Autopsy 'Tis but a scratch - injury time -v- Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Some positives
- Treacy and Henry played really well.
- Brayshaws goal.
- Decent amount of scoring shots.

Negatives
- Backing just looks disorganised compared to last year.
- Missed 4 simple shots on goal that should be kicked 99% of the time.
- Injuries
- Lobb
- Walters
Harsh on the backline. Dogs punish poor defense and they only scored freely once everyone down there got injured. They played very well.

Still pissed off at Wilson. 8 points down in the last and you can't control your emotions against a second year player! Everything turned to sh*t after after that.
Swung momentum.
Went all stupid. Honestly I have he gets one or two weeks, because he’s been crap anyway.

Decimated. Our season yet again ruined by injuries.

We were surging, and competed. Suddenly Razor wants to be a hero and baked a cake for Bulldogs. Then Wilson put the cream and cherry on top for him.
Then suddenly within 50 m of each other, injuries. Cox and Darcy literally at the same spot, Fyfe not far away.

Absolute filthy at umpires. Bulldogs know it and still get away with it.

Still pissed off at Wilson. 8 points down in the last and you can't control your emotions against a second year player! Everything turned to sh*t after after that.
Probably the most disappointing of the post-2015 trades who are still with us. Lots of hate for Aish, Acres and Lobb, but imo Wilson just hasn't consistently delivered. Has the talent, should be filling the role Duffield played at his best, but doesn't. Sort of emblematic of the type of guy who comes to Freo with a good record from another club and then coasts.

Gutted

Guys tried their heart out and despite some familiar forward 50 entries and horrendous clangers we were right in it. I like how JL wants us to play, the guys were being attacking, looking for the inside kick where they could, taking the game on where they could and fluffed a kick as a result here and there. I’d rather that then what Collingwood put out each week.

The team is so close to putting together, class is just lacking on occasions which gets compounded with whatever the * it is you call our injury luck. It’s beyond the laws of physics at this point to have potentially 4 KPDs out at once. Our injury list is so bad that I’m no concerned about our dual-Brownlow medallist being out fro * knows how long because it’s more dire elsewhere.

Strictly positive
- Treacy is going to be an absolute ripper
- Henry might be breaking out over the course of a full month rather than 1 game. Our most creative and dangerous forward where good things happen almost every time he gets near it.
- Acres is going to need to bring that aggression every game, fantastic effort. Also, if anyone tries to you English is better than Darcy just tell them to watch Acres beating him in the ruck, Darcy absolutely pantsed English tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives

-Brayshaw
-Treacy- how on earth is he a rookie pick??
-Henry will be elite

Negatives
-Injuries
-Lobb is so mentally soft it’s not funny
-Aish- also soft
-Injuries
-Wilson’s lack of discipline is inexcusable. This isn’t The Gate on a Saturday night you flog.
-INJURIESSSSSS

Time to eat my feelings and curl in a ball with the cat.

Gutted

Guys tried their heart out and despite some familiar forward 50 entries and horrendous clangers we were right in it. I like how JL wants us to play, the guys were being attacking, looking for the inside kick where they could, taking the game on where they could and fluffed a kick as a result here and there. I’d rather that then what Collingwood put out each week.

The team is so close to putting together, class is just lacking on occasions which gets compounded with whatever the fu** it is you call our injury luck. It’s beyond the laws of physics at this point to have potentially 4 KPDs out at once. Our injury list is so bad that I’m no concerned about our dual-Brownlow medallist being out fro fu** knows how long because it’s more dire elsewhere.

Strictly positive
- Treacy is going to be an absolute ripper
- Henry might be breaking out over the course of a full month rather than 1 game. Our most creative and dangerous forward where good things happen almost every time he gets near it.
- Acres is going to need to bring that aggression every game, fantastic effort. Also, if anyone tries to you English is better than Darcy just tell them to watch Acres beating him in the ruck, Darcy absolutely pantsed English tonight.
Liked for the Acres pump. He was great.

Do agree with the rest.

Lots of positives and the obvious negatives. One point I want to make is Schultz is just too slow. Numerous times tonight he killed our momentum through inability to make a quick decision. If we didn't just get four injuries I'd have him out of the team. Tries hard, one of the greatest effort givers, but too slow of mind and not good enough by hand or foot.

The injuries are just soul destroying.
The are the real cancer of every Fremantle dockers season in recent years, that spread like a malignant tumour though the list and kill the season.
Every. Single. Year.
What’s the point anymore? 😥

Time to eat my feelings and curl in a ball with the cat.

I knew you were a cat person when I got to your Aish comment. It's ok. Not all of us can be dog people. Free world. 😉

Hats off to the Freo players for playing out that game. Watching Crowden injure himself and realise he couldn't come off summed it up for me.

Good call.

Lots of positives and the obvious negatives. One point I want to make is Schultz is just too slow. Numerous times tonight he killed our momentum through inability to make a quick decision. If we didn't just get four injuries I'd have him out of the team. Tries hard, one of the greatest effort givers, but too slow of mind and not good enough by hand or foot.
About done with him. He’s a trier but he’s not involved in enough. Never around the packs as a small foward. Colyer and Henry at least have done far more. Crowden is pushing better. But still both need an upgrade. We miss Frederick and Sturt badly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back