AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
This had me in stitches!

I present to you a direct quote from Reddit -

Who is your least favourite "Perthonality"
renderTimingPixel.png

I abhor the the term "Perthonality," much like "douth" and "guesstimate," but i do reserve it for one particular individual... Basil Zempilas. Liberace was once described as "a deadly, winking, sfellowing, snuggling, chromium-plated, scent-impregnated, luminous, quivering, giggling, fruit-flavoured, mincing, ice-covered heap of mother love," I feel this is equally apoplied to a man who would not be notable in any other city in the world.
Does anyone else hate Basil or another "Perthonality" equally as much?

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dees by 21
Gawn for the medal
West Coast supporters to hijack the Basil clap and instead stand to applaud Willie Rioli at the 4.20 mark of the first quarter.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Melbourne to win by 27 points
Christian Petracca to win the Norm Smith Medal
Basil's nose to create a solar eclipse

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Dogs by 12
Bailey Smith for the Norm
0 people in the crowd after Basil kicks them out for booing him

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Did Basil get the clap ?
Nope. No one even remembered nor cared. Too involved in the game. Bazil did * up, just the usual, in the post match presentation.
Didn’t allow Embley to announce the Norm Smith winner, nor Goodwin do the coaches speech. You have Paul Roos with his ‘here it is’ and Beveridge inviting Murphy up in 2016. Goodwin got nothing.
The question has to be asked.. how the hell does Bazil continue to get these roles? Horrible voice, biased, barely knowledgeable about the game. Swear he has a secret or blackmail over someone at channel 7.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Nope. No one even remembered nor cared. Too involved in the game. Bazil did fu** up, just the usual, in the post match presentation.
Didn’t allow Embley to announce the Norm Smith winner, nor Goodwin do the coaches speech. You have Paul Roos with his ‘here it is’ and Beveridge inviting Murphy up in 2016. Goodwin got nothing.
The question has to be asked.. how the hell does Bazil continue to get these roles? Horrible voice, biased, barely knowledgeable about the game. Swear he has a secret or blackmail over someone at channel 7.
I'm not sure about him possessing a secret regarding Channel 7, but some of the comments in relation to him on Reddit, sound as if community members may have secrets relating to Basil!

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nope. No one even remembered nor cared. Too involved in the game. Bazil did fu** up, just the usual, in the post match presentation.
Genuinely can not and never have been able to stand him .
Having him as the face of WA football is an embarrassment.
I would honestly have preferred an exEagles legend making the presentations, maybe Woosha .

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Genuinely can not and never have been able to stand him .
Having him as the face of WA football is an embarrassment.
I would honestly have preferred an exEagles legend making the presentations, maybe Woosha .
Daniels. When will Baz move over and focus on his Lord Mayor job. Daniels is infinitely capable then Bazil. At least he has knowledge, the players don’t mind to talk to him. Barich is incredibly biased. The cupboard is so bare at Channel 7.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm not sure about him possessing a secret regarding Channel 7, but some of the comments in relation to him on Reddit, sound as if community members may have secrets relating to Basil!
I once heard a rumour* that he will FOOT the bill at a rather... provocative establishment.

*From said.... financial adviser**

**Wasn't actually a financial adviser.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I have one… can’t say here, but it’s a decent one (as in good, not that he’s decent).

And no ‘pics or it didn’t happen’ because believe me you wouldn’t want the pics. If I had any. Which I most definitely do not.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I have one… can’t say here, but it’s a decent one (as in good, not that he’s decent).

And no ‘pics or it didn’t happen’ because believe me you wouldn’t want the pics. If I had any. Which I most definitely do not.
What a pillar of the community our Basil is! 🤮

Michael Corleone

Senior List
Sep 30, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
When I found out Zempilas was MC I despaired. I’m not attached to the MCG as a venue but if it comes with Craig Willis then it needs to be there permanently.

Back