To any Melbourne cheer squad members

Remove this Banner Ad

If there are any Melbourne cheer squad members out there (or if anyone knows one who is), I just want to thank you for your excellent banner last night. I'm sure that Anthony Stevens appreciated it and I hope that your cheer squad members heard the applause from us North Melbourne fans.

Congratulations on your win last night and best wishes for the rest of the season.

Thanks again
Shinboners

I didn't see the banner, but I think it is good to see support for other players in trouble like that, especially from other clubs.

Congratulation Melbourne cheersquad, I hope all teams take your lead in respecting a champion in those sort of situations.

Matt

They must have a more charitable banner squad down at the van demons this year

They had "Good riddance to waverley" type message at the Hawks game last year - not very sporting

Perhaps they're trying to soften the roos up for a merger - the only two teams to actually vote to merge (one by shareholders ,one by members)

I gotta admit, as much as I hate Richmond, their cheersquad has come up with some fine banners.

In '95 when they made the finals for the first time since '82, they had a banner which appeared to fall down. The crowd gasped, but behind the falling sheet was another banner which simply read, "WE'RE BACK". I think it was in '98, they had another banner which read "MIYB - Men In Yellow And Black...Protecting the MCG from the Scum of the Universe".

Another favourite was in the '96 night grand final between Carlton and Geelong. The Carlton banner read, "'95 by Day, '96 by Night" or something like that.

Shinboners,

There isn't many cheer squad banners that I can remember, but the Tigers banner at that 95 final was one of the best I had ever seen. Also it was a nice gesture by the Melbourne Cheer Squad last Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back