Win Prizes Tipping Competition - Win a copy of the 2014 Punters Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone could update the thread and scores after each race it would be appreciated. I have mobile access only and balmain is now working.

Myself and balmain will double check anything and announce winners officially tonight. :thumbsu:

s**t haven't been on for a couple of days and missed it. Had a s**t day of punting anyway. Thank god for Lanken Rupee

All results are unofficial until both myself and Chism double check the totals.

Leaderboard:
33pts: Davedinkum
24pts: Buddysbiggestfan
23pts: Rideclutch

19pts: RobbyRoy, Island Bomber, TheDoctor
18pts: Areyoufireal
17pts: D-Mac3276,
16pts: Whowantstoknow, GavinExcell
15pts: Hurlsmiester
10pts: Rooster Cogburn
6pts: Lenny
4 pt: Aussie Assault
2 pts Drakescoffecake

Official final standings here and congrats to the Top 3 in Davedinkum BuddysBiggestFan and rideclutch who all win a copy of the book. Details will be passed onto Chief who will then be in contact.

Last edited:
Nice work guys. We should have a Saturday tipping comp without prizes I reckon. No incentive to get your tips in on time, but could be a bit of fun.

Nice work guys. We should have a Saturday tipping comp without prizes I reckon. No incentive to get your tips in on time, but could be a bit of fun.

I would be in for a similar comp for real money!

Say a $10 buy in for an exact type of contest run over the whole card of any particular meet with the same scoring set up.

If you get 20 blokes come in that is a pot of $200 up for grabs with 1st place getting $125 and 2nd $50 3rd $25 etc etc or something similar. Most of us punt anyway on any given Saturday meet and $10 is not much in the scheme of things for a chance at collecting.

2 pts Drakescoffecake

189.gif

I was no better Yesterday. I had a prick of a day honestly! Steered away from most favourites bar 1 and they all took out the legs of the quaddie.

Was a good days racing but i was shattered with Hai Lil and she is better than that. :(

I will await the outcome for her in the coming days and see what happened as the sectionals she ran were the poorest she has put out for over 8 runs. Hopefully she pulls up o.k and it is was just one of those runs to forget.

Say a $10 buy in for an exact type of contest run over the whole card of any particular meet with the same scoring set up.

If you get 20 blokes come in that is a pot of $200 up for grabs with 1st place getting $125 and 2nd $50 3rd $25 etc etc or something similar. Most of us punt anyway on any given Saturday meet and $10 is not much in the scheme of things for a chance at collecting.

I be for sure, could even run one over the Melbourne / Sydney carnivals, were your weekly points carry over to the next week.
similar to what the star stable do

I'd be happy with that Chism, same system as yesterday which keeps it pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Balmain/Chism for organising, much appreciated.

Was a good days racing but i was shattered with Hai Lil and she is better than that. :(
Someone mentioned she was fired up yesterday, in the yard and on the way to the gates; might've run her race before it started. Considering how she melted last start in the heat, might just want a month or so to freshen up. Ripping mare though, I won't be hopping off.

Thanks Balmain/Chism for organising, much appreciated.

Someone mentioned she was fired up yesterday, in the yard and on the way to the gates; might've run her race before it started. Considering how she melted last start in the heat, might just want a month or so to freshen up. Ripping mare though, I won't be hopping off.

Fair points and Allan did ask for her to be vetted the week before when she was a late scratching behind the barriers as she suffered a form of heat stroke and was not herself.

I will see Allan next week and ask him but by all reports she was cherry ripe going into it and training the house down at Bendigo/home. Just so disappointing to see her first Group race end like that as i know how much better she/is can be. After speaking to a few family members her sectionals were well down especially her last 600m on what she is capable of. She might need a freshen up like you mentioned and the heat from last week really knocked her around but she had a big spell not long ago so i doubt the paddock is going to be an option unless she is injured but Allan knows the horse better than anyone.

They are just such fickle animals though and the average punter has no idea how hard it is to find a group race runner ( let alone winner ) and the behind the scenes work regarding the multitude of issues they encounter are enormous. ( FWIW i have had ownership shares in 3 horses and not one of them found the winning post in front ) the industry is just cut throat and it is so hard to get winners.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back