Analysis TK'S LAB ( AKA the bore room ) 🌈

Remove this Banner Ad

20190504_070125-jpg.667589
Thighs.

Topkent would love you analysis of Petracca's goal from outside 50 on the weekend.

Fox didn't zoom in on his kick but when you are further out you tend to lean over the kick more to generate power and don't over think the ball drop.

Fox didn't zoom in on his kick but when you are further out you tend to lean over the kick more to generate power and don't over think the ball drop.
Meanwhile, I can't stop looking at how he holds the ball on his approach ... You can just about see him over thinking it with every little juggle of it.

Meanwhile, I can't stop looking at how he holds the ball on his approach ... You can just about see him over thinking it with every little juggle of it.

Yep he needs to simplify it. Start by looking at the ball rather than the goals as he walks in and concentrate on a clean ball drop and kick it true.
Hold the laces and make sure the ball doesn't spin in the drop.

Interesting that all the worst scoring teams of all time have been in the last 2 years.

Yeah so the problem with modern AFL isn't the ball movement. It's the lack of quality forwards and the fact that the best players tend to go back now as often as forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be scores registered against total amount of inside 50's.....you could still be a relatively high scoring side who just gets a bucket load of forward 50 entries and are just terribly in efficient.

I'd suspect carlton GC and bulldogs were low scoring with a low efficiency.....back in the day low scoring sides probably had a low inside 50 count meaning their efficiency wasn't to bad.

That would be scores registered against total amount of inside 50's.....you could still be a relatively high scoring side who just gets a bucket load of forward 50 entries and are just terribly in efficient.

I'd suspect carlton GC and bulldogs were low scoring with a low efficiency.....back in the day low scoring sides probably had a low inside 50 count meaning their efficiency wasn't to bad.

The * you on about? All of those teams are low scoring teams and we are significantly lower than anyone else

The **** you on about? All of those teams are low scoring teams and we are significantly lower than anyone else

Correct me if i am wrong the screen shot you posted was a percentage of how many times we scored per inside 50's. Which at 33.5% means we score once from every three entries?

We are second lowest team for total points for 556 and we’ve had 465 insides 50s for 176 shots

The lowest points for is GC with 502. They’ve had 397 inside 50’s for 163 shots.

Interestingly WCE are the third lowest scoring team with 596 they’ve had 373 inside 50’s for 172 shots.

My point was efficiency going inside 50 is a big problem and we generate a high amount of inside 50s for a low scoring side. But in terms of total points for we aren’t the lowest scoring side ever.

FYI, Gold Coast avg 59 points for last year, we are averaging 69 points for this year.

We are second lowest team for total points for 556 and we’ve had 465 insides 50s for 176 shots

The lowest points for is GC with 502. They’ve had 397 inside 50’s for 163 shots.

Interestingly WCE are the third lowest scoring team with 596 they’ve had 373 inside 50’s for 172 shots.

My point was efficiency going inside 50 is a big problem and we generate a high amount of inside 50s for a low scoring side. But in terms of total points for we aren’t the lowest scoring side ever.

FYI, Gold Coast avg 59 points for last year, we are averaging 69 points for this year.

Staggering when we averaged about 5 goals better last year.

I'm really not sure what point you are going with here? Maybe I worded it poorly but we are the least efficient I50 side statistically ever since they started taking stats.

In 20 odd years no team has even been close to us in terms of poor entries.
A midfield of Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney ain't getting done in the future.

I'm really not sure what point you are going with here? Maybe I worded it poorly but we are the least efficient I50 side statistically ever since they started taking stats.

Where do we rank in terms of all time clearances/I50 numbers? I was thinking on Saturday that I honestly would almost take Gawn + mix of Viney/Trac/Brayshaw/Oliver/Harmes over any other centre square combo I've ever seen for that final play, but it's ******* infuriating that they're so prolific and we're still so s**t.

Where do we rank in terms of all time clearances/I50 numbers? I was thinking on Saturday that I honestly would almost take Gawn + mix of Viney/Trac/Brayshaw/Oliver/Harmes over any other centre square combo I've ever seen for that final play, but it's ******* infuriating that they're so prolific and we're still so ****.

We were the 2nd best contested footy side of the statistical era. Also quick bit of research and last year we were the 3rd highest I50 team of all time behind Essendon (2000) and Collingwood (2011)

Off the top of my head

We were the 2nd best contested footy side of the statistical era. Also quick bit of research and last year we were the 3rd highest I50 team of all time behind Essendon (2000) and Collingwood (2011)
RIP

Yeah I think your wording thew me out, sounded like you were trying say the worst scoring side

Yeah I think your wording thew me out, sounded like you were trying say the worst scoring side

Nah we were the 3rd highest I50 team of all time last year and we finish 5th on the ladder H/A.
It's a real issue with this midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back