Analysis TK'S LAB ( AKA the bore room ) 🌈

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanna know why we lost the game?

Petraccas horrible stoppage work to start the last quarter. Bloke was completely switched off for the first 5 minutes and it cost us bad.

Included the times of the videos if anyone wants to watch it

Cripps is his man

View attachment 1774538

You can see stands on his heels as Cripps reads where the ruck tap will end up because the bounce is favouring Carlton

Viney and Gus have their opponent's but Carltons best mid is free now

View attachment 1774539

Cripps wins the footy and Tracs so far away it becomes a 3-2 for Carlton

View attachment 1774540

Viney and Gus attack Cripps, Vineys man gets the ball over the top they go inside 50

View attachment 1774541

Straight after the goal goes to the middle and Tracs tight on Cripps, Viney and Gus have their guys

View attachment 1774542

Cripps throws him out of the way with disdain like its a ******* teenager

View attachment 1774543

Buys himself a meter of space from Trac from follow up from the bounce

View attachment 1774544

Wins the clean clearance with Trac 2 metres behind now

View attachment 1774545

Easy shepherd for the ruck, Cripps wins another clearance. De Koning marks and goals.

View attachment 1774546

2 goals from poor Trac play which cost us the game more than the bad ARC decision

If Cripps is Trac's man, why has Brayshaw rotated onto him in all of these stoppages? Have you played footy in the midfield before? You realize you don't always get to stand next to the bloke you're matched up on right? Given Gus was on him all day, it's pretty obvious even to nuffies what is going on here.

If you weren't blinded by your want to constantly criticize Trac for some reason you might be able to see it.

Like, even in your chosen screen shots to try and use as evidence you can see Gus rotating over to Cripps. Lol.

Since PG isn't here.

The Rock Clapping GIF

I assume I missed something in the offseason, but where is PG anyway? Someone fill me in please.

I assume I missed something in the offseason, but where is PG anyway? Someone fill me in please.
She still posts occasionally but has been much more infrequent this year.

Not sure how anybody could take issue with the statement that Trac isn’t good defensively at stoppages, and it really played out badly at the start of the last quarter.
They walked out of those stoppages when we should have been at our maximum level of intensity.

Aside from the fact that Gus was on him, which is even evidenced by TK's chosen screenshots, yes, it's entirely Trac's fault.

Aside from the fact that Gus was on him, which is even evidenced by TK's chosen screenshots, yes, it's entirely Trac's fault.
I suggest you rewatch the footage. In the first clearance Gus starts on Docharty and is using his body to keep front position. Trac is caught ballwatching and the ball falls to Cripps' advantage. At this point Gus is still applying a block to Docherty but the ball goes past him and allows Docherty to protect Cripps' run at the ball. Only then does Gus begin chasing. Once Cripps has the ball and Carlton have won the clearance.

The second clearance Gus starts on Fogarty. Gawn attempts to tap it to him but its too high and he can't get clean posession. So the ball is still in the air giving Pittonet the chance to take it out cleanly and release to Cripps who has gotten separation from Petracca. Again it's only at this point that Gus begins to chase Cripps. Once the clearance has been won.

A player like Cripps is basically impossible to stop once they have the ball in space. You need to stop them at the source which was never Brayshaw's job.

I suggest you rewatch the footage. In the first clearance Gus starts on Docharty and is using his body to keep front position. Trac is caught ballwatching and the ball falls to Cripps' advantage. At this point Gus is still applying a block to Docherty but the ball goes past him and allows Docherty to protect Cripps' run at the ball. Only then does Gus begin chasing. Once Cripps has the ball and Carlton have won the clearance.

The second clearance Gus starts on Fogarty. Gawn attempts to tap it to him but its too high and he can't get clean posession. So the ball is still in the air giving Pittonet the chance to take it out cleanly and release to Cripps who has gotten separation from Petracca. Again it's only at this point that Gus begins to chase Cripps. Once the clearance has been won.

A player like Cripps is basically impossible to stop once they have the ball in space. You need to stop them at the source which was never Brayshaw's job.

I've rewatched - It seems pretty clear Gus was on Cripps but the Blues had organized a switch there, which is why Gus tries to get to Cripps each time and why Trac isn't sticking to him which would cause a 2 on 1.

I've watched these again a bunch of times now and the only conclusion I have is that TK is once again looking to blame Trac for things that aren't entirely his fault, he's done it all year from what I've seen. For some reason he can't cope with Trac and Clarry not being perfect players.

Seems strange to me that posters go to this much effort to pot a player in their "lab" without having (or maybe he's ignoring) fairly basic stoppage setup stuff.

Anyways, imagine starting a thread and naming it after yourself, then putting the poster your apparently ignoring in the title... Says everything about the quality of these posts so I'm gonna check out and let his thread disappear again.

I like picking a fight with TopKent as much as the next bloke but pointing out Trac has little defensive capability at stoppages doesn’t equal saying that Gus and everybody else is brilliant, they’re not. But it’s plain as day that Trac made little effort to stop the Blues strolling out of those clearances.

He’s an offensive player which is what makes him a star, but when it doesn’t come off it can hurt us.

I like picking a fight with TopKent as much as the next bloke but pointing out Trac has little defensive capability at stoppages doesn’t equal saying that Gus and everybody else is brilliant, they’re not. But it’s plain as day that Trac made little effort to stop the Blues strolling out of those clearances.

He’s an offensive player which is what makes him a star, but when it doesn’t come off it can hurt us.
Yeah he's clearly the player at that stoppage that rolled the dice and went all or nothing. The other 2 did their jobs.
Trac should not be on the defensive side of the stoppage if he's attacking. Pretty rubbish coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trac's lapses both those times for sure. Ball watching severely the first time and for a moment in the next clearance, which was still enough to get burnt.

All players at the bounce need to be switched on, can't leave any player free, let alone Cripps.

If Gus was on Cripps he would be standing next to him? I'd back a free Trac against a free Docherty or Fogarty. It's risky for both teams so we matched up evenly. Trac needs to find his man quicker after we lose a tap.

Doesn't change him being our best player. It's just another thing he can improve on.

I remember being quite annoyed at Curnow's first goal because on replay you can see May standing 3 meters behind him, then lets him have a 5 meter head start unmaned jumping into the pack. I'm to lazy to find the footage but it wasn't May's best work

Not to mention its Viney, not Gus, who is switched/told to go and stand next to Cripps and tighten up on him after the second goal by DeKoing because clearly Trac was beaten by his man both times.

Its one of the most insane deflections ive seen in a while. (well at least since Sunday when the thewingerclub said we weren't trying in the review)

Firstly, don't be dickheads. Feel free to disagree about how people played on the weekend, but keep the silly snipes at each other out of it.

Secondly, I'd agree that Trac stuffed up in those passages. Even assuming there is a switchover, trying that immediately at the ballup is a risky move. Gus and Viney were sticking pretty close to their players they started on so possibly miscommunication; Trac wound up in no-mans-land. Mistakes happen, doesn't make Trac a s**t player but an area to tighten up on.

I reckon after Trac's last 4 years and 2021 finals/GF performance(s) he has earned the right to lack defensively*

*Not to say its not frustrating but I want him to be going attacking not defensive, thats why we have players like Viney

Bloke still has 4.2 tackles a game, so its not like he is a fairy

I reckon after Trac's last 4 years and 2021 finals/GF performance(s) he has earned the right to lack defensively*

*Not to say its not frustrating but I want him to be going attacking not defensive, thats why we have players like Viney

Bloke still has 4.2 tackles a game, so its not like he is a fairy
What's his GF got anything to do with it lol talk about being defensive for no reason

Trac was neither defensive or attacking for those 2 bounces that's the problem, he started the quarter mentally on his heels and Cripps has read the situation quicker both times and got 2 viral clearances

What's his GF got anything to do with it lol talk about being defensive for no reason

Trac was neither defensive or attacking for those 2 bounces that's the problem, he started the quarter mentally on his heels and Cripps has read the situation quicker both times and got 2 viral clearances
everything

Do you think Richmond would scold Martin over his lack of defensive attitude? or Curnow?

There are a few players in the league that you accept their badness as their strength is worth it

everything

Do you think Richmond would scold Martin over his lack of defensive attitude? or Curnow?

There are a few players in the league that you accept their badness as their strength is worth it
You're being defensive again for no reason about Trac you're acting like he's some god above criticism.

People wonder why our team gave up stoppage goals at the start of the last quarter which essentially ended the game and Trac was a major factor in them.

Bringing up that he's a Norm Smith medallist is neither here nor there when it comes down to it but maybe does explain why we didn't miss a beat with Oliver out and him forward in the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back