Review Titanium-edged Giants beat the over-rated Dishlickers

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I think what we are forgetting is that the slow motion replay often makes things look a lot worse

Have you ever seen a jumper punch on slow mo ? It is a full on punch to the head, that hurts !! But no one ever gets suspended for a jumper punch.

This was a full blown mele, if they slow down and analyse every bit the AFL will make a fortune in fines every week

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The Greene verdict will make next years Dogs clash even more spiteful and it will make the rivalry between the 2 clubs even more real and some of the supporters will be distraught which makes the victory even sweeter
Although most of their players were not ready for the intensity of finals and that is where the fault lies and it shows how important experience is in finals

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The Greene verdict will make next years Dogs clash even more spiteful and it will make the rivalry between the 2 clubs even more real and some of the supporters will be distraught which makes the victory even sweeter
Although most of their players were not ready for the intensity of finals and that is where the fault lies and it shows how important experience is in finals
Meh off they can handle the response they shouldn't handle it out. Dogs were soft.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Watch the whole clip from Stevo. Far and impartial Dogs fan.
Bont and some other bullflog lift Josh Kelly up into the air and both body slam him to the ground. The other dog puts his hands on Kelly’s face in the tackle.
Toby and Matt DB then arrive and leap on.
It’s early in the game, right, Toby is obviously remembering Bont vs Haynes and him getting off Scott free. I’m sure his anger was up before the game then he saw that.
There isn’t immediate bruising or a cut showing until after Bont gets Hoppered and leaves the field with the blood rule.
Toby was the only one to fly the flag with Steve Johnson that time and he got done for it. I’m glad he flew the flag with de Boer, for Josh Kelly, on his back with two flogs on top of him. Umpire 22 is seen awarding Kelly a free for the dangerous tackle.
So, not condoning what he did, I really didn’t like the hair and the butting into the ground, but that’s the full story.
Toby, just fracture his larynx or something else that’s non-reportable.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Don't think he will need to "rat" him out....pictures worth a thousand words.....plus I would assume if the foot was on the other foot you would be thinking very differently....the fact is what he did was not necessary, unsportsmanlike and unAustralian
How do you feel about Liberatore Snr?
Just curious.

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How do you feel about Liberatore Snr?
Just curious.
Fair question and honest answer is that Libba sr was an embarrassment they he went about his footy in the last couple of years.....when he was about to be de-listed and he said he would do anything to stay in the game....I wish he had of retired instead....what he did had nothing to do with playing football.....given this guy was an integral part of a side that made finals by being a ball winner so to do what he did was not in the spirit of the game...you could go and tag players without the crap he enforced on opposition players and in the end all he has done is damage his own reputation

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any evidence this happened from the Greene incident?
Nope no evidence and we will never know as the question was never asked:

"However, he wasn't forced to defend himself from speculation that he eye-gouged Bontempelli, with the AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson QC making no submission about what he believed Greene did with his hands during the incident." https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09...by-greene-learns-his-fate-at-the-afl-tribunal

Guess we will never know. Even when Doggies medical staff were questioned about the incident no one asked how he got the scratch/bruise under his eye>

Sure is the most luckiest player given he has now been guilty on 17 occasions which include kicking, kneeing, spitting, slapping and multiple striking charges and has only missed 6 games through suspension. And as he could have another 7 / 8 years to go he could break all sorts of tribunal records.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Nope no evidence and we will never know as the question was never asked:

"However, he wasn't forced to defend himself from speculation that he eye-gouged Bontempelli, with the AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson QC making no submission about what he believed Greene did with his hands during the incident." https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09...by-greene-learns-his-fate-at-the-afl-tribunal

Guess we will never know. Even when Doggies medical staff were questioned about the incident no one asked how he got the scratch/bruise under his eye>

Sure is the most luckiest player given he has now been guilty on 17 occasions which include kicking, kneeing, spitting, slapping and multiple striking charges and has only missed 6 games through suspension. And as he could have another 7 / 8 years to go he could break all sorts of tribunal records.
Because there was no eye gouging. Like saying you have to defend yourself from robbing a bank when you got a speeding ticket.

Have you had a look at the whole incident.

If you did youbwoukd note the back slam and hands and elbows on Kelly's face (Lids in the background is also getting work done) and so Greene came in tocity the flag. Over zealous? Yes but in no way dirtier than anything happening at the time.

Be more worried about the dogs having no one that was willing to back their team mates and fly the flag. Rather soft.

Wife already offered to send me up. I don't think I can justify it - I'd much rather watch one of the teams flog a third party.
Change of plans. Wife talked me into going. Should be interesting.

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Because there was no eye gouging. Like saying you have to defend yourself from robbing a bank when you got a speeding ticket.

Have you had a look at the whole incident.

If you did youbwoukd note the back slam and hands and elbows on Kelly's face (Lids in the background is also getting work done) and so Greene came in tocity the flag. Over zealous? Yes but in no way dirtier than anything happening at the time.

Be more worried about the dogs having no one that was willing to back their team mates and fly the flag. Rather soft.
Clearly we are going to disagree on this one though I will agree that it was a failing that our players didn't fly the flag. As I said before one side was playing finals footy and the other wasn't.

Still doesn't hide the fact that a player pleaded guilty for serious misconduct with 16 previous charges and is given a fine (again). No matter how you want to spin that it really is a joke.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Clearly we are going to disagree on this one though I will agree that it was a failing that our players didn't fly the flag. As I said before one side was playing finals footy and the other wasn't.

Still doesn't hide the fact that a player pleaded guilty for serious misconduct with 16 previous charges and is given a fine (again). No matter how you want to spin that it really is a joke.
But if you really looked at the facts it was referred to the tribunal as serious misconduct because they identified several actions in the one exchange. Hair pulling (well Z Merrit has already shown this round that that is just a fine), contact to the head (Nic Nat already showed that is just a fine... he threw a player into a fence). The eye gouge was a beat up. No evidence whatsoever.

So if you look at what constituted the charges... the afl this round had already set the precedent for what the consequence should be

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
But if you really looked at the facts it was referred to the tribunal as serious misconduct because they identified several actions in the one exchange. Hair pulling (well Z Merrit has already shown this round that that is just a fine), contact to the head (Nic Nat already showed that is just a fine... he threw a player into a fence). The eye gouge was a beat up. No evidence whatsoever.

So if you look at what constituted the charges... the afl this round had already set the precedent for what the consequence should be
And the fact is both Nit Nat and Merritt do not have 16 previous charges which involve kicking, spitting, kneeing, slapping and striking and just as I can't say that he did do the eye gouging you can't say he didn't....the only 2 that do know aren't talking with video not showing conclusively one way or the other

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
And the fact is both Nit Nat and Merritt do not have 16 previous charges which involve kicking, spitting, kneeing, slapping and striking and just as I can't say that he did do the eye gouging you can't say he didn't....the only 2 that do know aren't talking with video not showing conclusively one way or the other
Well actually I can say he didn't. I mean there is no evidence to say he did so. Bont didn't say he did it, the footage doesn't show it. The dogs medical didnt indicate it.... i mean if you take your stance we can assume Toby has a giant purple penis that gives life saving white blood cells to homeless dogs to help cure infection and its true unless you prove otherwise

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

So is a guy given a fine for breaking someone's throat on a late high hit and keeping him out for 3 weeks.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
So is a guy given a fine for breaking someone's throat on a late high hit and keeping him out for 3 weeks.
Yes and surprise everyone, the AFL’s love child tag gets thrown around, but if we were they would’ve waited for the medical report.
They ignored the plea from GWS that the report was coming and charged Bont to a lesser extent.
That also keeps Bonts record a little cleaner too.
With Tobes, they just look for an excuse to sight him.
Dahlhaus wasn’t kicked in the face. He ran onto a outstretching foot.
Bont wasn’t eyegouged but he’ll be accused of it from now on.
People only believe them facts they want. F’em. One-eyed maggot farmers.

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mate you can keep going back to that incident but the fact is Bont getting Hayne was an accident and he does not have 16 prior charges. You know if you go back 5 / 10 minutes of that incident against Payne you will see Bont having 2 / 3 GWS players trying to rough him up. Bont then responded (admittedly late) which is exactly the way you guys played last Saturday. The reason he did not get outed for that is your medical staff did not correctly diagnosed

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Mate you can keep going back to that incident but the fact is Bont getting Hayne was an accident and he does not have 16 prior charges. You know if you go back 5 / 10 minutes of that incident against Payne you will see Bont having 2 / 3 GWS players trying to rough him up. Bont then responded (admittedly late) which is exactly the way you guys played last Saturday. The reason he did not get outed for that is your medical staff did not correctly diagnosed
Look at the positives.... Bont now has 7 months to recover

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Mate you can keep blindly defending the bloke but the fact is it was late high and took him out for a few weeks.

If you go back to the Greene incident you will clearly see Kelly being backslammed and then roughed up by Bont.

Your last line is garbage as we had to wait for the final scan, this allowed the AFL to let Bont get away with it.

But keep being you fleabag.

Back