Tips needed. Getting rid of rogue grass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking for advice on killing grass.

I have a huge amount of what I know as 'bull grass' in the corner of my yard. This stuff grows about 4 feet in a little over a week, especially this time of year. I don't own the property so don't want to put something on it that won't allow anything else to grow in that spot but I get sick of slashing this stuff down all the time.

Does anybody know of a good weed/grass killer that won't cause long term damage to the area?

Cheers

Haven't cut the grass around the house for 3 months. When it needs cutting, we let the 1.5 horses in and the jobs done.

Roundup's good though as it doesn't affect the soil. If you know any farmers, scab some off them. Way cheaper through the farm suppliers than hardwares and a much more powerful brew.

A Welsh mountain pony and a miniature pony that's barely bigger than the dogs. Might breed from it this year. I reckon the foal will be at risk from the cats.:)

Appleyard said:
Which is the mare.... ? :eek:

They both are - one didn't beget the other.

Once you;ve killed it, if you leave it bare, it will just grow back.

1 years seed = seven years weed.

if it is cheap you are after, layers of newspaper, or an old carpet from a roadside junk collection will stop weeds coming back up.

Becareful with round up, it kills just about everything.
Roundup is absorb through the leaf of the plant, make sure you keep round up well away from the plants you want to keep.
It is best to spray on a calm day, many a good plant have died, because of wind blowing roundup around the garden.

Read the label, there are different strengths of round up, you probably only need one with around 300g/l of glyphosate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back