Toast To friendship and laughter

Remove this Banner Ad

This can seem like a maudlin song but it's meant to be sung at the end of the night in the expectation of singing it again in a few more nights...

(This vid is good too, reminds me of my little girls...)

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy,
And the dimpling stream runs laughing by;
When the air does laugh with our merry wit,
And the green hill laughs with the noise of it;

when the meadows laugh with lively green,
And the grasshopper laughs in the merry scene,
When Mary and Susan and Emily
With their sweet round mouths sing 'Ha, ha he!'

When the painted birds laugh in the shade,
Where our table with cherries and nuts is spread:
Come live, and be merry, and join with me,
To sing the sweet chorus of 'Ha, ha, he!'

(William Blake)

Howlin Wolf - right up there with the greatest ever.
It is said the when Sam Phillips, founder of Sun Studios, was asked who was the best ever star he recorded, he din't hesitate - Howlin Wolf. Keep in mind he also recorded Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, B B King, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash etc etc. Sitting in Sun Studios on a trip toMemphis was my trip greatest highlight.

It is said the when Sam Phillips, founder of Sun Studios, was asked who was the best ever star he recorded, he din't hesitate - Howlin Wolf. Keep in mind he also recorded Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, B B King, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash etc etc. Sitting in Sun Studios on a trip to Memphis was my greatest highlight.

I was guttered when I watched Cadillac Records film and he was on for only seconds

Edit: and honestly, what a list, love me some Muddy, BB King :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is said the when Sam Phillips, founder of Sun Studios, was asked who was the best ever star he recorded, he din't hesitate - Howlin Wolf. Keep in mind he also recorded Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, B B King, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash etc etc. Sitting in Sun Studios on a trip toMemphis was my trip greatest highlight.

Awesome.

1584745275550.png
1584745301987.png
i have eaten at the bar (had Boston Cream Pie i think) in Boston where they got the idea:
also i seen the set (back in 2006 when i was in LA)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back