Remove this Banner Ad

Tyler Hodges

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76'ers
Alright the league is full and we have 14 expert sides battling it out for a top 8 spot. This is the pre-season predictions based solely on last years average, so of course there could be dark horses galore. But as a starting point, we'll see who look to be the big dogs in the cash league:
1. The Maxibonts- finished top 100 last year, enough said will be a huge chance for the flag
2. Back to Back- 3- top 200 finish safe bet.
3. URANDANGI- top 300
4. Pelly's Plight
5. Quitting my day Job- Probably shouldn't, but could take the day off if he wins the big dance.
6. Gav's Greats
7. You Wann Sum
8. Moondawgs- Last years winner from 3rd with a monster 2512 in the grand final to take home the cup, loves the pressure.
9. Tizza's Gorillaz- Call me Richmond
10. The Medium Pacers- will be keen to bounce back after a dissappointing 2016
11. Bokey's Bombers- My Kryptonite always slimes his way to a win with dodgy PoD's
12. Wannanup Wanderers
13- Stanhope- Major Dark horse looking to take her game to the next level.
14- The Mighty Ball Bags- Sadly for Darcy I think he will be everyone's punching bag, could surprise.

Last edited:

My name is Tyler Hodges.
We have started a cash league for the up and coming 2017 season. We are a part of the cricket club here in Mandurah, WA, however there aren't enough expert Fantasy players at the club to fill out our league. It will be a $50 buy in, we currently have 10 spots for teams available. the cash prized will be as follows;
$500 for Grand Final winner
$200 for runner-up
$100 for third
$100 for fourth
League will be formatted;
18 teams
Start in round 2
Will be PLAYING through the byes (now 3 trades per bye week)
Classic 8 team finals system through rounds 20(QF)-21(SF)-22(PF)-23(GF)

This is serious league and as such is for expert players only, if you haven't finished in the top 10% before I wouldn't encourage you to join. please post a screenshot of last years history, for example:
View attachment 336674
Post your history if you are interested and I will PM you to discuss further details and confirm your team in the league. You will have until round 4 to make your payment, if after a reminder my myself the week before you still haven't paid by this date (April 13, 2017) you will be removed from the league.

Hope to get a gig in your league. Regards Haydn

upload_2017-2-16_12-15-6.png

Inxs and Fyfe I'll keep you posted as I go along, I'll PM you more details in the next week or so, cheers.

Hey guys, would love to get on this.

Have been an avid fantasy player for many years, last year wasn't my strongest but have finished in the top 5000 3-4 times prior.

Thanks.

im keen if there are spots available. Been playing DT/Fantasy for years

3j0CYBC.jpg

Round 1 Predictions
Tizza's Gorillaz vs Moondawgz- always a 50/50 call with these two, made the prelims both in 4 consecutive years. Can't go past the reigning champion, the Dawgz by a whisker= 2007-1998

Gav's Greats vs Back to Back- 3
Huge matchup the game of the round. Back to Back being a top 200 finisher is to hard to pass up, B2B3 win 2044-2010

You Wann Sum vs Medium Pacers-
Both will be fighting for that top 8 spot, I have YWS winning this one, 2055-1992

Pelly's Plight vs Wannanup Wanderers-
Comfortable win for the Plight, 2067-1932

URANDANGI vs Bokey's Bombers- Baptism of fire for the ever slimy, ever dirty Bokeys Bombers or as I call them the Binga Slinga's. URANDANGI in a canter- 2081-1945

The Maxibonts vs Stanhope- your classic David vs Goliath story here, the daunting top 100 Bonts vs little known 40000th seen Stan, but this is a new year, with new squads, the challenge doesn't get any bigger for the hope. The Maxi's winning 2085- 1913

Quitting my day job vs The Mighty Ball Bags. Freeby for QMDJ in the first round, doesn't get much sweeter than that. TMBB's might make me eat my words, but I'm putting the house on the Quitters to piss it in. 2020-1855.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First round done and dusted with a week that saw all the big boys in the fwd and def fail miserably, yet still there was a ton of 2000+ scores, including a draw to kick things off. Tipped 3/6 (4 if the draw counts?), so this league seems very well balanced in the early stages with every side looking a real threat.

Tyler Hodges defeats Moondawgz 2124-1985
The Gorillaz get the early leg up on the Dawgz in a game defined by Captain choices. The Dawgz employing the mid price mayhem tactic of refusing to pay top dollar for the absolute elite has cost him early here, with the game ebbing and flowing until big Paddy laced up his fluro green boots and scored a lazy 139. The Dawgs el capitan Hall was risky and in the end costly as he only eeked a misely 75. the game was effectively over at that point and the Gorillaz seal their first win of the season.
MotM- Cptn Danger.

inxs88 defeats YippeeYiYeo 2119-2115
My predicted game of the round lived up to the hype in a monster of an opening fixture that saw the B2B3 edge out the Greats in a match for the ages. In a game of what if's it was B2B that took the calculated risk backing Cptn Danger over the very solid 124 set by the blazing rookie WHE. You can't fault Gav's tactic, most would take a 124 captain and laugh all the way to the bank, but B2B must have fond memories of Dangers 187 on the Roo's last year, so confident was he in fact he didn't even attempt the thursday VC loophole with the ever consistent Treloar- the balls on this bloke!
MotM- Treloar being the only unique to go plus 120.

jacob787 defeats Tom12 2010-1975
Another close ripper which saw the PPP hold off the Medium Pacers. The fate of this match wasn't decided until very late in the last game on sunday which saw the PPP trying to hold off a storming Houston and Mundy with the mighty Fyfe as the last line of defense. The Pacers would have to be stoked with Houston's 99 in this game, and another monster 140 from his Zerrett should send shivers through the spines of opposition teams as he is currently the most dangerous PoD in the league. The kid hasn't missed a beat despite having Jobe, Heppell, Stanton back in his midfield.
MotM- Fyfe holding the line, having a great 70 point second half to let his coach breathe easy.

Wannanup Wanderer's defeats determination 2200-2114
Harsh loss for the Magic Men here, a 2114 is a very winnable score however the Wanderer's came out breathing fire this round with a titanic 2200! the key to this match was the decent scores of all of the Wanderers cheap rookies, with his lowest Pod still racking up 70, whereas the Magic Men has some stragglers in Stewart (43), Billings (61). Magic men punished for having a unique Adam's and Dusty is a rarity and so he can take small comfort in that moving forward.
MotM- K. Kolodjashnij with a 108, I hate this scrub he is weak as they come but delivered for the Wanderers here and is great value even though I wouldn't touch the scum with a 10 ft pole.

Bokey's Bomber's defeats woofta 2077-2016
Even the mighty URANDANGI cannot escape the slime that is the Bokey's Bombers, and held his own until the Port Freo game where Binga's pods dragged him under. This was the ultimate battle of the unstoppable force vs the immovable object with the URANDANGI being the team of have's and have nots. Mighty scores 139, 123, 127 were soured by the laughable 32, 43, 54,59 60, 64 ( as I type this i see the Bokeys slime all over this game). At the other end, a very consistent Bokey's team saw only one sub 70 PoD. There was a moment, with Fyfe struggling in the first qtr and SPP being on 2 for what seemed like an eternity, that maybe the DANGI could hold out. But That quickly turned around as the Pepper fired up in the second and Fyfe doing what he does, be a champion.
MotM- Bokey's Murphy with another handy 125 continues to show his 2012 form and shapes to be a fantastic elite PoD.

Fyfetheknife draws with newblueo 2035-2035
You wouldn't read about it. Not only do we have a draw in the opening round, but we have a draw with the sides fielding 13 Unique players. How many times would that have happened? craziness. I built this up as a David V Goliath battle, however the Hope have come into this season invigorated and fearless taking no prisoners. Both taking the VC Treloar to cancel each other out, it came down to PoD on PoD. Once again, it was the consistency of the Hope that kept the teams head above water in the face of the 139, 125, 116, 113, 123 onslaught the Maxibont dished out. Under all that devastation was however, a sugar soft underbelly with scores of 32, 43, 53, 59, and 56 as many of the Maxi rookies stayed at home for the day. Can't help but feel this was a small win for Stanhope as the Maxi's wonder how it went wrong.
MotM- Big Buddy Franklin with a 127 has started the year well playing up the ground starting many of the Swans forward entries, as well as banging them in from 65 out at will, great PoD for the hope in a week that saw the big forwards fail miserably.

Dan12 defeats the Mighty Ball Bags 2109-2073
In what should have been a regulation win for the QMDJobs, the ole ball bags started swinging late to give the Quitters a fright on sunday arvo. The Quitters must have watched the first quarter of the Port freo game and loved what they were seeing with Fyfe sitting on 15, and unknown SPP on a mere 2. Then the young bull goes apeshit with a 52 point second qtr, Fyfe starts chipping it around like he's Stanton with his Seagull mates on the wing at the G stealing everyones +6 chippies, and victory is in sight for the Ball bags. In the end, the class of Zerrett, Danger and Treloar held the fort for the Quitters and they bank their first win of the year.
Motm- Docherty's 101 doesn't seem that great at face value, but considering he started the second half with 27 on a day where he was the only premo the Quitters had left, a 75 point second half gives him the Motm.

Great first round everyone, I'll be putting my tips in for round 2 later in the week.

Luv your work Tyler. Did not join this league with any expectation of winning. Had a lazy half hunge floating in the sky rocket and thought I would throw it for a bit of fun. I play this game we all love for final rank, so will sit back early, quietly take advantage of myself, and hope that I come home hard with my spirits dancing in private rapture.

woofta inxs88 YippeeYiYeo determination Leathers jacob787 Fyfetheknife newblueo Tom12 Dan12

Just wanting to check in and thank everyone again for competing in this years paid league, was a crazy tough league with no easy weeks but I'm glad everyone's teams stuck it out and congrats to Dan12 and Bokes89 for making the Grand final, as well as determination and Leathers for getting into the prelim and getting their cash back. Special mention goes out to YippeeYiYeo - that 0-12 start whilst having as good a side as the rest of the league was the stuff of legends lol..

I'll be running the same league next year and will give you guys first dibs if your interested to have another punt in the 2018 season, which looks like it will be a 18 team comp. best of luck in the GF Dan12 knock off those slimeballs over at the Bokey's Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back