Analysis TK'S LAB ( AKA the bore room ) šŸŒˆ

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a fine post with different colours in it
The colours really brought out how much I hate each and every single one individually, but also as a beautiful metaphor because of the many many options our players are colour blind.

An also morons.

The colours really brought out how much I hate each and every single one individually, but also as a beautiful metaphor because of the many many options our players are colour blind.

An also morons.
We did absolutely have a high moron level on display on Friday.

Easily the most ******* annoying game I have seen us play in a while. Every time those things happened, and it was more than frequent as your post points out, I became more and more certain that our amazingly stupid forward half game was going to cost us the 4 points. Not pleasing to be proven right. Also reminded me, and I was hoping to forget, how I spent virtually all of the game screaming at the player with the ball to notice the bloke well out in space.

Topkent great stuff. Also Kozzy had a shocking F50 entry in the last when we had gone a point up and had some momentum.

Just to refresh memories, think it was after ANBs goal. We win the centre clearance, Kozzys man gets sucked into the stoppage and he gets an uncontested mark 60m out on the flank. He shanks a kick into the pocket which the Pies intercept and kick a goal from. Mate they havenā€™t had a chance to get numbers back just put it 20m out straight in front FFS

Time for a TK slapdown, I keep reading about Goody making us s**t and making us terrible going forward, Im gonna prove here that its a bunch our so called superstars shitting the bed in the big moments. This is Oliver, Trac, Brown, Pickett, Gawn, Lever and Hibberd. Not Jordan, Sparrow, Jackson and Hunt. THIS IS ALL IN THE 3RD QUARTER

Langdon desides hey * it, ill kick it with the outside of my right foot cause im all duck no dinner

View attachment 1470007

OH WAIT I KICKED IT ON THE ******* FULL WITH OUR CAPTAIN STANDING 15M OUT UNMANNED

View attachment 1470008

This one hurts me cause I do love me some Koz but here he is missing a pretty easy shot

View attachment 1470010

WHEN HES ONLY GOT HALF THE ******* SIDE BEGGING FOR A JOE THE GOOSAGE

View attachment 1470011

THE OLD MOUSTACHE BANDIT HIMSELF TAKING A NICE INTERCEPTING MARK

View attachment 1470013

KOZ IS GIVING HIM A NICE LEAD UP IN ACRES OF SPACE, WITH A COUPLE SHORT TARGETS BUT OHHHHHHHH NO!

View attachment 1470014

OLE JAKEY BOY DECIDES TO STEAL THE SHOW WITH BOMB FROM DOWN TOWN ( TM DwAYNE PIPE) BECAUSE WHY WOULD YOU EVEN PARTIALLY AIM FOR ANYONE WHOS FREE

View attachment 1470015

WHEN YOU COULD KICK IT DOWN THE SKULL OF SOME YANK * WHO ONLY LEARNED HOW TO PLAY CATCHING FOOTYBALLS AGAINST US!!

View attachment 1470017

THIS ONE IS THE HARSHEST BUT IF YOU WANNA BE THE BEST YOU GOTTA DO MORE THAN THIS, OLD SPARGZY HAS DIFFERENT OPTIONS FROM EASY TO HARD HERE, TRAC WITH HIS ARMS OPEN WIDER THAN BUDDYS ARC OR CHIP ONE INTO THE SPACE FOR BROWN AND GAWN WHO BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM MIGHT BE ABLE TO DROP IT TOGETHER

View attachment 1470018

NVM DIDNT REALISE THERE WAS OPTION 3, GET *ed TK AND ILL JUST SHOVEL IT BACK TO PIG TO DEAL WITH WHO IMO HAS PLENTY OF ATTACKING OPTIONS BUT INSTEAD PUMPS IT LIKE HES BACK PLAYING FOR FRANGA

View attachment 1470020

View attachment 1470021

IVE GOT AN IDEA HERE, INSTEAD OF USING ME TEAMMATES ILL USE ALL ME CARROT AND SPINACH STRENGTH AND TRY BREAK A .....

View attachment 1470022

* ME WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING! IVE SEEN LETTUCE WRAPS HOLD UP BETTER UNDER PRESSURE.

View attachment 1470023

DONT WORRY IM A ******* RED NUT campaigner SO I BURN ME TEAMMATES JUST STANDING NEXT TO EM, ATLEAST I GET A DISPOSAL THOUGH AYE!

View attachment 1470024

SOMEHOW GAWNS MATCH WINNING PRELIM WAS THE WORST THING EVER, OLD * NUT OVER HERE DECIDES TO PING ONE OFF THE OUTSIDE OF HIS BOOT ON THE RUN ON THE FULL, BETTER THAN LETTING THE DOCKER campaigner GET ALL THE GLORY THO AMIRIGHT

View attachment 1470025

THIS IS ME FAV, VOMMENTATORS WERE WAXING ON TRACS BEAUTIFUL KICK HERE, I WATCHED THIS ******* PLAY AND NOT A SINGLE campaigner MOVES EXCEPT THE BLOKE ON THE MARK. BROWNS COUPLE MTRS INSIDE THE POINT POST WHEN ITS KICKED

View attachment 1470026

HES IN THE SAME ******* SPOT AFTER TRACS KICKED, TRAC DIDNT AIM FOR ANYONE HE ******* SHANKED IT UNDER PRESSURE AS PER BLOODY USUAL AND LUCKILY OLD VEGAN HEAD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO PICKS UP ITS GOING ON THE FULL

View attachment 1470027

Great to see you back in the bat cave trying to clean up Gotham TK.

Most of our players are totally mentally shot when it comes to making the right decision going inside 50. I think Goody has responsibility for this after 5 years where they seem to have been mainly drilled in where not to kick it.

But youā€™re right that at the end of the day is all these blokes could just show some basic competence and decision making in the moment then we win that game and many others weā€™ve thrown away.

Thatā€™s why Friday night was so depressing. Actually played really well in most areas but this long-term trend of butchering chances stopped us winning and most likely will do so again come finals.

Topkent great stuff. Also Kozzy had a shocking F50 entry in the last when we had gone a point up and had some momentum.

Just to refresh memories, think it was after ANBs goal. We win the centre clearance, Kozzys man gets sucked into the stoppage and he gets an uncontested mark 60m out on the flank. He shanks a kick into the pocket which the Pies intercept and kick a goal from. Mate they havenā€™t had a chance to get numbers back just put it 20m out straight in front FFS
It was very noticable how panicked we were in a tight game while Collingwood knew exactly what to do. Their last 5 minutes when they just shut down the game into repeat stoppages was unreal. We were completely hapless.

It was very noticable how panicked we were in a tight game while Collingwood knew exactly what to do.
The problem is it's a recurring theme.

We can illustrate individual *ups, lack of awareness and poor decisions all we want.

The question is why does this keep happening in high pressure games against the top sides.

We've seriously jeopardised a top 4 finish as a result if that loss too.

It was very noticable how panicked we were in a tight game while Collingwood knew exactly what to do. Their last 5 minutes when they just shut down the game into repeat stoppages was unreal. We were completely hapless.

Last year whilst our close game record was poor we were very good at absorbing opposition momentum and killing the game. As bad as our F50 work was on Friday the Pies had 21 shots from 41 inside 50s which is really bad defending by AFL standards.

Edit - in fact thatā€™s our worst game of the year (Iā€™d guess several years) in that stat, 50% of your entries being scores is horrific defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These ******* kids. When I played youā€™d be shipped back to the country leagues if you did this s**t.

Canā€™t remember anything specific from last game, but feel like Sparrow has been making an awful lot of poor decisions with ball in hand the last 4-6 weeks.

Can't argue with much of that Topkent. I do think the Oliver one is a bit of a stretch, but would have to watch it again. Other than that, you can see the crazy mixture of selfishness and 'anyone but me' that has crept into the team the last three months.

We are back to early 2020 again, playing okay but making horrible decisions. Do we really need the media to have the red mist discussion again because that's what happened and we improved in the second half of 2020.

BTW I agree with the consensus the coloured bold font is a beautiful addition to the lab. I also want to mention I noticed the arrows look much neater.

Canā€™t remember anything specific from last game, but feel like Sparrow has been making an awful lot of poor decisions with ball in hand the last 4-6 weeks.

This is definitely correct.
Strange thing is heā€™s probably our most deadly player if heā€™s taking a shot inside the 50 but one of the worst at kicking to forwards

Can't argue with much of that Topkent. I do think the Oliver one is a bit of a stretch, but would have to watch it again. Other than that, you can see the crazy mixture of selfishness and 'anyone but me' that has crept into the team the last three months.
I actually think Oliver's is the easiest kick inside 50. He as so much room to just drop it infront of Fritsch or Kozzie. Instead he just pumps it to the top of the square which is a real Oliver trait.

I wonder what Bowey would look like playing Spargo's forward role. Thoughts Doc Topkent ?
Don't mind it. Not sure how his tackling is, Spargos stronger than he looks but I don't see why Boweys ball use couldn't be useful up the ground.

I bet it hasn't improved but at one point Oliver and Trac had kicked the ball inside 50, 55 times in a 4 week stretch and found 1 target.

Last edited:
Don't mind it. Not sure how his tackling is, Spargos stronger than he looks but I don't see why Boweys ball use couldn't be useful up the ground.

I bet it hasn't improved but at one point Oliver and Trac had kicked the ball inside 50, 55 times in a 4 week stretch and found 1 target.

We have to find a way to get Bowey in and use his kicking. Heā€™s too good at an area weā€™re bad at not to be playing.

For the same reasons it feels like a missed opportunity that Laurie hasnā€™t been given some experience before now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back