Review Titanium-edged Giants beat the over-rated Dishlickers

WBD76

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Congratulations on the win today guys. Our mob were totally outclassed. Thank you for giving our young guys the lesson in finals football that they sorely needed. Best of luck for the rest of the finals. No doubt we'll be facing each other again in the future.

Cheers.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Congratulations on the win today guys. Our mob were totally outclassed. Thank you for giving our young guys the lesson in finals football that they sorely needed. Best of luck for the rest of the finals. No doubt we'll be facing each other again in the future.

Cheers.
Thanks for being a rare classy one

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Some classy Dogs fans above thank you.
One of my memories will be sitting on the sunny wing and seeing Naughton go down holding his knee. The Giants fans around me going, Oh, gee, that’s unlucky. I hope he’s okay.
Sam Reid goes down holding his shin and several Bullflogs fans yelling out, “hope it’s your hamstring”, “sucked in” and one guy, “thanks for leaving our club loser”. This was like 4th quarter.
Vast difference in class. Vast.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
This is not ideal. But unfortunately very true. I have said it multiple times throughout the year

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Meh. * em.

We will win the media over, it will just take time like the Swans.

19k in a 24k stadium when NRL derby finals usually get 10 to 17k is nothing to be ashamed about.

As an aside I met some nice dogs supporters. I'm as stunned as you all.

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
An effort like that deserves a better thread title.

The boys were brutal tonight. There was defintely a focus on winning the physical battle, and we did just that, forcing alot of turnovers and disrupting the bulldogs composure - they just kept folding under the pressure.

When we did win the ball, the composure and skills were pleasing as well, apart from the "adjusting to the wind" period at the start where we kicked about 5 in a row out on the full. It amazes me how Haynes always seems to make the right decision when he has split seconds to do so - his AA nomination very much deserved this year.

The other big difference from our last encounter with the dogs was the discipline when the innevitable momentum killers came from the umps (#22 was blatantly against us), the heads didnt drop and we just kept slugging away to win the next ball.

So good to beat the dogs in that fashion, but also staying relentless in that last quarter. The momentum is there as a solud platform for next week.

Go giants!

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
I did hear some of Them yelling out, “plastics” throughout the game. Especially after an scumpire-assisted goal.
Plenty of stories around now about how over-umpired our game was, too.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
I did hear some of Them yelling out, “plastics” throughout the game. Especially after an scumpire-assisted goal.
Plenty of stories around now about how over-umpired our game was, too.
I heard some plastics calls too, but in the scheme of things definitely less feral than 2016. Probably because they hadn't quite had the echo chamber focusing on them and building them up to such a degree this year, so less entitlement.

Back