Media To Bye or Not To Bye: That Is The Question

Are you happy with the prospect of a bye round in S34?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not up for me to give you media ideas :)
Because there is almost nothing left that hasn’t been covered, however tenuously, by someone else in the last 30 seasons.

Lol, just be honest. There are a bunch of losers on here that have literally nothing in their lives except for their noteriety in an online forum that couldnt bear to go unheard for an entire week, because again, theyve got nothing going on in their lives 🤗
Want me to list the top 3 Gatecrashers so far this season? The results will shock you!

No issues with a bye. Sometimes need a week off to refresh or so without one anyway so a bye would be nice. Also would allow those media inclined to have more time focused into it for that week

Plus the ladder will look more interesting. Behind but might have a game in hand? Could be fun
I am definitely warming up to the idea of a bye.

Would also make the expansion bids way more competitive if they were fighting with each other to get accepted.

Refer to post #2, some very astute person has already reached that conclusion.

Apologies Jabba

I was responding to our Supreme Leader

The point he made about teams on the bye potentially spamming other match threads reconfirmed the need for even team numbers

Lol, just be honest. There are a bunch of losers on here that have literally nothing in their lives except for their noteriety in an online forum that couldnt bear to go unheard for an entire week, because again, theyve got nothing going on in their lives 🤗

I am sure you will find something to distract you during bye week mate

Apologies Jabba

I was responding to our Supreme Leader

The point he made about teams on the bye potentially spamming other match threads reconfirmed the need for even team numbers

No, not nessecarily.

I believe the bids should be judged independetly on each other. A strong bid shouldn't be brought down because of a weaker one.

I am just saying, if it does happen, gatecrashing might need to be controlled. Not banned totally, but just controlled.

As a completely impartial person I suggest if there is a bid that is just great that this team replace the wooden spooner.

Would add interest to the last two rounds!

Fold a team over something completely out of their control?

Go take your meds HOrry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other way to avoid a bye would be to dissolve the Warriors :).

Awww, but all the generic boring names were taken.
I think the problem is that you doubled down on the Simpsons naming. The Isotopes I can live with, but when paired with Springfield it gets a little cringe. Want to align with a Sweet FA venue? Outback Isotopes. Want something alliterative? Illawarra Isotopes. Ipswich Isotopes. Ingham Isotopes. Inverleigh Isotopes.

I think the problem is that you doubled down on the Simpsons naming. The Isotopes I can live with, but when paired with Springfield it gets a little cringe. Want to align with a Sweet FA venue? Outback Isotopes. Want something alliterative? Illawarra Isotopes. Ipswich Isotopes. Ingham Isotopes. Inverleigh Isotopes.
Just change both names and start again. Springfield Isotopes is so uncreative.

A Springfield Isotopes team in the Sweet FA has been, half seriously, bandied about for years. I've decided to facilitate it and see if it has legs.
I'm happy to make this less serious than it needs to be.

I am definitely warming up to the idea of a bye.

Would also make the expansion bids way more competitive if they were fighting with each other to get accepted.
I like the idea of both bids fighting to the death

come on team 14 get out from the shadows and lets do this

1635750892237.png

Back