Autopsy 'Tis but a scratch - injury time -v- Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

My bold prediction: sometime in the future it will be illegal to taken possession of the footy when on the ground. Similar to the way you must stand on your feet in the ruck to play the ball in rugby union. No more slide or diving etc on the ball at all. This change will ultimately be driven by OH&S concerns.

I actually think this would be an effective rule at reducing congestion too.

I feel filthy for saying this, but I actually really enjoyed Eddie’s commentary for the Andy Brayshaw goal….
Dont feel bad. I am a closet eddie fan. I like his commentary...At least he gets emotional :)
I sometimes go and re-watch old matches, he was actually decent from 2000 to 2010.

Hes declined a lot nowadays. I don't think hes any good anymore.

Dont feel bad. I am a closet eddie fan. I like his commentary...At least he gets emotional :)
I don’t mind him as a commentator.
I hate when he (a) gets non Victorian sides player or coach names wrong and (b) starts s**t talking about some VFL hero from the 60s no one under the age of 50 has ever heard of while in the middle of calling a play.
The constant barracking for vic sides is annoying too though it was pretty funny 2 weeks ago when Essendon played the eagles 😂
I thought Jordan Lewis on special comments was outstanding at the weekend.
Overall fox footy are light years ahead of channel 7 in the product they offer.

What about Luke Darcy in the weekend in the Dreamtime game:
“Aboriginals can be celebrated for the way they go about things”

What did we do to deserve this idiot polluting our eardrums every weekend

Is it kickers or Lobb?

A little bit of both. We routinely kick to the deepest option which makes us very easy to defend. So that's on the kickers.

But when you watch Lobb live, he is very ordinary at creating space and getting himself some separation. He does much better at taking the contested mark in the pack from down-the-line kick. Which is more about positioning yourself in the pack, rather than making a proactive lead at the kicker.

In short, he is a poor Full Forward and a much better around-the-ground ruck or half forward. Which is what he has shown his whole career.
And that’s exactly the role he should take once Tabs come back. He’s a ripper grab on the wing. Treacy and Tabs can work together up forward. Treacy has the perfect speed for a lead up and Tabs can one on ones with the best defender. Easy

Course he did! And our Henry got pinged for less last home game - BOOO!!!
Edit: if someone smarter has done a true count and I'm wrong (highly possible) then all I can say is that the seemingly inconsistency is infuriating. I was at both games and Henry's run looked just OK and the Doggies' one too far.

I got home from the game and re-watched recording immediately. My takeaway was pride in our boys fighting till the end.

IF a few of our goal fluffs had made it, IF our whole squad stayed on the park, we might've got the win. Those are ifs and maybes, but what we had for sure was a smashed-up side who didn't give in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back