Toast TLR calls for vote on guernsey - update: Members vote for Premiership/Fitzroy Lion - it's back baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think the maroon is a little more in line with the '97 colour (brighter, a little more cerise – or should that be therrrithe!)? Suits me. Always thought that OG one looked best.

The watermarks are fine IMO. And I think the maroon is just showing up lighter because of that particular picture settings (temp, exposure, fill flash etc). The maroon on my 2015 one is about the same as it is on every other of the maroon Lions jumpers I have too.

Lion is too big and makes the players look thin in the body.

I'm being picky I know, but the more I look at the jumper the more I'm disappointed with it. Obviously I'm rapt the lion is back, but I really don't like those water mark lions on it. It looks dirty and stained..

Why on earth do they have to go that one step too far when they change things. Just a simple maroon body of the jumper would've been perfect imo.

These criticisms have convinced me that there's only one possible course of action.

BRING BACK PADDLEPOP!!

Just remembered, I haven't been into the Lions Shop, but apparently the jumper sold out already. Dunno if it's the home or away version, but they said they can only send one out because the other is sold out.
Sales figures would be interesting to see. They should only be compared to the summer of 2009/10 because new designs always sell better, but I reckon they should be through the roof.
I think it's important that people do their best to buy one, so there is no doubt whatsoever that the right decision was made bringing it back. It needs to be a commercial success to keep the bean counters happy.

Anyone else think the maroon is a little more in line with the '97 colour (brighter, a little more cerise – or should that be therrrithe!)? Suits me. Always thought that OG one looked best.

I just checked it out - lining up my 1997 jumper vs. 2002 vs. 2015.

You are right, the maroon is clearly lighter than the 2002 version (which I assumed stayed pretty much the same from whenever the new material started to be used [2000?] to this year). The maroon on the 2015 jumper is more like the 1997 jumper, but still not as light / bright as that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remembered, I haven't been into the Lions Shop, but apparently the jumper sold out already. Dunno if it's the home or away version, but they said they can only send one out because the other is sold out.
Sales figures would be interesting to see. They should only be compared to the summer of 2009/10 because new designs always sell better, but I reckon they should be through the roof.
I think it's important that people do their best to buy one, so there is no doubt whatsoever that the right decision was made bringing it back. It needs to be a commercial success to keep the bean counters happy.
They've been spruiking the absolute shite out of it this year so I'm really not surprised. The amount of hype is amazing, even people in my company in Victoria, who don't follow the Lions have been talking to me about it.

And I agree - I didn't necessarily need a new jumper, as I actually very much enjoy wearing the 3-peat hero style - but I bought one anyway. Partly celebration and partly to 'reward' the club in doing the right thing.

Putting aside the fear of opening up old wounds, I couldn't help but smile when I read the following article on the Lions website:

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-03-27/gear-up-for-round-1

A crowd of more than 30,000 is expected for the Easter Saturday match and Consumer Products and Licensing Manager Joel McDonald says he expects the new look replica player Guernsey (with a return to the Fitzroy Lion) to be a hot ticket item.

It is the first time that I have noticed the Club itself calling it the Fitzroy Lion. God we have come a long way since the Supreme Court case 5-6 years ago (when the then Club admin was arguing against that very definition).

In the end whether you call it the Fitzroy Lion, the Traditional Lion, the Premiership Lion or anything else it really doesn't matter. It doesn't change what it is or the fact that IT IS BACK!

We've come a long way baby, no small thanks to the Lions members here on BigFooty.

I got a giggle out of this SMS just sent out by the club:

ehwsTsT.jpg

That's like saying "We know, that old jumper sucked hard - we'll try and help make it right!" :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back