack????? Will also take 2-3 years for both of them to get to their prime/peak.

Also, if we got Lynch for 2 years (he is nearly 30) he would be a ready made replacement immediately while the two other options got some more experience.

SMcK will never improve if we don't play him mate.

I'm pretty convinced the club knew he was leaving a few months ago but Kurt and his management were asked to remain quiet because they knew they needed him for a finals run and I imagine some supporters would be calling for him to be dropped regardless of upcoming matches.

Im not too fussed really. As mentioned gives us massive trade currency and free's up space in the cap. Still rate Kurt highly though.

A bidding war. At this stage Tippett hasn't named a preferred destination. Carlton, Collingwood, Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast have all shown interest in getting Tippett. With no desired destination other than not being in Adelaide, he should be happy to land at any of the listed clubs as all have offered him a fair bit of money. Therefore, he will hopefully land at the club that offers us the best deal. ;)

Look I hope you get a fair deal for Tippett, but I would burn down the club if they gave up the No2 pick, he is a handy footballer but no star (read back through the comments on this thread) plus
  • Big head knocks
  • Average shot at goal
  • struggles to finish in the top 10 at the B&F
  • And now the money grab and loyalty issue
I can't see us selling the farm to get him, plus if he wants $800,000 he can look somewhere else.

AFGM has been correct to date and my contact has always stated Gorringe and Flanigan in exchange for Tippett. Personally if he is all about the money I don't want him at my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back